PDA

View Full Version : Well, I finally finished it.

Brother_Hood
2007-04-08, 11:09 AM
The main thing was I had no time. However, I overcame that. So there it is, off to the left. Done with Amorelli's Inkscape/Gimp instructions. I don't think I did the robe right in the end, but this is a test after all. Consider also I have to have a ruler to do a straight line in real life, and you get the idea of how artistic I really am. :D

So... suggestions a newbie can follow?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2007-04-08, 12:02 PM
Well, if you're going for OOTS style, the head is the first problem.

It is a circle, true, but the eyes are slightly wrong.

Here's a large version of one of the Djinn's most recent. The body isn't pure OOTS style, but it should get the idea across.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/Djinn_in_Tonic/Rastagirl300x300.png

Note the face. Skin toned, not yellow, with eyes placed close together, one slightly bigger than the other. The mouth is fairly small, and not a long line like the one you have. It makes it look more like a stylized human rather than a smiley face.

Also, the feet on yours are a bit small and close together, and the shoulders are kind of odd. The Djinn thinks the arms are in un-realistic positions and come from to low down. Stand in a mirror and try to make that pose...you're elbows will be bent oddly, and it will be really uncomfortable.

Finally, the hands are very small. But still...not a bad first job. The Djinn has seen worse by far.

-The Djinn

Brickwall
2007-04-08, 02:29 PM
Uhh, Djinn, what's that thing between her head and her torso?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2007-04-08, 02:53 PM
For some reason the Djinn draws necks. Don't ask why...the Djinn does not know. :smallbiggrin:

Style quirk, he supposes.

-The Djinn

Brother_Hood
2007-04-08, 04:45 PM
Yeah, it's a wonky pose. I can see that now. It also looks small, for some reason. It's 117x117, but....