PDA

View Full Version : Long-Term Sandbox I

Debatra
2015-03-01, 07:15 PM
After hearing of your recent triumph against raiding Goblins in one of the surrounding villages, the Duke of Lumbin has requested your presence. He has asked you to enter a cave some miles to the southeast and retrieve an item known as the Dragon Shield. It, along with some other minor items, was stolen two weeks ago. Regrettably, Duke Arlos can offer you no information regarding the thief or thieves themselves, nor about who or whatever may now have the shield; only its current location.

You are still there, talking to the Duke. He has promised a reward, but has not said specifically what you'll get from the deal.

---

Some stuff for ease of looking up:

Del Fadast (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=69550)
Laenia Domori (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=276270)
Rosetta Stone (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=69088) (who ironically only speaks two languages)
Shandri Evenwood (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=68202)
Setting
More information will be provided as appropriate. For now, some basics.

The land this will start in is called Nesca. You currently call the major agricultural city of Lumbin your home. How long you've lived there is up to you. Lumbin is very close to the southeast border of Nesca, leading to the desert land known as Rhidak. You may or may not have been there, but most likely not.

Many people believe the border between Nesca and Rhidak is where the grass meets the sand. In reality, Nesca extends roughly a mile past that line near Lumbin. However, this thought is true further north. The capitol is also the city closest to Nesca, Karid. Sections of the northwest desert are cooler than the rest and, except during the summer months, can usually be traversed with minimal precaution against heat.

More as appropriate/asked/I have time.

The Big 16
1. What game system are you running:

Dungeons and Dragons, 3.5 Edition

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be:

Custom setting.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?:

Four. No "alternates" but dropouts will be replaced.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?:

OOTS Forum

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?:

Level 2

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?:

1,000 GP

No masterwork weapons or armor. I have a legitimate reason for this which will be revealed later.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?:

Pretty much all official 3.5e material. Also, the Giant's classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?172910-Articles-Previously-Appearing-on-GiantITP-com) are allowed.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?:

I normally love them, but I'm going to say no to Lesser Planetouched this time. Also, any character with more than two templates is automatically out. LA Buyoff as per UA.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?:

4d6b3 six times, then replace your lowest score with an 18. Max HP.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?:

Alignment is normal unless you get something special approved. No promises.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?:

No multiclassing penalty.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?:

I will make secret rolls (Spot, Listen, Sense Motive, etc) off-site and PM the results, if any, to players. Players roll Knowledge checks and similar, and I will PM those results as well. It is the player's/character's decision what to tell the rest of the party.

You may request that I make any normally public roll of yours in secret, and I will normally do so.
It's usually a good idea to make this request via PM so the others don't catch on.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

The Giant's Diplomacy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=9606632&postcount=2) rules are in play. Your choice whether to call it Persuasion as he suggests in the purple text. Other homebrew will be considered on request.

Fractional saves/BAB.

Up to two of each Traits and Flaws. You WILL roleplay them when appropriate.

If you didn't explicitly say you did something, you didn't do it. However, I will try to be reasonable about this.

EDIT: All homebrew that can only be found on dandwiki is automatically banned.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular:

None required. In fact, I won't even look at them until after selections are made. Just make sure you leave room to know whomever gets picked in some form. Don't bother linking backstories together until after selections are made. You might not both get in.

Whichever characters are picked are expected to know each other well enough to work together. I don't care if that means you're childhood friends or you just met last week (or even the day of if you think you can pull it off). That's for you to figure out. The important part is that your characters can work together without stabbing each other in the back without immediately stabbing each other in the back. Maybe later. :smallamused:

The closest thing to fame you're allowed to start with is a bounty on your head. Dead or alive, and don't get angry if someone chooses dead.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?:

Time will tell. I'd like to think a little of everything.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?:

Give me a source for everything that isn't in core. Such is the trouble we must endure since dndtools was shut down. Page numbers appreciated but not required.

manwithaplan
2015-03-01, 08:17 PM
"No."

The trade was a simple concept. One good, or perhaps several, in exchange for something of equal value. At times, services could be substituted for goods. There was nothing special about this - simple economics that a child could understand. Another thing that a child could understand was that Shandri and her group were not looking at a good trade. It was not the lack of information regarding their challenge that frustrated the Wizard. No, that was merely an occupational hazard - an adventurer never knew what she was getting into. It was the lack of information regarding their pay.

"Duke, let me tell you that I truly empathise with the loss of your Dragon Shield. Now let me tell you some other things I empathise with. My friends. Fellow scholars. Most of all, though; my purse, which happens to be feeling a bit too light for my taste. We're hardly professional workers, mind. We don't expect an advance payment, or even a particularly staggering one. But we want to know, at least to some degree, what we can expect to receive for our efforts. Tell us what we're getting paid, or we'll tell you."

GameSpawn
2015-03-02, 12:14 AM
Laenia grimaces on the inside words; not that it isn't a good idea to determine the details of the deal up front, but she thinks the woman's words are overly callous. Not everyone has a way with words though; Laenia puts her concerns about her companion aside, "If you please sir, you are the duke; it does seem as if you have the power to set aside reasonable compensation for the retrieval of these goods."

JDL
2015-03-02, 08:24 AM
"I think we're all in agreement here," says Rosetta, crossing her arms and smiling as she uses them to push up her ample cleavage a little. "Let's be clear on the details of this arrangement: we will happily risk our lives and expend our limited resources in this venture, but in exchange we expect fair compensation. No city guards suddenly arresting us for being in possession of the Duke's personal property the minute we step back into town. If you fail to offer us a price we deem acceptable, the items we obtain from these bandits are ours fairly as goods in lieu of payment. I have with me a copy of our standard agreement for your signature, your grace," she says, presenting a sheet of paper with the following written upon it:

A contractual party under this contract, such as the Enemy Parties, The Issuing Party, or the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company, is taken to mean that party, their officers and individuals, followers, servants, slaves, gods, allies or fellow travelers, and mercenaries in their pay, any individuals or creatures, spirits, constructs, or undead under their direct mental control, or that have been summoned by them or that is their property; hereafter referred to in aggregate in this contract as each party named above. The Issuing Party and the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company hereby define any entity or group threatening the safety or liberty of either party, with the exclusion of The Issuing Party and the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company, within the stated contractual area as an Enemy Party and subject to all conditions imposed by this contract. The Issuing Party hereby gives and grants to the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company the lawful right and the full power and authority to kill, slay, dispel, dismiss, apprehend, seize, or take into custody the Enemy Parties, as well as all personal property, money, goods and wares, that shall be found with them, without let or hindrance, interference, or stigma by the Issuing Party, on pain of the Issuing Party being declared an Enemy Party under this contract. All personal property, money, goods and wares seized under this contract shall become the property of the Officers of the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company without diminution by any agency mortal or divine. The Issuing Party hereby grants the Officers of the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring company the lawful right to seize real property, mining rights, or farmland, above or below ground within the stated contractual area, in the name of the issuing party, provided that this property in any way aids or advantages the Enemy Parties. The Issuing Party also grants the officers and individuals of the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company the right of first refusal on the further sales of any such property, on pain on being declared an Enemy Party under this contract. The Officers of the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company hereby accepts the responsibility to distribute equally the proceeds of all sales of any such property among the individuals and officers of the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company without restriction. The Officers of the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company hereby accepts the responsibility to inform the issuing party of all information or property found or seized under this contract, and their contents and value, and all Enemy Parties slain etc... under this contract on pain of fine and/or trial. The Issuing Party hereby indemnifies the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company from all accidental and unavoidable damage or deaths caused by their actions during the execution of the actions specified and permitted by this contract within the stated contractual area, now and in future, above or below ground, upon any plane, even unto the end of time, on pain on being declared an Enemy Party under this contract. The Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company hereby guarantees the safety, health, and confidentiality of the individuals that comprise the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company and their property and and to liberate, advice, and protect them from persecution to the best of their ability wherever they may be found (but may demand additional compensation of no more than 15% over market value in the case of consumables or medical services exceeding those named in this contract), except as named above, on pain of that agency or party being declared an Enemy Party under this contract. The Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company being inherently a transnational military entity, The Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company considers Arbitration and Enforcement of the clauses and provisions of this contract to be the inherent responsibility of the party of Heironeous, the God of Law and no other, and The Issuing Party and The Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company hereby admit or guarantee no possibility of any other attempt or employment of any other source of Arbitration, Compensation, Justice, or Retribution than Officers specifically appointed for that case by the party of Heironeous, the God of Law on pain on being declared an Enemy Party under this contract. The Issuing Party and the Exploration and Liberation Expedition Adventuring Company hereby consent to all Arbitration and Enforcement by duly appointed Officers of Heironeous, the God of Law to be held at a location and time defined by the duly appointed Officers of Heironeous subject to written notice being served to all parties concerned and reasonable time from said notice to allow attendance by all parties concerned at the appointed location. Here the undersigned do declare and acknowledge their understanding and agreement to abide by the contract as written until mutually agreed termination or violation of the above contract.

Rosetta flourishes her signature at the bottom of the document, turning the paper to the Duke for his seal.

DoctorFaust
2015-03-02, 09:28 AM
From behind the other three comes a loud, rough cough, and Del steps forwards. "Laird, I hope ye don' take offense to my companions skepticism of yer good will, but they do have a poin'. Ye've told us where t'go and what t'find, but not what to expect. And while I doubt tha' ye'd send us somewhere likely to get us killed, or try to renege on t'deal after we've returned, I've found it good business to always get the details in writing before I accept a job."

Debatra
2015-03-03, 12:37 AM
Arlos holds his hands up in a request for silence. "Please, please, one at a time. Well, it's good to know I'm not dealing with mindless brigands. Obviously, I can't make a perfectly fair offer based on unknown risks. However, if the number is agreeable to you, I can offer each of you two-hundred gold. Also, we could pay a small amount for other recovered pieces of equipment, though you could keep them. We only need the Shield."

JDL
2015-03-03, 12:47 AM
"Excellent! If we have an agreement, may I have your seal on this document?" says Rosetta, picking up the Duke's sealing wax and dripping it onto the parchment on the table. "This will allow us to explain our presence and the force of arms we carry to your guard, a most vigilant band I assure you. I would hate to be mistaken for a brigand and be delayed in returning your rightful property to you."

Debatra
2015-03-03, 03:41 AM
The Duke gets about a third of the way through your paper before giving you... a look. "...Is this a joke? 'In any way aids or advantages the Enemy Party'? Do you just not realize how broad that is? And what about this part, 'without diminution by any agency mortal or divine'? While I don't see any reason the gods would object to this job, I'm not about to try signing anything on their behalf; especially not something so poorly-worded.

I understand the concern, but you're not likely to be mistaken for bandits in my city unless you run around acting like them. I'll have our agreement put in writing if you'd like, but certainly not this writing."

manwithaplan
2015-03-03, 03:52 AM
When did they get a contract? Shandri looked to Rosetta with an eyebrow raised before looking to the Duke's poor reaction with concern. She had definitely not proofread this document.

"We have what we need to know," she said. "Two hundred gold pieces each, in addition to a possible commission bonus for other returned goods besides the shield itself. Though it will occasionally eliminate the hassle of strange coincidences and unfortunate misunderstandings, the contract is a luxury that we would be willing to act without."

She was speaking for the entire group herself, but the contract was rather left field for an adventuring party, and she didn't think the others would be too daunted by the prospect of facing off against a few more bandits without proper legal protection.

Debatra
2015-03-03, 01:08 PM
Arlos seems to notice your own reaction, though he doesn't comment further. Very well then. You've been given the best directions we can offer. Go as you will." He also gives Shandri a small piece of parchment. On it is a decent sketch of the Dragon Shield, alongside a short description. It appears to be a heavy wooden shield with a dragon's head carved into the center. The description says the shield is mostly light blue, and the head black. There's also a symbol under the head that none of you recognize.

manwithaplan
2015-03-03, 06:28 PM
"Thank you."

Shandri folded up the parchment and slipped it into a back pocket of her breeches. She bowed before turning to her friends, gesturing them with a wave that had one clear meaning. Time to go.

So, where are we? In a town? And how far is 'some miles to the southeast'?

DoctorFaust
2015-03-03, 07:11 PM
"I thank you for your time, and your generosity, laird." Del bows low to Duke Arlos and claps a fist to his chest. As they exit the chamber, he grunts in relief, and mutters, "Rosetta, we need to havin' words about when appropri'te times to offer contracts t' royalty are and aren'. Especially if yer gonna go so far as t' use their sealing wax on it."

GameSpawn
2015-03-03, 08:39 PM
After studying the picture, Laenia begins moving out as well. When Del directs his comment to Rosetta, she moves in to listen.

JDL
2015-03-03, 09:15 PM
"Very well," Rosetta says with a sigh, rolling up her parchment and putting it away. "I assume you'll have your scriveners draft the agreement with our group? I'll stop past their office in a few hours to pick them up."

Their business concluded, Rosetta walks out of the room with the rest of her companions. When out of earshot of the guards she smiles and pats her ally Del on the shoulder. "I know, I know, but it was worth a shot. Half of these local nobles are so inbred they'll stamp anything you wave under their nose. Can't blame a girl for trying. Listen, I'm going to go pump the locals for any information I can gather before we depart. If you want to come along with me I'm happy to have the aid, or if you have other business before we leave you can get it sorted now. Let's meet over there no later than five hours from now," says Rosetta, pointing as they emerge from the Duke's villa to a large fountain across the street. "I'm gonna try and pick up a map of the local area too so we don't get lost on the way."

After finishing up with her friends, Rosetta sets out to track down as much information as she's able to gather.

Gather Information check: Local news, reports of recent dangers for travellers, information on the Dragon Shield and those who might have taken it.
taking [1d4+1 hours time

Also seeking a map of the local area and picking up the Duke's written contract with our group after finishing the above.

GameSpawn
2015-03-03, 09:40 PM
Laenia smiles pleasantly at Rosetta, "I'll come along with you." She follows along as Rosetta goes off.

[roll0]

EDIT: Actually, this should be +5, not +3: I forgot about Nymph's Kiss.

DoctorFaust
2015-03-03, 11:34 PM
Del nods to the other two as they leave, and then says to Shandri, "I'm headin' to find a smithy, and then an inn. Yer welcome to come along, but I'm not so sure you'd find the talk that interesting."

Gather information check.

[roll0]

manwithaplan
2015-03-04, 03:23 AM
Shandri shook her head.

"I'll pass, thanks. I'm still a little weary from our last little outing, so I think I'll sit down."

The Wizard went over to have a seat by the fountain several hours before she'd have to be there. Retrieving the sketch from her pocket again, she began to ponder.

The Dragon Shield. I must have heard it before somewhere.

Shandri will roll Knowledge to see if she knows anything about this MacGuffin.

[roll0]

I don't know what sort of check I should make for this, so I'll let you add in the bonus for me, Debatra. I have +11 Arcana, +9 History, Nature, and Religion, as well as +4 untrained in everything else.

Debatra
2015-03-05, 10:11 PM
A lot of the locals seem to know what the Dragon Shield is, or at least that it exists. The way people talk about it, you doubt anyone knows it's gone yet. Some people mention seeing a strange Halfling woman in town a few weeks ago. When she left, she went southeast.

Rosetta on the other hand, only overhears a Dwarf mention that his lunch was particularly good today.

GameSpawn
2015-03-05, 11:37 PM
After her last conversation with the locals, Laenia addresses Rosetta, "Let's return to the others. I did hear a rumor about going a strange halfling woman who headed off in the same direction we want to go, but it doesn't seem anyone knows much about the robbery, or where we're headed."

DoctorFaust
2015-03-07, 02:36 PM
Del waves goodbye to the blacksmith as he exits the forge, and then spits on the ground outside. "Horse piss," he grunts. "Always with 'ta horse piss. And barely found anything useful about the shield for it."

The dwarf glances up at the sun, and then down the street. "Probably close to time. Best head back, find the wizard."

JDL
2015-03-07, 06:46 PM
Rosetta stops back at the Duke's villa to pick up the written agreement, and checks if anyone else obtained a map. As the group gathers back at the fountain and swap stories, Rosetta nods sagely.

"Seems we've got some competition for the shield? The Duke didn't mention anything about hiring another group, though I wouldn't put it past the inbred halfwit to forget to mention that detail. Anyway, we have what we came for, and we've got our task. Let's get moving!"

Rosetta takes position at the front of the group as they depart, her bow held easily in her hand as they follow the road. She keeps her eyes peeled for danger and her ears sharp for the sounds of hidden foes. Together with her allies, they make their way towards the location of the Dragon Shield.

manwithaplan
2015-03-07, 07:03 PM
As the team shared what they had found out, Shandri explained what she had remembered about the Dragon Shield as soon as she took a good look at its design.

"This is a valuable magic item, without a doubt. I can't remember its exact powers, but I believe that any one of us with the shield on our arm would be a dangerous challenge for a dragon - at least, a young and inexperienced one. The problem here is that there are numerous Draconic groups and cults and whatnot that would want nothing more than to destroy it. It is likely that we will deal with such a group on this venture."

With her knowledge shared she was ready to go, and she went with the group as they left for the Dragon Shield's location.

Debatra
2015-03-08, 01:56 AM
Laenia notices a few people passing by give Rosetta dirty looks. She herself does not.

GameSpawn
2015-03-08, 04:21 PM
Laenia smiles at the people as they pass by, even the ones who seem less than happy with her companion. When she notices passers-by giving Rosetta dirty looks, she moves a little closer to the other woman.

After listening to Rosetta and Shandri's input, she offers her own, "All we heard for sure was that a 'strange' halfling woman was heading southeast at around the right time. She could be searching for the Dragon Shield, but it's hardly conclusive. Still, our course forward is the same regardless."

As they go, Laenia keeps an eye and an ear on the area around them.

DoctorFaust
2015-03-08, 08:21 PM
"I heard about tha same. Halfling woman, headed southeas'." Del waves the other three ahead as they begin leaving the square. "You lot go ahead. I need to fetch my horse from the stables, but I'll meet you at t'gates."

Debatra
2015-03-14, 10:42 AM
As the group makes to leave, a guard approaches, with an old Halfling woman following close behind. She mutters something to the guard, pointing towards the group. The guard approaches, turning to Rosetta.

"Excuse me ma'am, but I'm afraid you have to come with me. I'll need to take those weapons as well."

GameSpawn
2015-03-14, 01:37 PM
Laenia decides it might be best to try to direct the conversation, "Is there a problem, sir?"

JDL
2015-03-15, 07:51 PM
Rolling her eyes, delays handing over her weapons to the guard, instead producing from her pack the letters she collected from the Duke's estate.

"I'll thank you to fill in a receipt first for everything I'm carrying, officer. I have here letters under the Duke of Lumbin's name authorizing our group to perform services which may require the use of deadly force. Shall we go directly to the guard tower and have this matter settled directly? I'd prefer not to delay in accomplishing the Duke's assigned task."

After she's satisfied the guard is genuine and he gives her the receipt for her weapons, she hands them to him.

Taking 20 over 2 minutes on Spot check for 27 to see through disguise vs. guard to determine if he's a genuine officer of the law

Debatra
2015-03-15, 08:57 PM
Laenia decides it might be best to try to direct the conversation, "Is there a problem, sir?"

"Move along, Ma'am. Nothing you need to worry about.

Rolling her eyes, delays handing over her weapons to the guard, instead producing from her pack the letters she collected from the Duke's estate.

"I'll thank you to fill in a receipt first for everything I'm carrying, officer. I have here letters under the Duke of Lumbin's name authorizing our group to perform services which may require the use of deadly force. Shall we go directly to the guard tower and have this matter settled directly? I'd prefer not to delay in accomplishing the Duke's assigned task."

After she's satisfied the guard is genuine and he gives her the receipt for her weapons, she hands them to him.

Taking 20 over 2 minutes on Spot check for 27 to see through disguise vs. guard to determine if he's a genuine officer of the law

As you start talking, the guard just rolls his eyes. Then you mention the papers from the Duke, which he takes and briefly examines.

"...What's this nonsense? I don't know who wrote this, but Duke Arlos hasn't signed it, just some 'Stone' person. That's you, I take it? Now, are you going to hand over your weapons and come quietly?"

GameSpawn
2015-03-16, 08:55 PM
Laenia shakes her head, "I'm sorry sir, but what concerns this woman concerns me as well. If you would just tell us why you're stopping her, I'm sure we can come to an amiable solution."

I'm not sure if you think a diplomacy check is necessary, but if so: [roll0]

Debatra
2015-03-17, 10:06 PM
The guard turns to Laenia. "Oh, are you two together? Well, your friend is under arrest. I'm afraid the only 'amiable solution' here is her peaceful surrender."

JDL
2015-03-17, 11:57 PM
"Oh, I surrender, I surrender," says Rosetta with a slight smirk, reaching her hands behind her head. She laces her fingers together and leans back slightly, thrusting her chest out and creating an interesting display of female curves. "Please don't be too rough with me. But you still haven't filled in a receipt for my weapons, officer. I know the guard always gives you a written docket for anything they take when you get arrested so you can collect it when you're released. I'll bet the back room in the lockup is just filled with interesting toys, and I'd hate to get someone else's property by mistake and be accused of theft. I mean, it's hardly like this is the first time I've been arrested. Imagine, accusing this body of being indecent!" she says, unlacing her hands and indicating to herself up and down with an expression of disbelief on her face. "I was simply consumed by a sudden desire last full moon to take a walk in the silvery light au naturel, as it were. I can only assume it was a wild spirit of the fey influencing my thoughts. Well, to cut a long story short, I ended up spending the night in a rather chilly cell with a receipt for one cucumber, fifty ft. of silk rope and a pint of oil. By the way, if you know Roberto down at the guardhouse, please give him my regards and let him know my offer of dinner and dessert afterwards still stands," she says, giving the guard a sly wink.

Delaying for 2 minutes with speech while completing Spot check.

Debatra
2015-03-18, 03:07 AM
Near as you can tell, this is really a guard. When you first claim to surrender, he visibly relaxes. Then you get into your speech and he gives mixed reactions as you go on. "Receipt? Yeah, yeah sure. We handle that kind of paperwork down at the dungeon. But for now," He draws his weapon, a plain-looking longsword, and trains it on you. "Drop. Your weapons... Now."

JDL
2015-03-18, 04:04 AM
Rosetta smiles, says nothing, and spreads her arms out in complete surrender.

Standard Action: Total Defense

GameSpawn
2015-03-18, 07:19 AM
Laenia smiles at the guard, "See? I told you we could work everything out nicely. If you could just answer one more question though, why is she being arrested? I mean, on what charges?"

If it's necessary, diplomacy: [roll0]

Debatra
2015-03-18, 11:49 AM
He moves forward and shackles your arms behind your back

"It has some fancy official name, but the simple version is that she cl- Oh wait, now I remember. She 'challenged the legitimacy of Duke Arlos' claim to his title without supporting evidence'." He turns again to Rosetta. "If you actually happen to have any, you can present it at your trial." He gently pushes you forward in a signal to walk.

DoctorFaust
2015-03-18, 05:09 PM
Del canters up on his horse just as the guardsman places Rosetta in chains, and leans over to whisper at the other two. "Wha' in the name of Moradin, Clangeddin, and the whole rutting lot o' em did Rosetta do this time? This something I need ta get involved in?"

JDL
2015-03-18, 05:13 PM
"Really? So, hypothetically speaking, if I were to say it looks like the Duke is compensating for having a tiny penis by having people arrested who laugh at it, would that be illegal? Even in a private conversation from one friend to another?" says Rosetta to the guard, happily walking along the street. "What a profoundly pig-headed law that one is. No doubt written by some noble who was extremely insecure about the fact it was only his parents, who quite possibly also were his cousins, and no great measure of ability of his own that decided he would get to write the law. Imagine that, a law against hurting someone's feelings. What a princess that one must have been. Hmm, maybe that was it! Perhaps he had a fondness for dressing in women's hosery and shoes. Hey, do you think you might be able to put me in the third cell this time? The view from the last one was awful, nothing but a blank stone wall. I'd really like to have a word with the management about the accommodations, though at least you're giving me another night free of charge as compensation, so that's something. I might not have to finish that strongly worded letter I was writing if you do it properly this time. I'd like my wakeup call at seven please, breakfast no later than 8, room service if you don't mind, and make sure housekeeping knows to knock before coming inside. I might be entertaining later this evening," she says with a vulpine grin.

GameSpawn
2015-03-18, 05:49 PM
When the guard answers Laenia's question, relief washes over her, followed by trepidation; it relieves her to hear Rosetta isn't being accused of anything especially immoral, but if the duke was particularly touchy, he might mete out a harsh sentence regardless.

When Del speaks to her, she replies softly, "She's accused of 'challenging the legitimacy of Duke Arlos' claim to his title without supporting evidence'. I intend to follow along; it might be useful for one of us to keep an eye on the halfling woman, as she pointed Rosetta out to the guard." Laenia rolls her eyes at the official name of what seems to her to be a rather illegitimate charge.

She moves up alongside the guard and Rosetta, inwardly amused by Rosetta's words, but not letting is show, "Thank you sir. If you please, could you tell us the usual penalty for this offense?"

JDL
2015-03-18, 05:56 PM
"Is it public flogging? Please say it's public flogging! Do I get to pick who gets to give the punishment? Can I request Roberto? He's got such big hands, I'd love to see them in action. Plus you know what they say about guys with big hands too..." Rosetta says with a smirk and a wink. "Gosh, just the thought is getting my thighs quivering already."

DoctorFaust
2015-03-18, 07:47 PM
Del heaves a sigh and begins riding alongside the guard. "Ser, may I ask what evidence you've got o' your own charge? 'Cause if yer arresting this woman, seems like you must have pretty good reason to believe she... what'd you say, 'challenged the legitimacy of the duke'?"

Debatra
2015-03-20, 11:53 AM
"Thank you sir. If you please, could you tell us the usual penalty for this offense?"

"Well, usua-"

"Is it public flogging? Please say it's public flogging! Do I get to pick who gets to give the punishment? Can I request Roberto? He's got such big hands, I'd love to see them in action. Plus you know what they say about guys with big hands too..." Rosetta says with a smirk and a wink. "Gosh, just the thought is getting my thighs quivering already."

The guard sighs, then calmly takes a small ring out of his pocket. It briefly glows brown, and Rosetta finds herself unable to speak.

"Well it's usually not that bad. She might not even see any jail time, but it can't be helped if your friend insists on digging herself in deeper. Although, if whatever the Duke supposedly hired you for involved swearing you into service, that would bump it up to treason. By the way, it's not something as juvenile as 'hurting the Duke's feelings'. How do you expect any leader to be effective when nobody trusts them? It would be one thing if it were just a few private words among friends, but it simply can't be ignored when you loudly announce to the town square that you believe Arlos to be an 'inbred halfwit'."

Del heaves a sigh and begins riding alongside the guard. "Ser, may I ask what evidence you've got o' your own charge? 'Cause if yer arresting this woman, seems like you must have pretty good reason to believe she... what'd you say, 'challenged the legitimacy of the duke'?"

"I've got three witnesses, and there will be a general call for anyone else who heard what was said."

DoctorFaust
2015-03-20, 02:49 PM
Del tugs at the pink tips of his beard, and leans over to Laenia. "She say that while I was gone?" he mutters. "I don't remember it, but tha sounds like something she might say."

Whether or not he gets an answer, Del rights himself in his saddle and says to the guard, "I'll grant tha' a ruler needs the trust of his people, but I've found the only rulers that punish people fer insulting them are the ones that don't have the trust of their people ta begin with."

GameSpawn
2015-03-20, 05:35 PM
"Mmm." Laenia nods in response to to Del's comment, "It does, doesn't it?"

She considers the guards words, "Speaking frankly, it seems her making more ridiculous statements is actually to the Duke's advantage; the more ludicrous his accuser seems to be, the less weight her comments will carry."

Debatra
2015-03-21, 01:36 PM
The guard shrugs. "The law is the law. It's only my job to enforce it, not justify it.

DoctorFaust
2015-03-22, 02:23 PM
Del nods slowly at the guards remarks, and replies, "Ah haven't heard that one in a while. Think it's time we spoke t' the Duke about this."

GameSpawn
2015-03-22, 07:56 PM
Laenia shrugs in response to the guard's words; it seems to her that he might grant more leeway in enforcing an unjust law, but then, she supposes that she doesn't know his life.

When Del speaks, she nods in agreement, "Indeed. It's in his own best interest to resolve this quickly."

Debatra
2015-04-09, 11:25 PM
After getting that taken care of, the four of you manage to leave town without further incident.

You're on the road for about an hour when you meet three Humans (two male, one female) going the other way. Near as any of you can tell, they appear to be farmers.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-11, 03:02 PM
As the group passes by the travelers, Del nods to them and calls "Well met." He then turns back to Rosetta, and asks, "Now, t' next time tha' we go into a town ruled over by a Duke that made it punishable by whippin' for people to insult him, wha' are you not going to do?"

JDL
2015-04-11, 07:05 PM
"Well that depends on who's doing the whipping doesn't it?" says Rosetta nonchalantly, ignoring the travellers on the road but keeping her weapons in her hand casually. "I can't believe how slack those guards are. Not even a proper strip search! I could have smuggled anything into that prison. And yes, I understand what you're saying," Rosetta says, forestalling the return comment with a raised hand. "No insulting the tiny size of the baron's prick in public, no mention of how he keeps his brains in his ass, or that I've seen cow turds with more personality than him. We must remember that nobles are delicate and fragile creatures and disparaging remarks, however true they may be, are capital offences that end with me bent over a small table while a rather rugged fellow named Carlos gets to know me a lot better."

DoctorFaust
2015-04-12, 01:15 AM
Del turns away from Rosetta and buries his face in his beard, trying and failing to keep the mirth from his voice. "Aye, that's exactly wha' you should've learned from our little trip down to the dungeons. Not that I exactly disagree about his personality. All t'dukes I've met seem to fit the same mold. Bees in the britches, but no' enough power to order someone to scratch the stings."

GameSpawn
2015-04-19, 10:21 AM
Laenia smiles at the group as they approach, but doesn't change her pace or do or say anything else.

Debatra
2015-04-20, 06:14 PM
They politely return the greeting. Anyone who looks back a moment later might notice a bit of confusion on their faces as Rosetta speaks, but then they shrug and move on.

Some time later, you come across three other men (two Humans, one Elf). One of the Humans is in plain (but well-made) clothes with a longsword at his side. The other two are lightly armored and carrying similar blades.

GameSpawn
2015-04-22, 09:49 PM
Laenia smiles at this group too.

JDL
2015-04-24, 08:25 PM
"...and even though I'd told him there was no way that was going to fit, he just laughed and rammed it in anyway. Needless to say I was walking funny for the rest of the week," Rosetta says, reaching the end of a particularly embarrassing story explaining why she always carries a spare flask of oil. She notes the armed group drawing closer and nods to her companions to give the others a wide berth, moving to keep Del between them and herself. She keeps her bow drawn and ready just in case.

Debatra
2015-04-25, 04:05 AM
One of the Humans elbows the other in the ribs. The latter gives an annoyed grunt before speaking. His voice absolutely drips with sarcasm. "Right, right... Oh, good day to you fine folks, and happy travels to you all."

The first Human turns to Del and sighs. "Sorry about that. I'm trying to teach this idiot to be polite to people."

manwithaplan
2015-04-25, 05:41 AM
"Well, he seems to have a pretty good grasp of the basics. Maybe work on the tone."

With her contribution made, Shandri kept walking.

DoctorFaust
2015-04-26, 05:13 PM
"Eh, everyone needs ta learn somewhere," Del replies, nodding to the first human. "I'm Del, formerly o' Karid. Who're you all?"

Debatra
2015-05-01, 01:27 AM
"A group that regrettably doesn't have time to chat. Well, 'happy travels to you all' as my friend put it."

JDL
2015-05-02, 08:17 PM
Thankful that the travellers weren't hostile, Rosetta continues on her journey towards the last known location of the Dragon Shield.

DoctorFaust
2015-05-02, 09:08 PM
"Aye, happy travels to you as well." Del glances back over his should at them as they pass, and huffs. "There seems tae be a lot of chatty people on the road today. Not used ta that."

GameSpawn
2015-05-03, 01:01 PM
"Wait a minute everyone, it doesn't sound like they're just leaving." Laenia turns to make sure the group is actually departing, and gestures to the rest of the group to do likewise.

Debatra
2015-05-03, 01:37 PM
The three men are indeed following behind you, weapons drawn. When Laenia turns, they realize they've been noticed and move in.

Everyone except Laenia is surprised. Initiative time.

Human (clothes) - [roll0]
Human (Armor) - [roll1]
Elf - [roll2]

GameSpawn
2015-05-03, 01:44 PM
[roll0]

Also, how far away is the group?

Debatra
2015-05-03, 02:48 PM
The Human without armor Charges Laenia, just too late to stop her warning.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The other Human delays his turn, so Laenia's up.

Debatra
2015-05-03, 02:52 PM
Right. Forgot that rollv no longer adds the modifier. That's a natural 19 and he's using a longsword. :smallfrown:

Crit Confirmation...

[roll0]
[roll1]

GameSpawn
2015-05-03, 09:30 PM
Laenia steps aside and speaks the words of power, "Cosiami. Oiafelin. Samakta." Hot sand sprays out of her fingers.

Casting Sandblast (Complete Divine). If I can 5-ft. step out of AoO range and hit both humans, I'll do that. If I can't, but can hit the armored human, I will. If I can't, I'll just hit the one that attacked me. Either way: Reflex save 14 or take [roll0] non-lethal damage. Take half damage on successful save.

Debatra
2015-05-04, 02:53 AM
You can't hit the Armored Human without also hitting Del. That's your call.

Save: [roll0]

The Elf will Command Del to fall prone (DC 14 Will Save).

The other Human will 5' step forward and attack Del.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Debatra
2015-05-04, 03:56 AM
Goofed on the damage roll.

[roll0]

DoctorFaust
2015-05-06, 04:56 PM
Del, grumbling, but unable to resist the cleric's spell, climbs hastily down from his horse while pulling his axe free of his belt and flops to the ground. He then belly-crawls over to the human that struck him, and begins hacking at his ankles.

Free action to dismount, move action to close with the human combined with a free action to draw his axe, and then attacking.

[roll0]
[roll]1d10+2[roll]

manwithaplan
2015-05-07, 02:46 AM
Shandri whipped around as the combat began, shaking her head in frustration. She ran around the enemy group, getting to the back and moving in from the Elf caster from the side. Her hand went to her hip and came back with a gripped dagger, her sheath empty. She attempted to stab her opponent in the chest, compensating for her lack of martial training with the magical assistance that the weapon was providing her.

Move Action: Manoeuvre around until I'm adjacent to the Elf, draw my +1 Dagger.
Standard Action: Melee Attack with the Dagger. I don't want to cast my life away, in case we find the dungeon today; it is only 'some miles' away, after all.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

GameSpawn
2015-05-07, 07:29 AM
Laenia moves around behind Del, unlimbering her longspear as she does, and striking at the unarmored human from behind him.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Debatra
2015-05-07, 08:29 PM
The Elf turns fully toward Laenia, stepping and stabbing forward.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The Human brings his blade down upon the Dwarf at his feet.

[roll2]
[roll3]

JDL
2015-05-09, 05:10 AM
Rosetta quickly slinks away, picking a nearby spot to serve as cover while she takes aim at the least armored foe.

Move Action: Move at half speed 20 ft. maintaining 30 ft. distance from Elf and perform a Hide check using cover from a tree, shrub or other form or cover or concealment.
Hide check: [roll0] vs. opponent's Spot check with -3 penalty applied to Spot for 30 ft. distance and an additional -5 if enemy is distracted by combat
Standard Action: Ranged attack vs. Elf within 30 ft. of current location, Elf is denied Dexterity to AC and Rosetta gains +2 bonus to attack roll if her Hide check beats the enemy's Spot check.
Attack: [roll1] (-2 to this value if Enemy Spot check beats Rosetta's Hide check)
Damage: [roll2] arrow damage and [roll3] sneak attack damage (sneak attack negated if if Enemy Spot check beats Rosetta's Hide check)
Critical: [roll4] if attack is natural 20

Debatra
2015-05-09, 11:19 PM
The Elf goes down. The Clothed Human picks up his dropped weapon. He then 5' steps towards the prone Dwarf and attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1]

DoctorFaust
2015-05-10, 12:22 AM
Del rolls out of the way of the spear, and uses the momentum to bring himself to his feet. Though a second attacker comes up behind him and connects, with a roar of "Come on, ya goit! Wahaha~!" he renews his assault on the armored man.

Move action to stand, provokes AoO. Activating Fighting Challenge(swift action) and Shield Block(doesn't require an action) on the human. Standard action to attack.
[roll0]
[roll]1d10+3

manwithaplan
2015-05-10, 12:27 AM
Shandri's target went down before she could take them out. Ugh.

She dashed in once more, moving up on Del and his two attackers in an attempt to take one of them down.

I'm going to move in and get Flanking against the Clothed Human before making another Dagger attack. This is not how I imagined my Wizard would be fighting. :smallbiggrin:

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

JDL
2015-05-10, 12:45 AM
"Ha hah!" laughs Rosetta as the Elf takes an arrow through the back of the neck, the point erupting out of his sternum as he gurgles a wet scream before slumping to the ground dead. "How's it feel to take eight inches down the throat? Anyone else want some?"

Debatra
2015-05-10, 12:49 AM
Attacks of Opportunity

Unarmored
[roll0]
[roll1]

Armored
[roll2]
[roll3]

Del misses, Shandri hits if those AoOs don't take Del and the flanking bonus out, Laenia's up.

GameSpawn
2015-05-10, 09:45 PM
Laenia spares a glance for the fallen elf, but only a glance. She steps backwards and strikes at the unarmored human.

I should get a flanking bonus from Shandri too.
Roll: [roll1]

Debatra
2015-05-11, 06:53 PM
Laenia hits the Human while his ally continues to attack Del.

[roll0]
[roll1]

JDL
2015-05-11, 07:33 PM
"Hey horsie! Hey horsie! Kick him in the bits! Hahaha!" shouts Rosetta, pointing at the unarmored human. She plucks an arrow from her quiver and shoots at him too.

Move Action: Handle Animal vs. DC 10 to command Light Horse to Attack the Unarmored Human
Handle Animal: [roll0]
Standard Action: Ranged Attack vs. Unarmored Human within 30 ft. (Point Blank Shot applied)
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Critical: [roll3] if attack is natural 20
Bonus: [roll4] critical damage

Debatra
2015-05-11, 07:56 PM
The arrow hits while Del's horse just stands there. The clothed Human takes another swing at the dwarf before 5' stepping southwest out of the flank.

[roll0]
[roll1]

DoctorFaust
2015-05-11, 08:47 PM
"Ach, good idea!"Del calls as he swings at the human facing him, and then clucks at the horse. "Hey, Rashers, kick 'is teeth in!"

Move action to use Handle Animal to get the horse to attack:
HA:[roll0]
Horse's attack (BAB+STR):[roll1]
[roll2]

Standard to attack armored human.
[roll3]
[roll4]

manwithaplan
2015-05-13, 02:22 AM
Shandri follows the unarmored human toward Laenia, keeping up their advantageous positioning before attacking again.

Stepping after them, back into the flank. No escape!

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Debatra
2015-05-13, 06:28 PM
The horse hits twice, but fails to confirm. Del hits, but Shandri misses.

Laenia.

GameSpawn
2015-05-13, 08:33 PM
Laenia backs up and thrusts her spear at the unarmored human again.

Debatra
2015-05-16, 09:41 PM
Laenia misses, and I need two Handle Animal checks from Del. Both get a +2 circumstance bonus.

I'll explain shortly.

Debatra
2015-05-16, 10:16 PM
The armored Human attempts to calm down Del's horse, but fails. He then 5' steps to the northwest.

JDL
2015-05-17, 08:45 PM
"If we kill them, we get to keep their stuff! Get 'em!" shouts Rosetta, loosing another arrow, this time at the unarmored human before circling around to get a better line to charge if needed.

Standard Action: Ranged Attack vs. Unarmored Human within 30 ft. (Point Blank Shot applied)
Critical: [roll2] if attack is natural 20
Bonus: [roll3] critical damage
Move Action: Move 40 ft. clockwise circling Unarmored Human staying within 30 ft. at all times but more than 20 ft. away, ending movement in a square that does not provide any soft cover penalties to attack rolls

Debatra
2015-05-18, 01:11 AM
And he's down.

JDL
2015-05-18, 01:52 AM
"Yeah, tits down, arse up!" shouts Rosetta as her arrow drops the man unconscious and bleeding on the ground.

DoctorFaust
2015-05-20, 06:55 AM
Del follows behind the armored human, swinging his axe at him with a roared battlecry of "Fer Karid!".

[roll0]
[roll1]

manwithaplan
2015-05-21, 02:17 AM
Shandri continued to follow after the combat, dashing towards and around Del to get in a position where she could attack the Armored Human with her dagger.

Moving until I'm one space to Del's left, then going for that Dagger attack.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Debatra
2015-05-22, 01:09 AM
Hit and a miss. Laenia's turn.

GameSpawn
2015-05-23, 08:51 AM
Laenia side steps, then moves diagonally until she's 10 feet to Del's left. She thrusts her longspear at the armored human.

Moving to two squares left of Del, which I believe lets me flank with his horse. If not, take 2 off of my attack roll.

Debatra
2015-05-23, 12:31 PM
And that's a miss. The Human continues to focus on the horse.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Del, two more Handle Animal checks. Same bonus as last round.

DoctorFaust
2015-05-26, 01:23 PM
Del clucks at his horse as the last human tries to goad it into doing something. "Rashers! Stay, girl."

Sorry for the delay, Debatra. Got crazy busy, and I forgot to check this game.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Debatra
2015-05-27, 02:39 AM
The Human 5' steps north.

Rosetta.

JDL
2015-05-27, 04:11 AM
"HereitcomeshereitcomeshereitcomesohGODIT'SHERE!" says Rosetta, rounding on the armored human and sending another arrow his way.

Move Action: Move 40 ft. clockwise circling Armored Human staying within 30 ft. at all times but more than 20 ft. away, ending movement in a square that does not provide any soft cover penalties to attack rolls
Standard Action: Ranged Attack vs. Armored Human within 30 ft. (Point Blank Shot applied)
Critical: [roll2] if attack is natural 20
Bonus: [roll3] critical damage

Debatra
2015-05-27, 06:21 AM
You actually can't reach a spot that doesn't give soft cover from where you are, so you miss.

Del's up.

DoctorFaust
2015-05-28, 12:23 AM
Del steps after the human, swinging his axe and shouting, "Stop runnin', ya coward! Stand and fight us, like an hon'rable man!"

5' step north, attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Debatra
2015-05-28, 01:44 AM
And he's down.

JDL
2015-05-28, 05:05 AM
"Woo! Time to desecrate some corpses!" says Rosetta as she stows her weapons and loots the corpses.

GameSpawn
2015-05-28, 10:43 PM
Laenia sighs at the bodies around her. Such a pity. "Does anyone require healing?"

DoctorFaust
2015-05-28, 11:27 PM
Del slumps against his horse and groans. "Ah do. And Rosetta, I git why you want their stuff, but do yea have to be so gleeful about desecratin' their corpses?"

GameSpawn
2015-05-30, 01:30 AM
Laenia moves up to Del and places her hand upon his shoulder, "Espiriti vivme. Apalate. That will take a minute to reach its full effect, but you should be restored to near full health."

Casting lessor vigor on Del, which will heal 12 hit points over as many rounds.

Debatra
2015-05-31, 07:29 PM
Oh yeah, and 190xp each.

The nearest body to Rosetta is the Elf. On him, she finds fifty gp, a small blue tourmaline and a scroll. There's also his sword and studded leather armor.

Anyone want to do anything while she's looting?

manwithaplan
2015-06-01, 12:08 AM
Shandri casually looks over to Rosetta as she loots. The woman's right eyebrow went up as she noticed the scroll.

"Is that an arcane work?" She queried. "If so, I could benefit from it."

JDL
2015-06-01, 04:37 AM
"Knock yourself out, it's all gobbledygook to me," says Rosetta with a shrug, tossing over the scroll to Shandri. "Way I see it Del, these lot were fixing to do the same to us. Not my fault that fate chose me to return their karma back on them." Rosetta strips the elf of everything he's wearing until he's stark naked, loading the booty on Del's mount for carrying. "Heh, check out his jewels," she says in an entirely juvenile manner, before revealing the blue tourmaline. Then she moves on to the armored human and strips him too, whistling happily at the grisly work with entirely too much joy. She keeps her eyes and ears open as she works, making sure nobody is nearby to observe.

Taking 10 on Spot & Listen while looting. Taking the gold and jewel, giving the scroll to Shandri, putting the sword and leather armor on Del's horse Rashers. Checking if either the sword or armor are masterwork quality. Once we've got a full account of the loot, Rosetta will suggest splitting all the coin into four equal shares with any leftovers being used as petty cash for miscellaneous party expenses such as inn fees or road taxes. Suggest we appraise the gem later after we finish looting the bodies and hide the corpses. Wouldn't want anyone passing by and accusing us of banditry would we?

manwithaplan
2015-06-01, 04:41 AM
Shandri opened up the scroll and peered over it, reading it through if it was of any interest to her.

Debatra
2015-06-01, 04:53 PM
Shandri fails to identify the scroll, though it definitely has some kind of spell.

Both of their swords are masterwork, but not their armor. The formerly-armored Human has 200sp and a small, silver statuette of a Dwarf woman.

JDL
2015-06-01, 05:27 PM
"Big chunk of change on this guy, and a gewgaw too," says Rosetta, moving to strip the third unarmored human of his possessions as she tosses the naked corpse of the armored human next to the elf.

Taking 10 on Spot & Listen while looting the unarmored human. Taking the silver and statue, and can you please let me know what armor and weapon the armored human was carrying? I'm assuming the elf had a longsword as a sword, not a bastard sword, great sword or short sword but if I'm mistaken please let me know. I'll put the armored human's weapon and armor on Rashers as I did with the elf's gear. Also the Elf used Command during combat which would mean he's a spellcaster, but I don't have anything such as a holy symbol or spell component pouch listed. Can I confirm he didn't have anything other than the items you listed?

GameSpawn
2015-06-01, 06:21 PM
Laenia smiles at Rosetta's joke, but goes back to frowning at the bodies. She joins Rosetta in examining the unarmored human, speaking softly, to Rosetta alone, "Not that anyone finds flaw in your actions, but perhaps Del is concerned that if you take too much joy in death, you will seek it out." She shrugs, "If this is his concern, perhaps it is misplaced, and perhaps not. I wouldn't presume to know your mind. We should remember though, that we don't know their stories, just as they most likely didn't know ours."

DoctorFaust
2015-06-01, 06:42 PM
"Nah, I'm not worried that she'll go lookin' fer death," Del says as he hauls himself up off the ground. He goes to slip his axe back into its belt loop, but grimaces, and rubs at his shoulder. "Hah. One of the buggers left a bruise. Hey, Rosetta, could ya check their belt pouches for any letters or the like? I'll help with the loading once I get a few things outta my saddlebags, but I think we should know if they were sent after us in particular, or were just bandits."

JDL
2015-06-01, 07:09 PM
"Hey, I'm an adventurer," says Rosetta, wrinkling her nose as the smell of the dead bodies voiding their bowels and bladders wafts up. "I figure I'll probably die screaming as I watch some unspeakable horror eat my guts out of my chest. No sense in getting worked up over it though. If I wanted a nice safe life I'd have taken up in a brothel or some other easy money work. Now, let's see if these had any orders on them," she says, turning out their pockets and checking for letters or other notable items.

GameSpawn
2015-06-01, 07:50 PM
Laenia shrugs, "What I mean is, there's risk in growing too comfortable with using violence to solve your problems. I don't want to lose you, whether to a bandit or a headsman's ax. I'm not saying this life doesn't suit you. Just be careful." She smiles sweetly, and places her hand on Rosetta's shoulder, "We both know you'd never charge enough to make good money in a brothel, though."

JDL
2015-06-01, 08:03 PM
"Reminds me of a story I once heard. A farmer's been out in the woods cutting logs all day and his wagon is loaded with firewood. He's stopped at a roadside tavern for a mug of ale with the wagon out the front when a beautiful woman approaches him. 'I have an offer for you,' she says, eyeing him seductively as she leans close to give him a good view. 'I'm looking to trade sex for firewood.' The farmer leans back, nods his head as he looks her over, and then says: 'How much firewood you got to trade?'"

GameSpawn
2015-06-01, 08:19 PM
Laenia laughs, then looks at the goods Rosetta's taken, "May I see the statue?"

JDL
2015-06-01, 08:40 PM
"Sure thing, looks like someone's idea of art. They did a good job of her beard though. I once went out with a dwarf lass, you know. Poor thing couldn't grow facial hair to save her life. She got so desperate she actually took to shaving her lady bits and sticking it on her chin like a soul patch," says Rosetta, handing the statue to Laenia.

GameSpawn
2015-06-01, 08:49 PM
Laenia smiles at the other woman, accepting the statue, "Desperate times call for desperate measures, I suppose. I hope she had a steady hand." Laenia examines the statue, checking for a maker's mark, but otherwise looking for nothing in particular.

Debatra
2015-06-02, 10:51 AM
Also the Elf used Command during combat which would mean he's a spellcaster, but I don't have anything such as a holy symbol or spell component pouch listed. Can I confirm he didn't have anything other than the items you listed?

Yeah, I goofed. He also has a wooden Holy Symbol of Mask and a Spell Component Pouch.

His armor is also studded leather and I already told you they all had longswords.

---

After a moment's thought, Laenia remembers that women don't have beards. Neither, in fact, does this statue.

JDL
2015-06-02, 06:03 PM
"Oh trust me, she had very skilful hands," says Rosetta, her eyes glazing over with fond memories.

Anything else on the unarmored human? Gold, gems, letters, pocket lint? So far I've just got a masterwork longsword recorded.

GameSpawn
2015-06-02, 08:43 PM
Laenia smiles, noting the statues lack of facial hair, but not commenting on it. Let Rosetta enjoy her memories. "It's pretty; we'll have to check it for magic before we rest. I'm ready to move on when you all are."

Debatra
2015-06-03, 10:12 AM
The last person had 30gp. I assume you're stripping him down as well?

JDL
2015-06-03, 05:40 PM
Rosetta nods. "Before we leave though, we should get rid of the corpses. Don't want anyone finding them and accusing us of murder when we were clearly just defending ourselves. Sorry Del, there's nothing here to say they were working for anyone except themselves."

Rosetta drags the three stripped corpses away to hide them underneath a pile of rocks, leaves and branches in a ditch well off the road, then when she's satisfied they'll remain unseen she rejoins the group.

"By my calculation they were carrying 80 gold pieces, 200 silver pieces and miscellaneous doodads. Here's your shares!" she says, giving Del, Laenia and Shandri each 20 gold pieces and 50 silver pieces, and keeping the same for herself. Then she strikes out again on the road, keeping her eyes and ears open for more trouble.

Taking 10 on Spot and Listen as we travel to the cave to the southeast containing the Dragon Shield. Adding 20 gp, 50 sp, a small blue tourmaline, a wooden holy symbol of Mask and a spell component pouch to my inventory, putting 3 masterwork longswords and two studded leather armor on Rashers the warhorse, giving an unidentified scroll to Shandri, and a statue of a dwarf woman to Laenia.

Debatra
2015-06-03, 06:20 PM
When you're stripping the unarmored Human, you notice that his shirt is a lot heavier than it logically should be.

JDL
2015-06-03, 06:23 PM
"Nifty," says Rosetta, putting the unusually heavy shirt on the horse with the other two sets of armor. "Think we might have a magical item here," she says to the others. "Hopefully we can identify it later."

GameSpawn
2015-06-03, 10:30 PM
Laenia takes the money, placing it, and the statue, in her bags.

DoctorFaust
2015-06-05, 05:18 PM
"Wha, why does a human get ta keep the dwarf?" Del grumbles jokingly, as he dumps the gold into his saddlebags. "And I'm a bit surprised about them bein' on their own. What with how much gold they had, and how good o' weapons, I figured they would've been supplied by someone."

GameSpawn
2015-06-07, 07:58 PM
Laenia smiles at Del, "I will treat this statue with the sincere respect it deserves." she replies, with mock solemnity. "I suspect they're not on their not working on their own, although it's not impossible. More likely, they simply didn't hold on to any evidence of their associations. We'll have to be careful, at least until we finish with the dragon shield."

DoctorFaust
2015-06-11, 06:54 AM
Del heaves a sigh again and nods. "Aye. Not lookin' forwards to feeling like someone's watchin' over our shoulders, but aye, I doubt they're on their own. Might be a good idea to set a watch once we camp for the night."

GameSpawn
2015-06-21, 03:42 PM
Laenia nods, "Agreed." She looks at her other companions, "Shandri? Rosetta? Are you ready to go?"

JDL
2015-06-21, 05:14 PM
"Honey, I'm always ready to go," Rosetta says lasciviously, raising an eyebrow and touching the tip of her tongue to her upper lip in an extremely suggestive way.

Taking 10 on Spot and Listen as we travel to the cave to the southeast containing the Dragon Shield.

manwithaplan
2015-06-23, 04:21 AM
Shandri shook her head in response to Rosetta's flirtatious remark and moved onwards, placing the new scroll into her backpack.

GameSpawn
2015-06-23, 05:56 PM
Laenia laughs quietly at Rosetta's comment. When the group sets off down the road again, she keeps an eye and ear out for trouble.

Taking 10 on spot and listen, for scores of 22 and 21 respectively.

Debatra
2015-06-24, 10:47 AM
The rest of the journey passes without incident. About half an hour after leaving the trail behind, you come across what is most likely the cave you're looking for. A Halfling woman lies in front of the entrance, off to the side.

DoctorFaust
2015-06-24, 10:53 AM
Del swings off his horse without a word, and hurries over to the halfling woman with his axe and shield drawn. "Hey," he calls as he approaches her. "Ya alive ov'r there?"

Debatra
2015-06-24, 02:05 PM
There is no response. It appears she is not.

JDL
2015-06-24, 05:25 PM
"Think I remember that one from back in town," says Rosetta, walking over to check the corpse's pockets for loose change. "Down near the fountain before we had that run-in with the guard that was so eager to whip out his steel prick. I recall thinking she had a nice ass. Looks like somebody else did her first though."

Rosetta draws her bow, sneaking towards the cave and keeping her eyes and ears open for trouble.

Searching corpse for loot, then taking 10 on Hide, Move Silently, Spot and Listen while advancing towards the inside of the cave. If it becomes too dark to see, she'll simply charge in without stealthing after lighting her hooded lantern.

Debatra
2015-06-24, 06:46 PM
You may think so, but none of you have ever seen this person before. Her pockets are empty.

manwithaplan
2015-06-24, 06:59 PM
"Rosetta, just because you've seen two halfling women in one day does not mean they are the same person. In fact, I would wager that this is somebody else entirely."

Shandri shook her head as she looked over what seemed to be a corpse. With one hand she withdrew a magical wand from within her robe, while the other hand formed into several quick gestures of an arcane nature. The others wouldn't notice, but a magical force field of protection was forming around her, shielding her from whatever trouble they found in the cave beyond. While this occurred, she inspected the body for both signs of life and also anything that could imply a cause of death. Scratches, marks, anything - it would be strange to find a completely unharmed corpse.

Standard Action: Casting Mage Armor.

GameSpawn
2015-06-24, 09:01 PM
Laenia does not focus overly long on the corpse, "Poor woman. Rosetta and I had heard of a halfling woman heading in this direction. Perhaps this was her."

Laenia draws her bow and approaches the cave entrance, scanning for any signs of danger inside.

Taking 10 on a spot check for a total of 22. Staying more than 5 feet from the entrance (so Rosetta can sneak past without going through my square).

DoctorFaust
2015-06-28, 12:45 PM
Del likewise readies himself for a fight and approaches the cave entrance.

Spot:[roll0]
Also staying about 5 feet from the cave entrance, on the opposite side from Laenia.

EDIT: I think I can tell there's a cave, but I'm not entirely sure.

Debatra
2015-06-28, 08:30 PM
Okay, so Rosetta lights up and runs in. When she's about fifteen feet in, she hears a faint... scratching? Some small noise above her. If she cares to look, she'll see a gray, tentacled mass fall from above.

Those still outside just see a small gray mass land on Rosetta. All four of you are Surprised.

The thing lashes out at Rosetta with a tentacle as it falls. Whether it hits or not, it will cry out in a language none of you understand.

[roll0]
[roll1] bludgeoning

Initiative

Del: [roll2]
Laenia: [roll3]
Rosetta: [roll4]
Shandri: [roll5]

Debatra
2015-06-28, 08:36 PM
Okay, so it doesn't land "on" Rosetta as much as "face-plants in front of her". Unfortunately, those were some awful initiative rolls so it gets its turn already. Two more tentacle attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1] bludgeoning

[roll2]
[roll3] bludgeoning

Debatra
2015-06-28, 08:42 PM
As it hits, it tries to latch on to her. (Improved Grab)

[roll0]

JDL
2015-06-28, 09:31 PM
"Gah, it's got tentacles! I already know where it's gonna try sticking them too," says Rosetta, trying to break free of the creature's grapple.

Opposed grapple check: [roll0]

Debatra
2015-06-28, 09:46 PM
Another interesting ability this thing has: while it's successfully grappling something, that something can't speak. (It's fluffed as holding you by the neck.)

So Rosetta's up.

JDL
2015-06-28, 10:10 PM
Rosetta pushes and wriggles, attempting to break the creature's hold on her, gagging as a tentacle glistening with ooze thrusts inside her mouth.

Free Action: Declare Dodge bonus vs. enemy grappling me
Standard Action: Escape Artist check vs. Opponent's grapple check to escape from grapple
Escape Artist: [roll0]
Opponent's Opposed Check: [roll1] (rolled with same modifiers you used to save time)

JDL
2015-06-28, 10:20 PM
Rosetta successfully breaks free of the creature's hold, taking the moment to shout a caution to her companions. "Careful! I hear another one up in the shadows near the entrance!" she says, stopping to spit something vile tasting from her mouth before she darts back away from the creature.

Free Action: Speak
Move Action: Tumble away from creature 40 ft. at full speed towards cave entrance (-10 penalty to Tumble applied)
Tumble: [roll0] vs DC 15 (failure provokes Attack of Opportunity vs. Rosetta's AC 23 with Dodge and Mobility applied)

Debatra
2015-06-28, 10:30 PM
AoO

[roll0]
[roll1]

Improved Grab if it hits:

[roll2]

EDIT: Del's turn.

DoctorFaust
2015-06-28, 11:04 PM
"Damnit, Rosetta, you're our bloody archer! Don' go runnin' ahead like that!" Del readies his shield in front of him, and then wades into the fight with a cry of, "Come on if you think you're hard enough!"

Declaring my Knight's Challenge against the thing, but it only works if it has an INT of 5 or higher. Also declaring my Shield Defense against it, so my AC is now 20 when attacked by it.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
EDIT:Hells ****ing bells. Let's hope these first few rolls aren't indicative of how the rest of this fight is going to go.

Debatra
2015-06-29, 03:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qI6JyoE.jpg

Shandri and the Halfling corpse are at H-4. Laenia only specified "more than 5 feet from the entrance". Rosetta is either at F-0 or G-0 (your choice). Del is at F-7, fighting the creature that's in F-8.

Down to the yellow line is well-lit from the light outside. Down to the black is shadowy illumination. Past the black is darkness.

Laenia's turn.

GameSpawn
2015-06-29, 05:15 PM
Laenia's heart leaps into her throat when she sees Rosetta attacked by the monster. Throwing caution to the wind, she charges forward, dropping her bow in favor of her longspear, and thrusting it at the beast.

I'm counting myself as starting at G3 (about where I meant to start, and it would have made sense for me to stand next to Del), and I'm moving to G6.

Debatra
2015-06-30, 06:59 PM
As Laenia enters the cave, the creature gestures sharply with a tentacle. At G6, another of the beasts falls upon her.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Improved Grab if it hits

[roll2]

If you aren't grappled, you get an AoO. If you are, take [roll3] from Constrict.

Either way, you still have a Standard Action.

GameSpawn
2015-06-30, 07:10 PM
Laenia winces as the creature hits her, but dodges it's clumsy attempt to grab her, and stabs it with her spear. She then reaches past it to stab the other creature.

We're both in G6, right? Also, am I correct in guessing this is bludgeoning damage?

AoO: [roll0]
Normal Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

manwithaplan
2015-06-30, 08:52 PM
Shandri analysed the combat as it began before dashing along the entrance of the cave to keep an eye on Laenia's struggle. She pointed the wand over at the beast she was struggling with and channelled a light pulse of arcane energy through her arm, sending a blast of force towards it.

Move Action: Move to E4
Standard Action: Activate Wand of Magic Missile on the Creature in H6
Damage [roll0]

JDL
2015-07-01, 12:27 AM
Rosetta frowns as Shandri takes the position she wanted, but shrugs it off and shouts to the others inside. "Del, Laenia! Step to the side to give me a clear shot!" She moves to the other side of the cave entrance and tries to hide while she waits for her opening.

Move Action: Move 20 ft. to H4 at half speed, attempt Hide check vs. enemy
Hide: [roll0] vs. enemy 1's Spot check (-5 to Spot if enemy is distracted, -2 to Spot for 25 ft. distance)
Standard Action: Readied Action to make a ranged attack vs. enemy if attack will not suffer soft cover penalty
Attack: [roll1] (Point Blank Shot applied)
Damage: [roll2] (Point Blank Shot applied) and [roll3] Sneak Attack if Hide check beats enemy's Spot

DoctorFaust
2015-07-01, 11:27 AM
Del nods at Rosetta's call and shuffles a few feet to the right, making sure to keep his shield between himself and the thing. "The thing's don' seem to be tha' intelligent, so lets not go with any fancy tactics for now. Just bash 'em till they die."

5-foot step to E7, and then attacking.

Debatra
2015-07-01, 12:21 PM
Well, ouch. Also, they aren't oozes. I guess you'd have a better look at them now than you would if one fell onto you from the cave ceiling, so here:

http://i.imgur.com/x78u0aS.jpg

The monster at H6 attempts to Bull Rush Laenia into F6. This would normally provoke an AoO, but she's using a Reach weapon.

[roll0]

Debatra
2015-07-02, 09:14 AM
Laenia is pushed back. When it's struck by the arrow, the creature turns its attention to Rosetta. it moves to G4 and attacks.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Improved Grab: [roll2]
Rosetta's Grapple: [roll3]

Constrict: [roll4]

However that goes, the other one will attack Del once, then head south into the shadows (provoking an AoO from him).

[roll5]
[roll6]

DoctorFaust
2015-07-02, 11:36 AM
Del blocks the blow easily, and attacks it in return when it tries to retreat.

AoO:[roll0]

Charge to G-13, and then attacking
Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

EDIT: Gods be thrice damned.

Debatra
2015-07-02, 02:09 PM
Gonna roll this one before fluffing it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Doctor, an opposed Grapple check if you're hit please.
[roll2]

EDIT: Wait, no. It's Laenia's turn, not Del's.

GameSpawn
2015-07-02, 08:30 PM
As noted in the OoC thread, my understanding is that I should get an AoO against the one running away from Del. If not, ignore these rolls:

Concerned, Laenia continues to attack the creature that moved to attack Rosetta.

Attacking the one in G4 from F6.

Attack: [roll2]

manwithaplan
2015-07-02, 10:29 PM
"I disagree with your hypothesis," Shandri called out to Del as she watched the creature she was attacking push Laenia into Rosetta's line of sight, blocking her shot to Del's opponent. Clever.

"Did you see that manoeuvre? They're very cunning about their positioning, so don't underestimate their intelligence in oth-" her advice was cut short as one of the creatures lumbered out from the cave entrance and struck at Rosetta. The Wizard moved back instinctively before correcting herself, drawing out a weapon and reaching forth with her wand once again.

Free Action: 5-Foot Step into D4.
Move Action: Draw +1 Dagger.
Standard Action: Another Magic Missile against the creature attacking Rosetta in G4. [roll0] damage.

JDL
2015-07-04, 07:44 PM
"Want some more eh? Prepare to get penetrated!" says Rosetta, dodging around the creature to the other side of the cave entrance and loosing an arrow at it.

Free Action: Declare Dodge bonus against enemy 2
Move Action: Move 30 ft. to h6, tumbling to avoid attack of opportunity and hiding at end of movement using Cover.
Tumble: [roll0] (-10 penalty applied due to accelerated tumbling) vs. DC 15 to avoid Attack of Opportunity (failure equals attack vs. Rosetta's AC 23 with Dodge and Mobility)
Hide: [roll1] (-5 penalty applied for moving at greater than one half speed) vs. enemy 2's Spot check
Standard Action: Ranged attack vs. enemy 2
Attack: [roll2] (Point Blank Shot applied)
Damage: [roll3] (Point Blank Shot applied) and [roll4] Sneak Attack if Hide check beats enemy's Spot check
Critical: [roll5] on Natural 20
Bonus: [roll6] critical damage

Debatra
2015-07-04, 10:56 PM
[roll1]

Improved Grab
[roll2]
[roll3]

Constrict: [roll4]

And then it's their turn.

DoctorFaust
2015-07-05, 09:35 AM
Del sets his shield in front of him, and charges with a cry of "Wahahah~!" When he reaches the fleeing creature, he lashes out with his axe, hoping to connect this time.

Charge to E14

Debatra
2015-07-05, 03:20 PM
I'm gonna roll this one before I fluff it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

I need an opposed grapple check from Del. Nevermind. Nothing special happens. You hit.

Debatra
2015-07-16, 01:27 PM
The creature Del hit moves to I-7, managing to do so without provoking an AoO from the Dwarf.

The other one 5' steps to G-5, flanking Rosetta. The first one attacks Rosetta.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Constrict: [roll3]

Waiting for results before continuing.

Debatra
2015-07-16, 01:31 PM
Okay, that's a miss.

The second creature attacks.

[roll0] - This roll is with the flanking bonus added, but also with Cover and Rosetta's Dodge feat subtracted. Use your normal AC.

[roll1]

IG: [roll2]
C: [roll3]

Still not done. Waiting for results again.

Debatra
2015-07-16, 01:39 PM
Another miss, and another attempt.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Debatra
2015-07-16, 01:41 PM
And guess what. The guy gets one more.

I swear WotC came up with these things. They aren't anyone's homebrew.

[roll0]
[roll1]

JDL
2015-07-17, 01:43 AM
Rosetta sneers at the creatures and their pitiful attempts to attack her, giving a wink and blowing a kiss at them as she slaps her shapely ass when she ducks under their tentacles.

GameSpawn
2015-08-03, 09:50 PM
Concerned for her companions safety, Laenia steps back and strikes at the one in the cave entrance.

5-ft. step to F7, attacking the one in G5.

manwithaplan
2015-08-18, 04:21 AM
Staying where she was, Shandri focused energy through her weapon and fired another blast at her target.

Ugh, totally forgot about this. Sorry guys...

Standard Action: Pew pew, moar missiles at the one in G5. Damage [roll0]

Debatra
2015-08-18, 09:17 AM
And it goes down.

From now on (assuming I remember), I'm going to have the turn order of the current encounter in the OP of the OOC thread so I don't have to keep looking for it. Del's up.

DoctorFaust
2015-09-03, 07:27 PM
Del whips around when the monster gets around him, and sets off in pursuit, hoping to intercept it before it gets close enough to attack any of his companions. Unfortunately, his armor and his own natural slowness seem to be doing everything they can to stop that plan from coming to fruition.

Using both actions to move to G8, since neither a run or a charge will actually get me close enough to attack any of the enemies. Too far away to do anything else.

JDL
2015-09-08, 02:51 AM
"See ya later, hope you've got some loot!" Rosetta says as tumbles away from the surviving creature, moving to put some distance between herself and the tentacled monstrosity before shooting off an arrow.

Free Action: Declare Dodge bonus against enemy in i7
Move Action: Move 10 ft. to g5, tumbling to avoid attack of opportunity and hiding at end of movement using Cover.
Tumble: [roll0] vs. DC 15 to avoid Attack of Opportunity (failure equals attack vs. Rosetta's AC 23 with Dodge and Mobility)
Hide: [roll1] vs. enemy's Spot check
Standard Action: Ranged attack vs. enemy
Attack: [roll2] (Point Blank Shot applied) vs. enemy's flat-footed AC if Hide check beats enemy's Spot check
Damage: [roll3] (Point Blank Shot applied) and [roll4] Sneak Attack if Hide check beats enemy's Spot check
Critical: [roll5] on Natural 20
Bonus: [roll6] critical damage

Debatra
2015-09-10, 10:06 PM
AoO:
Damage: [roll[1d3+3

Improved Grab: [roll1]
Rosetta's Grapple: [roll2]

Debatra
2015-09-10, 10:46 PM
The creature misses, and Rosetta hits. The beast moves to G-6, provoking an Attack of Opportunity from Lania. Assuming that doesn't put it down, it will attack Rosetta.

[roll0]
[roll1]

RG: [roll3]
[roll4]

Debatra
2015-09-10, 10:48 PM
It tries again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll4]

Debatra
2015-09-10, 10:49 PM
And once more.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll4]

EDIT: How many HP did Rosetta have left again? I can't actually access Myth-Weavers right now to check.

If she's unconcious, the creature will release her as a free action. If she's still up, you're grappling.

GameSpawn
2015-09-11, 02:42 PM
"Stay away from her!" Laenia thrusts her spear at the foul creature as it moves to attack her friend.

AoO Attack: [roll0]

According to Rosetta's sheet at the moment, she has 7 HP left. Am I correct in believing that she took 10 damage after that and is now unconscious? If I'm wrong, ignore the following:

Laenia cries out when Rosetta's body drops and furiously thrusts her spear at the creature once more, "If she dies, I'll tear you to pieces!"

Attack: [roll2]

Edited in, but legitimately a response to missing twice: As Laenia's attacks misses, she realizes she must remain careful; she can still save Rosetta, if they can drop the beast. She shuffles backwards, next to Del (5 foot step to F8).

manwithaplan
2015-09-12, 04:21 AM
Shandri moved away from the cave entrance, but also across so she could see the interior. Spotting her target, she nodded and channelled another blast of energy through her weapon of choice.

Move: Walk to G2.
Standard: Pew Pew! [roll0] Damage on the monster.

DoctorFaust
2015-09-14, 10:49 AM
When he sees Rosetta go down, Del roars wordlessly, and charges the beast with his axe held high, slashing down at it once he gets close enough.

Charge from G8 to G6. +2 to attack, -2 to AC.

Made my rolls in the OOC thread.

Debatra
2015-09-14, 11:49 AM
The creature lashes out with a tentacle as Del rushes toward it, attempting to halt his attack.

If it misses or fails to Grapple, you hit. Rosetta rolled for stabilization already, so the creature's turn will come after this is resolved.

Debatra
2015-09-14, 01:02 PM
The limb bounces harmlessly off the Dwarf's armor, and his axe bites deep into its flesh.

The creature climbs the cave mouth, over Rosetta (essentially making a diagonal 5' step to G-4, 5' up with its Climb speed) and attacks Shandri.

Debatra
2015-09-14, 01:04 PM
It tries again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Debatra
2015-09-14, 07:13 PM
Securing it's hold on Shandri, the creature pulls itself towards her and does its best to crush her throat. Noticing that she's fallen unconscious; the gray beast drops her to the ground, turns to its remaining foes and lets out a guttural roar.

And it's Lania's turn.

GameSpawn
2015-09-15, 04:39 PM
Unsure of the beast's remaining strength, Laenia decides she can't risk her companions dying. She moves up next to Rosetta's unconscious body, and drawing upon her reserve of magical strength, leans down, speaks the words of power and touches Rosetta tenderly on the shoulder, infusing her with divine magic.

Moving to F5, casting Lessor Vigor and using Sudden Extend to heal Rosetta for 1 point per round for the next 24 rounds.

Debatra
2015-09-15, 09:16 PM
Okay then. Shandri gets to roll for stabilization, and it's Del's turn.

manwithaplan
2015-09-15, 09:35 PM
Welp.

Stable on 10: [roll0]

DoctorFaust
2015-09-16, 05:35 AM
"No, ya bastard!" Del shouts. "No' this time!" Once again, he sets his shield in front of him and sprints at the monster, now exposed in the light of day, chopping at its side.

Charge to G3, assuming that there's nothing in the way.

Debatra
2015-09-16, 11:30 AM

Debatra
2015-09-24, 10:46 PM
The creature attempts to strangle Del.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Two more opposed rolls from the good Doctor, and Laenia's up.

GameSpawn
2015-09-25, 01:56 PM
Laenia glances at Shandri's unconscious body, Sorry. I need to take this chance. Laenia circles around and thrusts her spear at the monster, hoping to catch it off balance as it grappled with Del.

Just to check my understanding of the current situation, Del and the monster are grappling in G3, so I can attack into there without any problem (and even have it be denied it's Dex bonus, and not worry about AoO :smallsmile:). So I'm walking to E2 before attacking. If I'm wrong about any of this, let me know, and I'll update my movement as appropriate.

Debatra
2015-09-26, 01:27 AM
Your blow bounces off of Del's armor, and into the beast's face. It's down.

300 XP each.

GameSpawn
2015-09-26, 04:28 AM
Laenia pulls her spear out of the creature's face with a sigh of relief, then rushes to Shandri's side. Channeling the last of her most powerful magic, she rests her hand on the wizard's head, "Tesiapi. Colleapae. Vivatis.".

Laenia turns to Del, "They'll be awake soon; this magic takes some time to work. Do you require healing as well? I can use a wand, but most of my magic is done for the day."

Casting Lessor Vigor on Shandri, so she'll heal 12 HP over 12 rounds.

DoctorFaust
2015-09-26, 04:52 PM
"Eh, Ah suppose Ah could use some healing," Del says, flexing his back experimentally. "Ah don' think they got me tha' badly, but it's definit'ly harder ta breathe than it should be. Save it for those two if it's anythin' major, though."

GameSpawn
2015-09-27, 04:06 AM
Laenia deliberates for a moment, "I believe the healing I've already bestowed on Shandri and Rosetta should heal their wounds. This wand won't last forever, but I'd rather not take risks with your health. If we're about to go into that cave, I'd just as soon use it." Laenia pulls out the aforementioned wand.

manwithaplan
2015-10-16, 11:09 PM
"Yes, we-" Shandri's speech was cut off as she suddenly released a spluttering cough. A few drops of blood landed on the ground at her feet.

"...We should be fine. The magic has almost finished taking effect, and I still have some power of my own ready to use. I suggest that we move forward attempting to mask our presence. If we come across a number of opponents who are not aware of us, I could use my Sleep spell to eliminate several of them at once."

GameSpawn
2015-10-22, 02:48 PM
"Careful." Laenia moves to steady Shandri when she coughs. "Let's get going, then. Del, would you lead the way?"