PDA

View Full Version : Otacon vs Navi

Deepblue706
2007-04-08, 01:49 PM
Okay, so we have Otacon, everyone's favorite nerd from Metal Gear Solid, and Navi, that really stupid annoying faerie from The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. Who do you think would win, and why?

Alex Kidd
2007-04-08, 01:54 PM
It's OTA CON. Otaku Con.

Versus a floating blue fairy girl.

An otaku in the presecence of a magical girl. Otacon's gonna abase himself soon as Navi says anything.

Plus we all know Otacon's thing for older women am I right?

Navi wins.

BTW I do like Otacon more.

Dragor
2007-04-08, 02:57 PM
I think Navi's "HEY! LISTEN!" ear destruction maneuver could destroy people, nay, worlds.

Legendary
2007-04-08, 03:01 PM
Navi is capable of destroying anything except the already insane Kefka.

Vonriel
2007-04-08, 04:08 PM
No, Navi is capably of driving anything to destroy itself except for the already insane Kefka. Kefka would blow up the planet trying to blow up that fairy. There's a difference :smallwink:

Legendary
2007-04-08, 04:24 PM
Point well taken.

averagejoe
2007-04-08, 04:50 PM
You know, I never thought Navi was annoying. I suppose I'm the only one, though.

She'd win, though, just by virtue of the fact that she's unkillable. All she needs to do is wait.

EvilElitest
2007-04-08, 05:29 PM
You know, I never thought Navi was annoying. I suppose I'm the only one, though.

She'd win, though, just by virtue of the fact that she's unkillable. All she needs to do is wait.

You must have hte patience of a saint
from,
EE

averagejoe
2007-04-08, 07:02 PM
You must have hte patience of a saint
from,
EE

That's arguably true, actually. I did play through most of Hybrid Heaven. (Most. Repetative. Game.) And I actually enjoyed Ogre Battle 64 for the reasons that most people who hated it hated it. Heck, I've even been known to not shout at that stupid owl guy once or twice.

I never though of Navi as more than background noise, though. It never even occured to me that I should be annoyed by her. Heck, I got rather attached to the little rascal. Constant companion and all that.

Catch
2007-04-08, 07:07 PM
I never though of Navi as more than background noise, though. It never even occured to me that I should be annoyed by her. Heck, I got rather attached to the little rascal. Constant companion and all that.

Mhmm. As I recall, she only got preachy when you were off somewhere you shouldn't have been (or kept trying to open doors without a key). At least she had good info on enemies and was relatively helpful.

Not like Tatl. Condescending little brat-fairy. Given the opportunity, I woulda stuffed 'er in a bottle and sent it out to sea.

SITB
2007-04-08, 07:10 PM
I whole heartedly support all of Catch's post with the single exception of inflicting a more dire punishment on her.

Why, oh why didn't Tael join you instead of Tatl?

Legendary
2007-04-08, 07:21 PM
Actually, the only time Navi bugged me was in the Great Deku Tree. "Open a door with 'A'"

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-08, 08:07 PM
At least Otacon shuts up and does something useful. At the end of each game, and only after a lot of whining, but still better than Navi, so he wins the opinion poll.

In a fight?

It's OTA CON. Otaku Con.

Versus a floating blue fairy girl.

An otaku in the presecence of a magical girl. Otacon's gonna abase himself soon as Navi says anything.

Plus we all know Otacon's thing for older women am I right?

Navi wins.

BTW I do like Otacon more.

tsuyoshikentsu
2007-04-08, 10:21 PM
Navi. Even if Otacon creams her, she just gets one of the pink ones to bring her back.

Reptilus
2007-04-08, 11:04 PM
Otacon doesn't fight, he's a pacifist. So, if it was a fight, he'd lose. Because he wouldn't fight back.

Jothki
2007-04-09, 02:25 AM
Otacon could just put Navi in a bottle, then kill himself. Instant victory.

SITB
2007-04-09, 02:40 AM
Navi isn't the "resurrect" type of fairy but rather "utility" type. And if you could have put Navi in a bottle this wouldn't exist. (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=42)

Dragor
2007-04-09, 02:47 AM
Otacon could just put Navi in a bottle, then kill himself. Instant victory.

Wouldn't Otacon be wondering 'what IS this little blue flying thing' anyway? And how would he know the bottle technique? (Unless he was mistaking Navi for a fly.)

Setra
2007-04-09, 07:50 AM
Flyswatter!

Also, I just imagined a conversation between Navi and Kefka.

Navi: Hey listen! Listen Lis.. sten lis, hey?

Kefka: Destroy! Stroy stroy destroy stroy des?

Ps. Think Pokemon

Alex Kidd
2007-04-09, 09:18 AM
Flyswatter!

Also, I just imagined a conversation between Navi and Kefka.

Navi: Hey listen! Listen Lis.. sten lis, hey?

Kefka: Destroy! Stroy stroy destroy stroy des?

Then they had kids. AwwwwwwARRRGH!

PlatinumJester
2007-04-09, 11:55 AM
Otacon we lose because his bouwls collapse in the face of danger plus he is obviously Snake's bitch hence the "snake, SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE" when you die.