PDA

View Full Version : Guessing What do you think the HPoH's character will parody?

CaDzilla
2015-03-01, 08:55 PM
Tarquin is a parody of all the so-called "magnificent bastards", who will be parodied by Durkon Brando?

Keltest
2015-03-01, 09:12 PM
Why does he have to be a parody of anything? Can he not do his own thing?

martianmister
2015-03-01, 09:17 PM
The World of Strawberry Shortcake (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_of_Strawberry_Shortcake)

Jaxzan Proditor
2015-03-01, 09:24 PM
Elan's kind of already used him to reference certain aspects of vampirism in pop culture, so it's possible we'd see more of that. I doubt that would be a big thing with his character, though.

Murk
2015-03-02, 04:32 AM
The HPOH's character will parody Durkon.

He's ridiculing his magnificent accent, his glorious principles, and his majestuous memories, after all.

Bulldog Psion
2015-03-02, 05:34 AM
Yes, he's already a grotesque parody of Durkon. I think some more jokes about vampire tropes are upcoming, but I doubt that he's going to be a parody primarily beyond that.

CaDzilla
2015-03-02, 06:49 PM
Yes, he's already a grotesque parody of Durkon. I think some more jokes about vampire tropes are upcoming, but I doubt that he's going to be a parody primarily beyond that.

Oh yeah, he's more of tool used to explore Durkon's character and make him develop

Zyzzyva
2015-03-02, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah, he's more of tool used to explore Durkon's character and make him develop

Well, and I imagine provide a bunch of plot twists in the book 6 endgame. I'm enjoying counting all the times the surviving OOTS members casually make plans around Durkula's spells helping them. But yes, he's a character, not a parody.

deworde
2015-03-03, 03:56 AM
I'd probably change this to "explore". Tarquin didn't parody the magnificent bastard trope as much as he allowed Rich to explore what it actually means, and how that character would actually be.

I suspect Durkula will investigate some of the ideas behind identity, specifically how memories affect who you are.

MrMercury
2015-03-04, 08:02 AM
I don't know why I think this, but I have a feeling there will be pokes at the psychedelic music of the 60s