PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the rules for a blade bow.

Jgosse
2015-03-01, 10:12 PM
So I remember reading about blade bows some where but I don't remember for the life of me what book. I believe it was something like short bow/sword , long bow/sword, and great bow/sword. is any one familiar with this and if so what book is it in?

Doctor Awkward
2015-03-01, 10:29 PM
Never heard of it.

Closest I can recall is Elvencraft bows in Races of the Wild.
An elvencraft shortbow also functions as a club, and a longbow functions as a quarterstaff.

I mean, if you really need it to be an edged weapon for some reason you could just point to that and ask your DM, "This, but a sword instead."

Forrestfire
2015-03-01, 10:32 PM
I believe there's a bayonet you can put on a bow in Complete Scoundrel. Not entirely sure, though. There's also the Yuan-Ti Serpent Bow, which is a longbow/double-sword of some sort from Secrets of Xen'drik.

Doctor Awkward
2015-03-01, 11:36 PM
I believe there's a bayonet you can put on a bow in Complete Scoundrel. Not entirely sure, though. There's also the Yuan-Ti Serpent Bow, which is a longbow/double-sword of some sort from Secrets of Xen'drik.

Just checked.

pg. 136, it's exactly an Elvencraft Longbow, except it's a double sword instead of a quarterstaff.

Seruvius
2015-03-01, 11:53 PM
Besides the alreayd mentioned elvencraft bow and a bit of DM change there, you can use the Bladed Bow from MIC (p.47). Works as either a +1 heavy crossbow or a +1 battleaxe.

gorfnab
2015-03-02, 12:08 AM
Magic Item Compendium page 61

Swordbow - longsword/longbow
Light - rapier/shortbow
Great - greatsword/composite longbow

Wolfofmibu66
2015-03-02, 12:30 AM
To my knowledge, there was a homebrew "bladebow", which I've seen on the srd, but other than that, the only bladed ranged weapon i can find is the Bladed crossbow in the 3.0 arms and equipment guide.

http://chet.kindredcircle.org/pdf/DnD3.5Index-Equipment.pdf (This PDF) lists the bladed crossbow, as well as describing it's stats, and the version from the a&e guide(page 100) is as follows:
+2 heavy crossbow, may be used as a +2 melee weapon tht deals 1d8+2 damage (crit modifier x2) unless the wielder takes exotic weapon proficiency (bladed crossbow) all melee attacks are at -4 penalty.
EDIT: nevermind

Jgosse
2015-03-02, 01:25 PM

Light - rapier/shortbow

That's it.thank you.

atemu1234
2015-03-02, 02:16 PM

Light - rapier/shortbow

This is fun. My next Ranger // Warblade will be, at any rate.