PDA

View Full Version : Looking for figures...

Were-Sandwich
2007-04-08, 02:30 PM
I'm looking for a range of figures that look like the Halo marines. I want to do a diorama of a scene from Red vs Blue, but can't find any suitable models, and don't have the skill to sculpt my own.

1337_master
2007-04-08, 09:34 PM
Look up "Halo CS" on google, they have some sprites.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-08, 09:44 PM
i think he means real figures...

Sornas
2007-04-09, 01:11 AM
Well, I can't think of much in the way of minis (If that's what you mean), but they DO sell Halo action figures, which could work fairly well, I would think...

Were-Sandwich
2007-04-09, 06:59 AM
Yes, I did mean minis. I don't think the action figures would work, as I want to convert and paint them. I haven't decided specifically what to do yet, but I think I might do the scene where Church checks if Tex is out of ammo.

Larrin
2007-04-10, 07:20 AM
Do you mean Spartans or marines? Red vs Blue doens't have any regular marines in it....

all in all i think find marines would be easier to find than multi-colored spartans needed for a RvB scene... (any number of war games have ones like it)... if you're going for the spartans (and i think you probably are) Warhammer 40k is my first hunch of a possible place to find something close..look for through space marines or even the Tau....

and if you're looking for good scenes i would vote for when the blues surrender.....and Grif announces that he sucks....and that he's a girl....and he likes to wear ribbons in his hair....and he wants to kiss all the boys.....

DeathQuaker
2007-04-10, 11:18 AM
The old school WH40K Imperial Guard Storm Troopers might serve well:

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?WCI=Menu&WCE=Search&Query=storm+AND+trooper&System=

Any of the helmeted ones should do, or would convert easily.

CaptainSam
2007-04-11, 07:14 PM
Here you go (http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/dalteth_wh40k/)

Couldn't find any official ones. Looks like you'll have to do it yourself with minis and putty.

Good luck!

[edit]As DeathQuaker suggested, looks like he used the IG figures and some heavy sculpting.

tgva8889
2007-04-11, 08:17 PM
Someone made lego Master Chief figures somewhere...

Yeah, can't help you much, sorry. The lego guys would be hilarious, though.

Were-Sandwich
2007-04-12, 05:02 AM
Alas, I have the sculpting tools of a crippled monkey. I think I'll make do with some Karksin with weapon swaps, or maybe VASA marines form Urban Mammoth.