PDA

View Full Version : Noob question for a noobie

okyn
2015-03-02, 03:09 AM
Hi guys. I'm new to d&d and made a monk. I wanted to know if you add the damage modifier to the 2nd attack when using a bonus action. example: I attack a monster with my short sword, then i take my bonus action to attack a 2nd time using my fist. Would i add damage to both attacks or just the first?

calebrus
2015-03-02, 03:21 AM
Hi guys. I'm new to d&d and made a monk. I wanted to know if you add the damage modifier to the 2nd attack when using a bonus action. example: I attack a monster with my short sword, then i take my bonus action to attack a 2nd time using my fist. Would i add damage to both attacks or just the first?

You add it.
The TWF restriction on adding mod to damage is because the classes are actually balanced in this edition, and anyone can simply grab two weapons now to TWF. So not inherently getting mod to damage while TWFing is a balancing factor.

Class features were balanced with the mod to damage in mind, so things like Martial Arts and Frenzy keep mod to damage.
Same holds true for a bonus attack from pretty much any other source you can think of. The restriction on TWFing *not* getting mod to damage is the only time that this restriction exists (again, because anyone can TWF right out of the box).

okyn
2015-03-02, 10:27 AM
thank you very much!