PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire's Flame: Part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

niks97cobra
2015-03-02, 03:40 AM
The 27th of the Month of Change, 125 N.R.
Your first couple of days in town are spent relaxing, shopping, drinking, or whatever else your heart desires. Spitfire quickly changes the theme of the local midfest to be in your honor. Saviors of the jungle people, she calls you. The three of you quickly become local celebrities. The festival is three days of merriment and joy. Games of sword play, musicals, theatre, jousting, polo, and all other forms of contest fill up the mid month's festival. However, the fun only lasts so long.

On this morning, you have been asked to Spitfire's meeting hall. Time to get back to business. Joining the surviving three, is a gnome wizard, who sports the cloak of the Flame. You've seen the gnome around (and vice versa), but this is the first chance to speak.

"You have had your day to shine, now it is my time. I have many ambassadors arriving in the next day or two from the tribes in the jungles. I will be attending the Pickled Pigs Feet Festival in Padonthia City, with those ambassadors. I intend to take a gift of Collura wine*. The last bottles are in the cellars of the Collura estate. Empty those cellars for me."

The dragon looks around, awaiting the onslaught of questions, after being short, and to the point as she always is.

* Collura Wine: Anyone that has spent any reasonable amount of time in the area will have heard of Collura wine. Collura wine comes from a vineyard of the same name. The vineyard fell during the cataclysm, eventually over run by all kinds of creatures throughout the years. The vineyard is about a single day ride from Hot Springs.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 11:14 AM
Collura wine? That would be difficult to get. And Spitfire only intended it to be a simple gift. While Blightmist could understand going out of your way to be kind to the tribes of the jungle after the devastation they'd caused, he wasn't sure they would appreciate the gift for anything but it's quality. If all they wanted was an item of great quality there were other beverages they could obtain.

"Lady Spitfire, does this wine have some significance to the tribes that are arriving?" the arcanni asked as he kneeled respectfully before the dragon. "If not wouldn't it be better to get a high quality of wine that is easier to obtain? I could even make up the difference by cutting some recreational herbs. They're delivered by smoke rather than by wine, but I'm sure they would appreciate it."

redfeline
2015-03-02, 12:33 PM
Luna loosens her new sword in her new sheath. Luna considers answering Blights question, slightly worried he was about to remove the assignment and the pay along with it. In the end she chose against it, Spitfire is usually adamant in her decisions.

Foodle
2015-03-02, 03:39 PM
Drask - 55/55hp - 17AC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=16516)

"Were there any other wine cellars they might have kept?" the bronze dragonborn inquires. "That estate was quite famous, a likely target for looters or a crew hired by a wealthy businessmen. The task sounds simple enough, but the main building might be empty," he explains.

niks97cobra
2015-03-02, 06:56 PM
"The wine is not for the tribesman. The wine is for the senators. They will not be impressed with your foreign herbs. Collura wine is the finest, rarest wine there is. None have been made since before the cataclysm. If there is no wine in the cellars, hopefully you can find some ledgers saying where they may have stored more. Either way, checking out the estate will be the best starting place. You faced and survived the jungles, and now you are scared of an old, run down estate with some squatters in it?"

She gives you all the same disappointing, angry look she gave Dariel right before she lit him up.

Foodle
2015-03-02, 08:03 PM

"Of course not my Lady," Drask says puffing out his chest and looking around at the others as if they must be the ones she's talking about. "I merely concerned about the time frame, the festival is how many days away now? Anyway, we shall do as you command. When will you be heading to Padonthia? If we have no luck in the manor itself and have to go in search of other places and take too long should we bring the barrels directly to the city, or back here?"

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 08:47 PM
"From my experience those who smoke the herbs I speak of are very easily impressed by anything afterwards," Blightmist quips. "None the less that eases my one concern. If you believe this wine in particular is needed, then we shall seek it out. Let not the fruit of our labors be wasted."

redfeline
2015-03-03, 12:55 AM
Luna lets the blade fall back into the sheath and then flicks it loose with her thumb once more. I will need to grab my pack. Has every one else kept their gear in ready condition?

niks97cobra
2015-03-04, 12:05 AM
"I leave for Padonthia in seven days. That should give you plenty of time retrieve the wine," she says sharply.

r2d2go
2015-03-04, 12:44 AM
The gnomish wizard mostly listens to the conversation, and when it seems concluded, steps out and bows to both the Lady and the party, introducing himself. "Greetings, allies. I am Zander Kol, Conjurer, and will be joining you." His deep blue eyes seem to twinkle as he smiles and walks to join the party.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 01:20 AM
"Greetings brother gnome. We'll be happy to have you as our companion," Blightmist greets. "Speaking of which, I for one am always prepared to head out, and I believe we've tried our host's patience enough now. Let's away."

Foodle
2015-03-04, 03:16 AM

Drask smiles in greeting to the gnome and reaches out to clasp his small hand in his huge scaled one and give it a firm shake. "I'm Drask, i've seen some of your handiwork. It'll be good to have you along. But come come, you all haven't seen Silverstep yet," he says excitedly as he hurries from the room and towards the stables.

There, waiting for him, is a massive warhorse. A thick black mane flows down it's neck, covered in layer of chainmail barding a glossy black coat pokes through in the exposed places except below it's knees where the hair changes to an impossibly clean white that gives the horse it's name. Shaking it's head in greeting and letting out a whinny, it walks over to nuzzle at Drask's shoulder. "Everyone, this is Silverstep. Silverstep, everyone."

So Silverstep is intelligent i think. (it can understand common)
It's loyal to Drask and isn't in fact a horse, but a celestial in the form of a warhorse.
Drask can comunicate with it telepathically within 1 mile.

I took max HP based off the warhorses statblock, like we'd been doing for our characters too. Let me know if i should change that.

If/when it dies, it vanishes like a familiar and can be re-summoned by casting the spell once more. (up to you Niks if it's saddle, barding etc vanishes and reappears with it or not)

niks97cobra
2015-03-04, 03:42 AM
Spitfire says, "I'm paying you 100 gold per bottle of wine. Make sure you get as many as possible."

Drask, Luna and Blightmist
You hear inside your head, "Never speak of the ring again."

Silverstep
Everything looks good to me.

Marching Order
Determine one, and then we are off.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 10:28 AM
One hundred per bottle of wine? Interesting. Even with their bags of holding it might be better to get a few mules and wagons to pull their load in case they found a large stockpile. Then again what were the odds such reserves existed? They may well be lucky to find just one. He doubted there was much wine on the estate even before it was overrun by monsters.

"Greetings brother horse," Blightmist greets the mount. This was no ordinary horse... Blightmist guessed it would be invaluable member to their party.

Blightmist is pretty tanky, so he'll walk in second behind Drask. Don't want to get in the way of a cavalry charge after all.

r2d2go
2015-03-04, 12:31 PM
Zander nods at the horse. "Regretfully, I am better with smaller animals, but I am sure Silverstep will be a fine addition to our party. On that note, allow me to introduce Bun, my rabbit familiar." A tiny nose pokes out of Zander's hood, sniffing the air, then Bun pushes himself onto Zander's shoulder to take a look at the party.

Zander will go last, as the least-armored and least-durable member of the party :smalltongue:

redfeline
2015-03-04, 03:14 PM
With R2D2's permission I would prefer to be last as long as Drask is in the front. Luna is tanky and should stop an ambush.

Yes he is a fine mount, but as I said before I don't think a horse is the best mount. What if we need to return to the jungle, he can't climb all that vegetation. Same with the evergreen forests of my home land.

Luna eyes the rabbit and the new mage warily. As far as she knew the rabbit could be some enchanted prisoner and those who practice the dark arts are power mad more often than not. Surprisingly she found herself missing Bor, at least she knew she could trust him.

r2d2go
2015-03-04, 03:30 PM
Sure, I'll go second to last.

At Luna's suspicious look, Zander gives a placating smile. "Bun has been my friend since my orchard and woodland days, long before he became my familiar... I have been one of the forest almost longer than a practitioner of the arcane."

Foodle
2015-03-04, 04:32 PM

The horse glances at Blightmist, it's ears pricking forward at his greeting. "He'll be fine, we wont be going back in there anytime soon hopefully," Drask stubbornly brushes off Luna's point not wanting to admit there might be a problem with his new mount.

redfeline
2015-03-04, 05:44 PM
If I remember right we used my bag of holding, I believe I got it back with Igan's death. Marshbloom's bag of holding was eaten by a croc.

Luna adverts her gaze. I'd just assume be off soon. Do you know if the stable master has mounts for us, or do we walk there? I should probably give the gnome a chance but at a distance.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 05:53 PM
"Well I suppose we'll ask. I don't really have enough gold to purchase a mount if they don't provide us with some. That said they did do so last time, so I don't see why this would be any different," the cleric replied, going to check and see if they had mounts reserved with the stablehand.

niks97cobra
2015-03-04, 10:36 PM
"Of course I have a couple of horses and a pony for you," the stable hand says. Though the horses are better than walking, none of them are quite as majestic as Silverstep.

Spitfire has provided you with a pretty accurate map. Heading east, then south, you quickly pass out of civilization, leaving the fields around Hot Springs behind you. This trip is not nearly like the last. You travel through a mostly open savanna around the base of a small mountain peak, The trip takes less than a full days journey. As the sun fades, you reach your destination. You stand at the top of the mountain valley that once held the Collura vineyards.

Collura Vineyards
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Collura%20Vineyards.png

A. The Main Gate- The outer walls of the vineyard are only four feet tall, so stepping over them is easy. There are many places that the wall has crumbled as well.
B. A stand of vines that grew inside the walls.
C. Stables
D. A small cottage.
E. A well.
F. A group of huts, many of which are collapsed.
Chateau: This was the main house of the estate.

r2d2go
2015-03-05, 02:57 AM
Zander looks at the Chateau, then shrugs. "I'll send Rocky ahead, shall I?" If nobody stops him, he conjures small replica earth elementals and tosses them around, checking the area near the walls for traps. "Obviously, it's not actually an elemental... But I once knew a small elemental named, well, "Rocky" doesn't do him justice, but the name stuck."

Foodle
2015-03-05, 03:20 AM

Drask looks over the short fence at the grounds for signs of life or something living there. "Surprised this place has held up so well," he muses aloud.

Looking for clothes drying etc if humans, discarded remains of kills if something else, claw marks on timbers or footprints and generally just trying to get a feel for how run down or well maintained the place is.
Perception: [roll0]
Investigation: [roll1]
Survival: [roll2]

Anubis Dread
2015-03-05, 10:02 AM
"Do we really need to worry about traps?" Blightmist asked concerned. "Surely the monsters that moved in would have set them all off some time ago? Give me some time, I need to pray to determine our best approach."

Kneeling down, Blightmist began to meditate for divine guidance.

Casting Augury as a ritual. The question: "What would happen if we were to simply walk in and storm the main house directly?"

redfeline
2015-03-05, 01:46 PM
Turning to Blight Some beasts set off traps, and some beasts set traps. Luna looks about the area.

[roll0]

niks97cobra
2015-03-05, 04:39 PM
Tossing several Rockys over the wall reveals nothing. Nothing is attracted by the noise. The double doors to the barn are closed, as is the door to the house and the chateau. Most of the buildings have vegetation growing on them. The barn doors are held shut by a beam from the outside. Though old and abandoned, the buildings are in decent repair. The valley here offers much protection from storms. There are a few random bones scattered about. No traps are easily seen.

Blightmist
Woe and Weal

Anubis Dread
2015-03-05, 04:47 PM
"It looks as though if we enter the main house we'll have both good and bad results," Blightmist explained. "Most likely this means getting the wine, but with great risk. Let's enter the estate and explore everywhere but the manor first. If we clear out everything living on the edges then leave to rest, we can return to the main house strong and have a greater chance of survival."

Foodle
2015-03-05, 05:14 PM

"Silverstep can keep watch for anything outside while we head inside and warn us should something be lurking about, we can communicate mind to mind," he says with a smug smile as the warhorse moves forward without his urging and leaps the low fence into the yard. ::Strange that the doors are barred from the outside,:: he thinks to Silverstep. Drask unslings new semi-translucent emerald maul from his back as the horse lands, ready should there be anything lurking about, and they make their way over towards the stables.

Trying to listen for anything in the stables though the barred door.

redfeline
2015-03-05, 06:09 PM
Luna still at the rear of the group picks up on Drask's ques and draws her own new weapon.

r2d2go
2015-03-05, 08:39 PM
Zander follows closely, ready to blast anything. After all, barred from the outside generally means something bad within...

niks97cobra
2015-03-06, 02:24 AM
You can hear nothing behind the doors of the barn. Once up close, you see etched in the door, "Do Not Open!"

Foodle
2015-03-06, 02:52 AM

"Can't hear a thing," Drask reveals moving away from the door and pointing at the writing. "And going by that we should probably leave it alone unless we can't find any wine in the house. Maybe there's a cellar entrance around the back of the manor?"

Anubis Dread
2015-03-06, 10:49 AM
"No," Blightmist replied, placing a hand up in the air to stop them and walking over to the barn door. "As I said I got a result of both Woe and Weal. A possible reason for that result is that some of the creatures out here give us trouble on the way into the mansion or on the way out, and we end up almost dead as a result. We should clear out everything before heading in. What if this door bursts open and we need to deal with whatever is in here on our way back out?"

A little overcautious? Perhaps. But Blightmist trusted Vivicous to guide him as she saw fit. He would not just ignore her warning.

redfeline
2015-03-06, 09:32 PM
Do keep in mind what ever is in there can likely hear us. Shall we see if we can find an opening so it can see us as well? Luna looks about for a window or more likely a crack in the wood. (From her current position.)

niks97cobra
2015-03-07, 03:13 AM
Do keep in mind what ever is in there can likely hear us. Shall we see if we can find an opening so it can see us as well? Luna looks about for a window or more likely a crack in the wood. (From her current position.)

There are no windows. Seeing into the barn is impossible without breaking into it in some way.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-07, 11:27 AM
"Well, we can either ignore the barn entirely and hope whatever is in there never breaks out to menace the local populace, or we can just go in there and take care of it," Blightmist suggests. "Come to think of it if we wipe out all the monsters here we might be able to reclaim the land for the ancestral owners. At the very least we should take out everything that could ambush us on the way back out."

Bor was gone. Blightmist hadn't really realized how much of a vacuum that opened up in their party until now when everyone was standing around talking. He'd always been the one to pick their course of action in the end. Someone had to step up and take that role. And as much as he wanted it to be Drask, he couldn't put that burden on anyone else. Raising his mace, the arcanni began to break down the door into the barn.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

r2d2go
2015-03-07, 01:53 PM
Zander nods as Blightmist smashes in the door, and stands back, arcane materials at the ready.

Stand back 20 feet and ready an Acid Splash.

niks97cobra
2015-03-07, 04:49 PM
The barn begins shaking as Blightmist hits it. Though it looks decently kept up from the outside, it seems very unstable. The arcannis' swing breaks through the wood, allowing you a good look inside. There are several bodies standing, hunched over in the corner, next to two horses. The bodies and horses slowly come to life and you realize they are zombies, covered in some sort of slime. They seem a bit lethargic, but upon hearing the noise, they begin moving towards the door.

redfeline
2015-03-07, 04:55 PM
Blight don't you think you are being a little over cautious here? Luna raises her shield and has her sword in hand. Your worried about having to fight what is in this barn so you are trying to free what ever this is. So we can fight it, not that I don't enjoy a good brawl, but usally the fights find me more than I find them. Like that man with the broken fingers at the bar. The one who grabbed at my ass three days ago. That is more the type of fight I end up in, picking fights in a world where more than enough would fight you any ways. Luna moves a foot back to brace herself in case of a charge. Any how just some food for thought.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-07, 06:02 PM
"...there are undead in there. It is no longer a request that we fight," Blightmist replied sternly as he continued to bash in the door. He could not let such abominations walk. He didn't care if this would not be the fun kind of brawl that Luna desired, they would slay these monsters where they stood.

Continue breaking down the door: [roll0]

r2d2go
2015-03-07, 07:16 PM
As Zander sees the zombies, he grimaces and tries to find a gap that will let him fire in. "I agree that we need to end them, but leave the door partially intact. That way I can get in an Acid Splash or two and they're forced into a choke, letting in only a few at a time if you hold the line."

[roll0], [roll1], if I can fire in without risk of hurting allies. Trying to hit two zombies next to each other, though I'll go for the weakest one if there are none grouped close enough.

redfeline
2015-03-08, 01:03 AM
Luna prepares to fight to oncoming zombies.

Attack the fist enemy in range. I am not sure how a ready action works when I get 2 attacks on attack actions. So I will roll both and hope I get both.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit
[roll3] attack 2
[roll4] damage 2
[roll5] crit 2

niks97cobra
2015-03-08, 03:12 AM
Blightmist continues to strike the door, while Zander's acid splash sears into two of the zombies. As Luna strikes trying to enter, it is too much for the structure of the barn and it collapses.

Damage from barn collapsing:
Inside Barn
Z1: [roll0]
Z2: [roll1]
Z3: [roll2]
Z4: [roll3]
Z5: [roll4]
Z6: [roll5]
Z7: [roll6]
Z8: [roll7]
H1: [roll8]
H2: [roll9]

Outside Barn
Drask: [roll10]
Zander: [roll11]
Luna: [roll12]
Blightmist: [roll13]

Bad Guys
Zombies
AC: 13
Dex: 0
Wis: 0
Z1: 8
Z2: 10
Z3: 14
Z4: 12
Z5: 15
Z6: 18
Z7: 6
Z8: 12

Zombie Horses
H1: 17
H2: 17

Characters:
Drask: AC 17, HP 50/55
Zander: AC 13, HP 38/ 45
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 40/ 45
Luna: AC 18, HP 75/ 83

ROUND 1: POST ROUNDS
The characters have action. The zombies are breaking through the rubble pretty fast.

Foodle
2015-03-08, 03:59 AM
Drask - 50/55hp - 17AC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=16516)

Drask sneezes after getting a mouthful of dirt, dust and hopefully not anything else, as Silverstep backs away from the barn, nostrils flaring and ears laid back at the scent of the zombies. Mentally directly his mount they wheel around to the side of the group so Drask can get a clear view of the emerging undead, he spots a couple and they both dart forward to finish them before they make it out of the rubble.

Not sure if Silverstep gets to attack or not, he's intelligent, and they're supposed to get a full set of actions and, therefore, be controlled by the DM. But then he's loyal to Drask and can be mentally communicated with.
It's probably too overpowered to have it attacking all the time (it does 2d6+4 damage, with the possibility of a knock down and another 2d6+4 if he moves at least 20ft straight at the target before attacking) i'll leave it up to you when/if he attacks at all and just roll Drask's attacks.

Meteorite Maul @ Z2 and Z3 if the first attack kills Z2

Damage: 5 + [roll1], [roll2] | Rerolls: [roll3], [roll4]
If Crit: [roll5], [roll6] | Rerolls: [roll7], [roll8]
Total: 8 bludgeoning

Attack: [roll9]
Damage: 5 + [roll10], [roll11] | Rerolls: [roll12], [roll13]
If Crit: [roll14], [roll15] | Rerolls: [roll16], [roll17]
Total: 11 bludgeoning

niks97cobra
2015-03-08, 04:25 AM
Mount
I have been looking at this wondering how it will affect game play. As the spell doesn't get more powerful as you level, I don't think it is supposed to be powerful in combat, more of a mount that you can always rely on. While riding the mount, you may forgo one of your attacks so that the mount may have one. If you and the mount are separated in combat, I will run it.

redfeline
2015-03-08, 10:52 AM
Luna charges the first zombie letting some of her rage fly loose and free.

Half Damage from non psi sources, +2 damage

[roll0] att
[roll1] dam
[roll2]crit

[roll3] att 2
[roll4] dam 2
[roll5]crit 2

Anubis Dread
2015-03-08, 10:56 AM
The barn was half destroyed. They'd all been hurt. But he could now enter. Blightmist strolled through the hole in the barn, walking as deep in as he dared to get as many of the undead close to him as possible. Raising his shield, a burst of light shot out all around him.

Turn Undead, or Destroy Undead for any zombies that are CR 1/2 or less. DC 15

Z1: [roll0]
Z2: [roll1]
Z3: [roll2]
Z4: [roll3]
Z5: [roll4]
Z6: [roll5]
Z7: [roll6]
Z8: [roll7]
H1: [roll8]
H2: [roll9]

r2d2go
2015-03-08, 03:32 PM
Zander backs up further before firing another blast of acid.

[roll0], [roll1] Trying to hit two zombies next to each other, though I'll go for the weakest one if there are none grouped close enough. Then, move back another 15 feet (a total of 35 from the barn)

niks97cobra
2015-03-09, 02:11 AM
ROUND 2: POST ROUNDS
The zombies pull themselves out of the wreckage, and those that are still alive attack those that are really still alive.

Zombie Attacks
Z3: [roll0] vs Luna

Z7: [roll2] vs Blightmist
Damage: [roll3]

Z8: [roll4] vs Luna
Damage: [roll5]

H2: [roll6] vs Blightmist
Damage: [roll7]

Bad Guys
Zombies
Z1: Dead
Z2: Dead
Z3: 6
Z4: Dead
Z5: Dead
Z6: Dead
Z7: 6
Z8: 12

Zombie Horses
H1: Dead
H2: 17

Characters:
Zander: AC 13, HP 45/ 45

r2d2go
I over looked the 20 feet behind. I removed your damage, but from the distance you were at, casting through the barn would have been near impossible so I have adjusted the zombies hp accordingly.

Map
Okay, photobucket is messing up and my frustration is getting the better of me. Drask, Blightmist and Luna are in melee range of the last four.

r2d2go
2015-03-09, 02:38 AM
Zander, seeing that most of the zombies have been finished, simply fires more acid.

[roll0], [roll1] Trying to hit two zombies next to each other, though I'll go for the weakest one if there are none grouped close enough.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-09, 10:01 AM
As much as the mere existence of these zombies tore at his very soul, it would be excessive to use much more of his power to defeat them. They could barely hurt him, and he'd already destroyed half their number.

Knowing his sacred magic would do more damage than his simple mace, Blightmist muttered a prayer and one of the zombies burst into golden fire.

Sacred Flames: [roll]2d8[roll] radiant damage om the horse zombie, half on a miss.

Dexterity Saving Throw: [roll0], DC 15

redfeline
2015-03-09, 01:06 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Luna swings her blue sword twice with on the first blow hitting.

Foodle
2015-03-09, 01:48 PM

"Nicely done Blightmist!" he calls out as the zombies crumble to the ground and he steps into the help mop up the remainder, swinging his maul, slamming it into the zombies with wet thuds.

Attack which ever are still alive after Luna's attack.

Maul Attack 1
Total: 14 bludgeoning

Maul Attack 2
Total: 11 bludgeoning

niks97cobra
2015-03-10, 02:09 AM
Round 3: Post Rounds
One final zombie stands, lunging at Luna.

Zombie Attack:
Damage:[roll1]

Bad Guys
Zombies
Z1: Dead
Z2: Dead
Z3: 6
Z4: Dead
Z5: Dead
Z6: Dead
Z7: Dead
Z8: Dead

Zombie Horses
H1: Dead
H2: Dead

Characters:

Foodle
2015-03-10, 02:40 AM

"Down boy!" Drask tells it, slamming the maul down on it's head.

Maul @ Last Zombie
Damage: Minimum = 7, so dead.

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: Minimum = 7, so dead.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-10, 10:24 AM
"That was refreshingly simple. Let's hope the other outer buildings are as easy," Blightmist notes as the final zombie goes down. How were these zombies created? By a necromancer, by grief, by chance? Whatever the case these were not like he skeletons they had fought in the jungle. They had been willing sacrifices, who had voluntarily twisted themselves to cheat death and still fulfill their duty. These were clearly resurrected against their will.

Kneeling down, Blightmist whispered a short prayer to himself before beginning to drag the bodies outside. These corpses needed to burn to remove the last of the dark energy within them, so their hosts could be free to travel to the after life.

Foodle
2015-03-10, 01:31 PM

"Mmm," Drask agrees backing Silverstep out of the debris. "Must have been someone around to lock them in there and put up the warning though. I wonder what happened to them?"

redfeline
2015-03-10, 06:09 PM
A fair question. Luna looked about nervous that a collapsed building might draw extra attention.

[roll0]

r2d2go
2015-03-10, 07:14 PM
Zander joins Luna in an attempt to discern clues.

Investigation: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

niks97cobra
2015-03-10, 10:46 PM
After the battle at the barn, everything else remains quiet.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-10, 10:53 PM
Blightmist finishes piling up the corpses, before setting fire to the pile. He only hoped their spirits would escape with the smoke.

"We're heading to the cottage next," he tells the others as he watches the corpses burn. "If there are any other undead we need to bring them to their rest. If there aren't, we still need to make sure our route back is clear before heading into the main building. After the cottage we'll clear out the huts. Any disagreement?"

r2d2go
2015-03-10, 11:10 PM
Zander nods. "Sounds reasonable... Though are you sure the burning of the undead will not attract any negative attention?"

Anubis Dread
2015-03-10, 11:13 PM
"I don't care," Blighmist replied honestly. "These souls aren't skeletal guards, or people who's family or tribe will seek them out and give them a proper burial. They're victims, plain and simple. They deserve a cremation."

Foodle
2015-03-11, 03:40 AM

Drask nods in agreement to both Blightmists suggestion and his points about the zombie corpses. "I didn't realise horses could become zombies," he says patting Silverstep's neck and turning to head towards the cottage.

Once there he's slowly rides around it, looking through any windows to make sure there weren't more of those things waiting inside this building too. If he finds nothing he then closes his eyes and grips his holy symbol in one hand praying softly to enhance his senses to undead and the like.

Looking through any windows/openings

And using Divine Sense to check for any undead/celestial/fiends in the around me.
60ft range, but is blocked by total cover :(

r2d2go
2015-03-11, 11:26 AM
Zander shrugs. "I will defer to your experience with such matters... I'm not exactly a theologian myself." While he says this, his hood wriggles as Bun burrows his nose into Zander's back, hiding from the scent of burning zombies. He pats the rabbit and starts walking with Silverstep and Drask. "Let's continue then, shall we?"

redfeline
2015-03-11, 12:58 PM
If the sounds of the barn didn't draw any one then I doubt the fire will. Blight is very respectful, perhaps I should bring some red ocher on these trips to pay my respects to the fallen as well.

niks97cobra
2015-03-12, 12:14 AM
The house is a small, four room place. The windows have shutters, but due to wear and tear, you can see inside. The main room appears to be a cooper's work shop. There is an old fire pit, metals, barrels and scraps of wood scattered across the room, as well as the necessary tools for such a trade. One room appears to be a living area, with a small coal stove, a dining area and various kitchen tools. The other two rooms are bedrooms. One must have been the master bedroom for the cooper and his wife. The other appears to be the kids rooms, with a pair of single beds. Underneath one of the sheets appears to be a body.

Drask, you cannot see any undead, though there is a possibility whatever is under the sheets could, but it is under total cover.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-12, 12:24 AM
They weren't supposed to have this be too long or drawn out. Their mission was simply clear out the surrounding area around the mansion before heading into the house proper. As such they should be as quick here as possible as was respectful. Besides... if there was a corpse under the sheet it deserved rest.

Walking into the house, Blightmist grabbed the sheet and pulled it off the body.

niks97cobra
2015-03-12, 03:02 AM
Round 1: Post Rounds
Blightmist rushes ahead, easily breaking the locked door. Ripping the sheet off, reveals a long dead corpse. Just as the arcannis pulls the sheet off, both beds explode towards the ceiling. Two dark grey figures emerge from under the beds, both striking out at Blightmist with razor sharp claws, hissing in his face as they attack.

Ghasts
Blightmist
Stench
Due to the smell of the ghasts you must make a DC 10 Con save or be poisoned.

Ghast 1 Attack on Blightmist
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Ghast 2 Attack on Blightmist
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

If hit by any of the attacks, Blightmist must make a DC 10 con check for each hit.

One hit, so one DC con check, or paralyzed.

Bad Guys
Ghasts
G1 HP: 45
G2 HP: 42
Dex: +3
Wis: +0

Characters:
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 26/ 45

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Coddlers1.png

r2d2go
2015-03-12, 04:06 AM
Zander jumps into action as the creatures attack, firing magic missiles at the closest one.

Move to I9
Magic Missile the closer one for [roll0]
G2 drops to 33.

Foodle
2015-03-12, 04:26 AM

The sound of splintering wood sends Drask clomping around the corner in a rush towards Blightmist. Seeing more undead he bellows out a battle cry and charges at the furthest one.

Move: L9 -> J7

Maul @ Ghoul 1

On Crit: [roll5], [roll6] | Rerolls: [roll7], [roll8]
Damage: 12

Attack: [roll9]; Woo! First Crit!
On Crit: [roll14], [roll15] | Rerolls: [roll16], [roll17]
Damage: 21

For the first attack that hits...
Divine Smite (Expend a Level 1 Slot)
Damage: [roll18], [roll19] | Rerolls: [roll20], [roll21]
If Crit: [roll22], [roll23] | Rerolls: [roll24], [roll25]
Damage: 9

Total Damage: 42 (33 Bludgeoning, 9 Radiant)

redfeline
2015-03-12, 02:39 PM
[roll0] save

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Luna rushes the undead drask did not strike and finds her first attack bitting hard into its flesh. The foul creature however dodges to the right avoiding the second swing.

niks97cobra
2015-03-12, 03:41 PM
Round 2: Post Rounds
One of the ghasts strikes out its claws at Drask as he moves by. Both of the ghasts take advantage of Blightmists position and attack the cleric.

Ghasts
G2 AoO on Drask
A: [roll0]
D: [roll1]
C: [roll2]

G1 Attack on Blightmist
[roll3]
Adv: [roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

G2 Attack on Blightmist
[roll7]
Adv: [roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

Everyone except Zander needs to continue to make poison checks if you failed in round 1. Blightmist, you can make a save each round against being paralyzed.

Bad Guys
Ghasts
G1 HP: 3
G2 HP: 25
Dex: +3
Wis: +0

Characters:
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 14/ 45

Map
I don't have my map stuff with me. Luna is next to G2, Drask next to G1.

Foodle
2015-03-12, 03:57 PM

"Protrist help me, you things stink," Drask mutters feeling nauseous from the fetid air. Swinging at the ghoul he chokes on the fumes and stumbles slightly, missing with his attack before setting his feet and finishing the undead with a blow that flings it against the wall.

Maul @ G1, if it hits, then the second attack at G2
Attack: [roll0] | Disadvantage Poison: [roll1]
Damage: Dead (Min Damage = 7)
Total: Miss

Attack: [roll2] | Disadvantage Poison: [roll3]
Damage: 5 + [roll4], [roll5] | Rerolls: [roll6], [roll7]
If Crit: [roll8], [roll9] | Rerolls: [roll10], [roll11]
Total: G1 dies.

Save vs Poison: [roll12]; Failure

r2d2go
2015-03-12, 04:22 PM
Zander fires off another trio of missiles.

[roll0]
Surviving ghoul down to 13.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-12, 04:36 PM
He could move! And was heavily injured... they'd gotten the drop on him and he was paying for it.

Not trusting his hands to strike true, Blightmist instead sends a burst of holy fire against the remaining undead.

Sacred Flame: [roll0] Radiant.
Dex Save for half: [roll1]

redfeline
2015-03-13, 11:58 AM
[roll0] save

[roll1] a1
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4] a2
[roll5]
[roll6]

Luna lets loose a pair of sword strikes at the ghoul in front of her.

niks97cobra
2015-03-14, 03:50 AM
The ghasts tremble on the ground as they enter a permanent state of death.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-14, 01:46 PM
That had been far closer than he would have liked. Still he hadn't expended any really magic today. They could probably fight another four or so fights like that and still go forward.

"Could someone search this place while I prepare to heal us?" Blightmist asks as he kneels down and begins to pray.

Prayer of Healing: [roll0]

Foodle
2015-03-14, 05:37 PM

Drask prods the undead carefully with his maul, making sure they weren't faking anything before slamming the weapon down, crushing their heads into mush. He didn't want them getting back up ever again.
As Blightmist worked his spell, the Dragonborn walked around the small building checking out the cupboards, kicking aside rugs and testing the floor for any trap doors that might lead below or serve as another entrance to the cellar below the main building.

r2d2go
2015-03-14, 06:32 PM
Zander nods and looks around as well.

[roll0]

It's 5 than last time because I forgot the +5 from my feat :smalltongue:

redfeline
2015-03-14, 06:43 PM
Luna stays close to Blight as he works his magics. She didn't want to lose what may be the only good scally mage in the world.

niks97cobra
2015-03-15, 03:31 AM
Searching through the house, you find your basic cobblers tools such as hammers, nails, anvil, etc. Nothing of real value. You also notice a piece of loose, rotted floorboard. Pulling it up, you find a sack of 200 gold pieces.

Characters:
Drask: AC 17, HP 55/55
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 29/ 45
Luna: AC 18, HP 83/ 83

Anubis Dread
2015-03-15, 09:26 AM
He was still fairly injured, but they needed to conserve his magic. Depending on how things went he was hoping they could at least clear the first level of the mansion before retiring for the night, returning to clear the second floor and basement. That seemed like it would be the safest option and cut down on the risk of handling it all at once. But it also meant they might have some time to go. He had to ration his healing.

"Alright, anyone else have something to do? If not we should head to the huts," Blightmist suggested.

Foodle
2015-03-15, 01:34 PM

Drask wanders around the house he grabs a handfull of the nails and pockets them, they might come in handy at some point. Helping Zander with the floor boards he hauls out a stained, half rotted sack from beneath the house and drops it to the ground in front of the group. "Found some coin it seems. Not much else here, though the roof would probably keep most of the rain off our heads should we need somewhere to sleep."

redfeline
2015-03-15, 10:47 PM
Luna looks around. Seems like sleeping here would be a last resort, the way undead seem to find this place I would have expect those dragonborn skeletons from the jungle temple to be here soon.

Foodle
2015-03-16, 03:03 PM

"Hopefully the rubble keeps anything still capable of movement stuck down there for a long, long time," Drask says walking out the door. Mentally he calls to Silverstep and asks the horse to watch the front gate in case their presence attracts any attention from things lurking about. Then starts to walk over to the huts, he doubted they'd find any of the wine Lady Spitfire was looking for in them, but it wouldn't hurt to check for anything else that might still be infesting the place.

niks97cobra
2015-03-16, 07:41 PM
Most of the huts have collapsed since the winery has fallen into disuse. The few that remain standing, appear to have little more than a few basic things, such as wooden bed frames, buckets, dishes, and the like. The servants of the winery that lived here definitely did not live a comfortable life style.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-16, 11:11 PM
"Stay close," Blightmist advised sternly as he began to walk through and search the huts. More ghouls could be hiding here. It wouldn't surprise him. But that one ghoul had gotten a lucky shot off - he trusted his armor and shield to keep him safer from most threats than his allies were, even if he was still wounded.

r2d2go
2015-03-18, 12:13 PM
Zander stays with Blightmist, taking a closer look at things.

[roll0]

Foodle
2015-03-18, 02:02 PM

Drask wanders past the huts, giving them a quick glance over for anything that seemed out of place, and eventually comes out the far side where he takes the chance to check out the back of the manor building for other possible entrances. They were going to have to go in there eventually and chances were high that if anything that wasn't mindless undead had moved into, the front door would be more guarded/trapped than a possible back entrance or a broken window low enough to the ground to see into the room and climb through.

He'll just use his passive perception/investigation to check the huts (11/10 respectively)

Checking out the back of the house.

Also r2d2go, i think that bonus from your feat only apply to passive checks

redfeline
2015-03-18, 02:40 PM
Luna keeps her sword out as they move about the region. The area seemed quiet but was likely to change in a hurry, it was safe to assume it wasn't safe just based on what the found already.

niks97cobra
2015-03-18, 10:38 PM
Searching through the huts reveals a single bottle of unopened wine that was hidden beneath a bed, wrapped in cloth.

Drask
The manor was built with may of the same properties as a castle. The windows are small, and those large enough to be typical windows, have metal bars across them. Without breaking through the walls or attempting to pull out the bars from the windows, the only real option to entering the house is the front door.

Zander
Where are you getting +13 from?

Anubis Dread
2015-03-18, 11:32 PM
"Alright. Tuck the bottle into a bag of holding. I don't want it on this plane of existence. I have a plan for a more thorough search when I can change the spells Vivicous has blessed me with," Blightmist tells his companions.

For now though they were still in good condition, and the house still awaited. "Let's storm the house directly. No going upstairs, no going downstairs, ground floor only and then we back out to recover. And if we encounter anything too dangerous we'll fall back. Agreed?" Blightmist proposed. His warning still flashed in his mind... Woe and Weal. Could it just be too much to handle at once? He knew it was dangerous, but... he needed more information, even if there was a risk of it being wrong. He needed to pray again.

Augury as a Ritual. Question: What would the results be if we stormed the home, attempted to clear out the ground floor then retreated to return after we've recovered?

niks97cobra
2015-03-19, 12:32 AM
The result of the augury remains the same.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-19, 12:34 AM
Damn... there was still too much risk. But they couldn't just return to Spitfire with only one bottle. Blightmist sighed, but didn't amend his plan.

r2d2go
2015-03-19, 01:10 AM
Zander nods. Hopefully we don't need it, but... I've got good spells for restricting movement, reducing line of sight, that sort of thing, especially against living targets.

The +13 comes from the Observant feat, which gives +5 to Investigation and Perception, on top of +5 Int and +3 from being trained. Also posted in the OoC thread.

Foodle
2015-03-19, 02:02 AM
Drask - 60/60hp - 17AC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=16516)

As the group makes their way back around to the front of the house, Drask grips the small gravel hanging around his neck, his holy symbol, and begins to pray softly to Protrist while walking behind Blightmist and sighing at the sense of strength after the spell takes effect.

"That should help if we're ambushed, do you think they know we're here? I suppose the barn collapsing would have alerted anything inside," he asks taking up a position to the side of the front door, out of the way should something come flying out at them.

Using a Level 2 slot to cast Aid.
Targets: Drask, Zander & Blightmist
Effect: Your current and max HP increase by 5 for the next 8 hours.

Hopefully Luna's absurd HP can keep her safe.

Spells Remaining
L1: 3/4
L2: 1/2

niks97cobra
2015-03-19, 04:46 AM
ROUND 1: POST ROUNDS
Approaching back around to the front of the house, you step on the front porch. Just as you do, two statues you had not even paid attention to before, leap into action. The winged creatures immediately go for the gnome, screeching as they fly down from the rooftop. One of them rips into Zander with its claws and teeth.

Attacks

G1 Two Attacks
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

G2 Two Attacks
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Characters:
Drask: AC 17, HP 55/55+5 for 8 hours
Zander: AC 13, HP 31/ 45+5 for 8 hours
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 29/ 45+ 5 for 8 hours
Luna: AC 18, HP 83/ 83

Gargoyles
G1 HP: 47
G2 HP: 57
AC: 15
Dex +0
Wis +0
Resist: Nonmagical weapons.
Immune: Poison

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Gargoyle1.png

Anubis Dread
2015-03-19, 09:12 AM
Gargoyles?! This could be bad. As much as he wanted to reserve his magic, this seemed the perfect situation for what he'd been trying to save it up FOR - a true threat that they'd have difficulty dealing with.

Muttering a prayer under his breath, surge of brights green energy dancing with fey erupted around Blightmist.

Casting Spirit Guardians. 15 foot radius, movement speed of enemies in there are halved and any creatures entering or starting their turn in the area take 3d8 radiant on a failed DC15 Wisdom save.

redfeline
2015-03-19, 01:11 PM
I think I some how have an extra 3 hp. I will check the barbarian when I get home to make sure I don't have some bonus I forgot, but 12*5 = 60 + 5 *4 = 80. This max hp thing is great for a barbarian.

No map access today so who ever I can hit I swing at.

Magic like weapons for the win!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

A crit and a fumble what where the odds.

Luna swings hard into the closest foe and on her second swing she misses horribly.

Foodle
2015-03-19, 03:05 PM

Drask ducks as the gargoyles sweep overhead. Where had those things been? Casting a cautious look at the door, he turns his back on it and charges the nearest monster attacking the gnome. "Leave these to us," he tells Zander as he calls on his god again to protect the small gnome.

Move: B10 -> C8

Action: Meteorite Maul @ G2

Attack: [roll0]; MISS

Attack: [roll9]; HIT

Total Damage: 14 Bludgeoning

Bonus Action: Cast Sanctuary on Zander. DC13 Wis Save if they try attack him as he moves away. End's if he does anything hostile. Otherwise lasts for 1min.

Spells Remaining
L1: 2/4
L2: 1/2

r2d2go
2015-03-20, 01:32 AM
Zander grimaces in pain, but simply mutters an incantation, creating a whirl of blades in front of him before the sanctuary kicks in.
Cloud of Daggers, dealing [roll0] damage when a creature enters or begins a turn in the area. Using it on the square of the one Luna attacked.

niks97cobra
2015-03-20, 03:33 PM
Round 2: POST ROUNDS
The gargoyles continue their onslaught of Zander until sanctuary is cast, then one focuses on Luna instead.

Gargoyle Attacks

G1
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

G2
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Spiritual Guardians
G1
[roll12]
[roll13]

G2
[roll14]
[roll15]

Characters:
Zander: AC 13, HP 23/ 45+5 for 8 hours
Luna: AC 18, HP 78/ 83
Gargoyles
G1 HP: 27
G2 HP: 21
AC: 15
Dex +0
Wis +0
Resist: Nonmagical weapons.
Immune: Poison

OOC:
I rushed to do this round before work, so if you see a mistake, put it in ooc and I'll fix it when I get home tonight.

Foodle
2015-03-20, 10:42 PM

Drask jerks his maul back from the spinning blades that spring to life around the gargoyle. Zander looked to be a nice addition to their group, magic like this would make holding a choke point extremely effective and in a house full of doors, hopefully, that's the sort of situation they'd likely find themselves in.

"Hya!" Drask yells swiping at the Gargoyle again, to keep it's attention away from the robe wearing mage.

Maul @ G2 / G1 if G2 dies with the first hit (after it takes damage from the cloud of daggers for the start of it's turn)

Attack: [roll0]; HIT
On Crit: [roll5], [roll6] | Rerolls: [roll7], [roll8]
Total: 12 Bludgeoning

Attack: [roll9]; MISS
On Crit: [roll14], [roll15] | Rerolls: [roll16], [roll17]
Total:

Anubis Dread
2015-03-20, 11:00 PM
Blightmist had hoped his magic would draw the gargoyles to attack him to try and end the threat his spell posed. It didn't. The cleric forced himself forward and swung his mace at a gargoyle.

Moving to E10 and attacking G1
Crit: [roll2]

r2d2go
2015-03-21, 03:08 AM
Zander mentally reviews his spells, considering what he could do without breaking sanctuary. Sighing, he prepares to blast a gargoyle with acid, if they seem close to death.

Acid Splash at both 'goyles if at least one is at 6 or less HP. Looks like I messed it up earlier, it's actually [roll0] damage with a [roll1], [roll2] vs Dex DC 16 for half. So, both take 7.

redfeline
2015-03-21, 10:52 AM
Luna continues her assault on the closest living gargoyle.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Luna launches to quick attacks at the nearest gargoyle. The first strike catches it across the chest, cosmic stone biting into stone. The second attack aimed at the head was easily dodged on the fight continued

niks97cobra
2015-03-22, 02:09 AM
Combat fixed and over.

The spiritual guardians spell finishes off the second gargoyle, the first killed by Zander's acid splash.

Characters:
Zander: AC 13, HP 23/ 45+5 for 8 hours
Luna: AC 18, HP 78/ 83

Foodle
2015-03-22, 02:55 AM

Why didn't the gnome move away? Drask looked on confused as the suicidal mage tried to go toe to toe with the gargoyles. They looked like another good whack would break them apart now anyway, so he was happy to help them along.

Maul @ G2 and then the other one if i hit.

Attack: [roll0]; MISS
Total:

Attack: [roll9]; CRIT
Total: 26 Bludgeoning

r2d2go
2015-03-22, 03:04 AM
As noted in the post, I actually didn't want to attack unless I had a good chance to kill, so that sanctuary wouldn't be lifted. The if-then was so I could post before Luna. So the surviving gargoyle is at 15 health rather than 8, and the gargoyles need to make sanctuary saves, if that's ok.

As to why I don't move back - I'd rather not take AoOs, since the Sanctuary means I have decent survivability anyway, and giving two AoOs increases the total number of attacks the enemies will be dishing out.

Seeing the gargoyle almost dead, Zander decides to break Sanctuary and releases his blast of acid.

Save: [roll0]
See OoC for Cloud of Daggers damage, which should finish off this combat.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-22, 10:19 AM
Well it looked like they were safe... Blightmist sighed in relief. That would have gone a lot worst. None of them dropped, none of them were heavily injured. He wondered what it said that gorillas seemed to be an extensively more dangerous threat than undead and gargoyles? Then again, maybe they'd just gotten a little bit stronger since then...

Kneeling down, the cleric prayed.

Foodle
2015-03-22, 01:43 PM

"Do gargoyles breed? Or do mages make them, like those big constructs the mage Telifa has?" he asks as he sweeps the pieces of dead gargoyles off the front step. "Everyone good?" he asks looking around to make sure no one was hurt too badly. Nodding to the group he approaches the door and knocks on it three times before listening for movement on the other side.

If he hears nothing, he'll carefully open the door.

Do i know anything about Gargoyles?
Nature: [roll0]
Arcana: [roll1]

Listening through the door...
Perception: [roll2]

niks97cobra
2015-03-22, 03:42 PM
You hear nothing behind the door. Opening the door reveals the foyer of the estate. There are closed double doors leading to right and to the left out of the foyer, as well as a staircase leading to smaller second floor. The staircase looks pretty terrible, mostly rotten. There are some spots in the roof above where light shines through, the roof has seen better days. There was a battle here in the foyer, long ago. Broken arrows, scorch marks, an axe handle and the floor boards are stained with blood.

Gargoyles
They are elemental beings and can be summoned and created by magic. They are generally used as sentries. Being this close to gnome territory, whoever was or is in charge of the gargoyles, most likely left them instructions to attack anyone, especially gnomes, coming on to the porch, which would be why they were so adamant about attacking Zander.

redfeline
2015-03-23, 12:49 PM
Luna moves about the room taking in details. She is looking at the clues to figure out just how long ago this battle was.

r2d2go
2015-03-23, 01:03 PM
Zander takes a close look around as well.
[roll0]

Anubis Dread
2015-03-23, 01:04 PM
Originally Blightmist had considered taking out the ground floor before moving up. However it looked like the second story was smaller. Odds were it would be safer than the ground and basement.

"Let's take a quick look to make sure that it's safe, then go upstaits. We can clear it out then head out to rest and come back in the morning to do the ground floor and basement," Blightmist suggested.

Foodle
2015-03-23, 01:21 PM

"I'm not sure that staircase will hold me or you Blightmist, look the timber is practically rotten. Zander might be fine though, do you know that invisible spell?" he asks the gnome, pointing out the the rotten timber as he thought of Bor and Igan.

He then walks over to check out both of the double doors, if something had left those Gargoyles here they might have more surprises for them that had survived the years.

Checking out the doors for traps/to see if they look like they'd open easily.

r2d2go
2015-03-23, 01:53 PM
Unfortunately, no, though... I can make both sickening and normal fog as well as teleport short distances. So, I should be alright going up.

Assuming he finds nothing unusual, Zander proceeds up with caution and Misty Step at the ready.

redfeline
2015-03-23, 05:31 PM
Is it my imagination or does this place have very uneven wear. Some items seem full intact and other seem nearly demolished. Any theories?

niks97cobra
2015-03-24, 02:44 AM
Luna
It is hard to tell, but the fight is many years old.

Zander
Your investigation turns up nothing else. Heading up the stairs, you find your self on a balcony over looking the foyer. There appears to be two bedrooms upstairs. One to the left, the other to the right. You can see inside both rooms from the balcony, the doors hanging on their hinges. Inside the left room is basically a trashed, old bedroom suite. The larger room on the right must have been the master bedroom. It is the same as the other bedroom, except it has a small office with a desk and chair. A skeleton with long gray hair sits in the chair with its back to you. There is also a small dining area with a table and some broken chairs and plates.

Drask
The doors don't appear to be trapped and appear to open easily.

redfeline
2015-03-25, 12:59 PM
Luna eyes a few doors worried. The undead were coming from some where, as were the bodies to make them. The damage to the floor was very old, which meant the undead had been here for some time. They were still "alive" which meant they were getting some form a sustenance. What ever was causing the dead to rise, had been here for a while and in all likely hood was still here.

I expected bandits not undead. I do not like this, we of had some one go with Zander.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-25, 01:14 PM
"Probably. But if we did we might as well have all gone to make sure we were as safe as possible," Blightmist noted. "He has enough magic he can get away easily. I don't think any of us could say the same."

r2d2go
2015-03-25, 07:58 PM
Zander continues investigating, taking a close look around. Assuming he doesn't find anything new upstairs, he descends and reports his findings. There's two bedrooms, and a skeleton with grey hair. Not sure if skeletons normally can even have hair... anyway, some broken furniture and dishes, nothing particularly interesting.

Not sure if the roll covered upstairs and down, so here's upstairs if needed: [roll0]. I'll edit the report if something exciting happens.

Foodle
2015-03-25, 08:32 PM

Drask seems happy about the news that there's nothing that would kill them upstairs, but there was also no wine. Which was to be expected he guessed, why lug casks upstairs to store them. "Oh well, these are unlocked," he says twisting the handle of the door leading to the left and opening it to look inside.

Checking out the room, if there's nothing obviously dangerous, he'll open the door all the way and walk inside.

niks97cobra
2015-03-25, 09:43 PM
Opening the door, you look into what was once a ballroom. A relief carving in the stained oak wood of the Collura family still stands proudly over a large marble fireplace. This room is made entirely of fine oak, and must have cost the family a small fortune to build. Boards lean across narrow windows, with benches and bookcases pushed against them. Ruined furniture is thrown about the room. In the center of the room is an old fire pit with half burned furniture, wood and books. The only other exit from the room is a door on the same wall as the one you are looking through.

Foodle
2015-03-25, 10:09 PM

"What was, or is, here, is pretty primitive by the looks of that. Surely a place this big has a fireplace or three to spare," he says opening the door further to allow the others into the room. Walking over the carving he runs his hand over it admiring the workmanship of whoever had done it. He wondered who had legal claim to this area. With a bit of hard work, this place might be restored. He frowns again looking the fire pit in the middle of the floor. A lot of hard work. He corrects himself.

r2d2go
2015-03-25, 10:24 PM
Zander takes a look around. If he finds nothing, he casually tosses a few Rockies into the fire pit to check it before taking a look to see if any interesting books (or other objects) survived.

[roll0]

niks97cobra
2015-03-25, 10:35 PM
A swarm of rats come flying out of the fire pit, heading straight for the gnome that disturbed them.

Attack!
D: [roll1]
C: [roll2]

Swarm
AC: 10
HP: 24
Dex: +1
Wis: +1

Characters:
Zander: AC 13, HP 25/ 45+5 for 8 hours
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 36/ 45+ 5 for 8 hours
Luna: AC 18, HP 80/ 80

Foodle
2015-03-25, 10:46 PM

He changes his mind again seeing the rats. Maybe it would be better to just burn it down and start again. Sighing he walks overs to Zander and begins crushing the rats carpeting the the area with his maul.

"Disgusting," he mutters as he goes about his work.

Move: To the Rats

Maul @ Rat Swarm

Attack 1: [roll0]

Attack 2: [roll9]

Total Damage: 29 (13 & 16) bludgeoning

Anubis Dread
2015-03-25, 11:01 PM
Blightmist began chanting a prayer, before frowning. This was a swarm of rats. Would his charming magic hit all of them, or just one? Just hitting a single rat would do no good... changing his mind, he cast a spray of poison against them instead.

Poison Spray
[roll0] damage, save DC 15 for full. [roll1]+Con Mod

niks97cobra
2015-03-26, 12:55 AM
Drask destroys the swarm.

r2d2go
2015-03-26, 12:56 AM
Zander sighs and fires a blast of acid, if the swarm is even alive. Then, seeing it destroyed already, he shrugs. Okay, let's try that again...

[roll0], [roll1]

Never mind, just search.

niks97cobra
2015-03-26, 01:12 AM
Your search shows up nothing of real interest or value.

r2d2go
2015-03-26, 01:15 AM
Well, I've got nothing. Anyone else need more time looking around, or shall we proceed through the next door? Though... the barred windows make me worried about what we'll find deeper. Nothing good, I can imagine, though we can't exactly return with one bottle of wine.

Foodle
2015-03-26, 01:37 AM

Drask wipes the rat remains off the head of his maul and walks over to the boarded up windows and pries the boards loose, letting the light into the room. "There you go, nice and cosy now," he says to Zander, happy to actually solve a problem so easily for once.

If needed...
Strength Check: [roll0] +3 more if proficiency counts.

If that fails, he'll just rips the boards off by smashing them with his maul.

r2d2go
2015-03-26, 01:47 AM
Zander shrugs again. The point stands, though that does make it easier to teleport out, so you have my thanks.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-26, 08:53 AM
"Let's just move on for now. I'll prepare Locate Objects tomorrow to hunt down any wine bottles we may have missed because they were well hidden. For now we should focus on just securing the home and picking up any obvious bottles," Blightmist suggested.

redfeline
2015-03-26, 02:43 PM
Seems reasonable. I will feel a lot better when we slay what ever magic user raised the dead in such a reckless manner.

Foodle
2015-03-26, 03:05 PM

"If it's still here," Drask says dubiously. The state of disrepair all around the property led him to think that if there was anything living here once, it had long since died as well.

Walking over to the other door he listens again for anything on the other side, then if he hears nothing, pushes the door open and stands back, giving everyone a look inside the room.

niks97cobra
2015-03-27, 01:53 AM
You hear nothing behind the door. Opening it reveals a long hallway, about 35 feet long. At the end it curves to the left. The only door is on the left side, about halfway down the hall.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-27, 09:31 AM
"I don't know why I got such a bad vision about this place. So far it seems all but abandoned. The worst creatures we've encountered so far weren't even in the mansion proper," Blightmist admitted, walking right up to the door and opening it up.

niks97cobra
2015-03-28, 03:34 AM
You open the door to find an old living quarters. The door is locked, but easily shoved into. The room is covered in cobwebs and dust, but its seems it has been untouched for many years. There is a large down bed, a desk and a rickety wooden chair. A crude map of the surrounding area is pinned to the tabletop.

You are in the square room/hallway in the middle of the page. The stairs are in red.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Wine%20House.png

redfeline
2015-03-28, 09:09 AM
Luna eyes the cobwebs suspiciously, and takes look around for the giant spiders that people mention in the taverns. Seeing none she heads over to look at the crude map.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-28, 10:28 AM
Blightmist eyed the bed warily. The last beds they'd come across had had ghouls hiding inside of them. It was not an experience he wanted to repeat. While Luna looked over the map, Blightmist decided to thoroughly investigate the room.

Investigate: [roll0]

r2d2go
2015-03-28, 02:01 PM
Zander assists with the investigations, taking a close look around.

[roll0]

niks97cobra
2015-03-28, 03:27 PM
Luna
The map is very old, dating back to the cataclysm. It shows the region around the Collura Vineyards. There are a few small villages noted in the valley, plus the local castle that protected the valley in the days before the gods reminded the world of their power.

Map
I'll post the pre cataclysm region map tonight.

Blightmist
Looking over the room, you find a stash of wine bottles in a bag wrapped in cloth under the bed. A couple of them have cracked, or fell on their side and the wine has soaked through the cork, but two of the bottles are intact and in good condition.

Zander
You find the desk is locked.

Pick lock 10 w/thieves tools.
Breaking it open, 13 strength.

Zander
Reminder: Observant's +5 is only on your passive checks.

r2d2go
2015-03-28, 03:45 PM
Zander waves at the desk. "Locked, but I don't think it should be too hard to force open. Any of you want to give it a try?"

Oh, I thought it was just Perception that was passive only. Welp. I'll spend the time to take 10 for the 23, then.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-28, 03:53 PM
"Sure," Blightmist offered, tucking the wine bottles into his bag of holding. After a moments thought he also tucked the broken ones in there. He was pretty sure they wouldn't interfere with his Locate Objects spell, but it was better safe than sorry.

Walking over to the desk, Blightmist attempted to force it open.

[roll0]

Foodle
2015-03-28, 04:39 PM

Drask chuckles at Blightmist's attempt to open the drawer. "Here, let me. You've got the angle all wrong, you need to get at it from this side and..." he says using his taloned fingers to wedge in between the crack and levering the thing apart.

"Ah! Damn," he mutters as his fingers end up gouging out some timber, but doing nothing to the draw.

Rip open the draw.
Strength: [roll0] +3 more if proficiency in STR applies.

r2d2go
2015-03-28, 04:57 PM
Zander shrugs and gives it a yank as well, though, predictably, he fails. [roll0]

niks97cobra
2015-03-29, 04:00 AM
The drawers of the desk of never opening sits unopened.

Map
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/Valley%20of%20the%20Last%20Paladin.jpg

History checks if you want to know anything about the map.

Foodle
2015-03-29, 04:20 AM
Drask - 60/60hp | 17AC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=16516)

Drask sighs at the desk. "There could have been peace between us," he states hefting his maul in his hands. "I like this way better myself." Bending down, he places one hand on top of the desk to stop it from moving about too much, then grabbing the maul close to the head with his other hand, he starts whacking the underside of the desk top, trying to loosen it enough that the bolt holding the drawer shut came free.

Do i need to roll anything to break open the drawers like that?

Also do i know anything of the Spire of the Last Paladin?
History: [roll0]

redfeline
2015-03-29, 08:24 PM
Luna carefully folds the map while the others make a great deal of noise with a cabinet. She stores the map gently in the bag of holding. Any one have a scroll case?

niks97cobra
2015-03-30, 02:04 AM
Drask
Before the cataclysm, a paladin, known as the last paladin, a paladin of the Goddess Soul, held this valley longer than almost any place on the entire world against the dark emperor Aeldur. As the valley fell to the legions of Aeldur, dark worshipers moved into the castle now and then known as the Spire of the Last Paladin. This is when the vineyard fell as well.

Slamming into the desk you defeat it. Luckily for you, the desk drawer had been trapped. A poisoned needle meant for anyone opening it springs as you beat it, harmlessly touching anyone. The contents of the drawer are a journal detailing the fall of the vineyard as the valley fell. The basics of it detail the forces of Aeldur attacking the valley. The journal was written by the last occupant of this room, the head winemaker. The winery and the Collura family surrendered but as best as you can tell from the writing, the Collura's were all murdered. Also in the drawer is a pouch of 45 gold as well as the recipe for creating the Collura wine.

r2d2go
2015-03-30, 02:25 AM
"A recipe? I'm no vintner, but that must be worth more than any bottles we might find... And with our reward at a hundred gold a bottle, this could easily be worth thousands! Hm... Though, the Lady needs the bottles quite soon, so finding more should still be a priority... Still, very nice, Drask."

Finishing his musings, Zander pokes his head out the door. "Well then, shall we proceed down the hall? Not sure if there's anything left for us here."

Anubis Dread
2015-03-30, 02:35 AM
"With wine it's the grapes themselves that tend to be the most important thing. A recipe could still sell for a bit however," Blightmist agrees. "But yes. Despite my divination's warning the house has been fairly safe so far. We might as well move forward until we hit heavy resistance."

niks97cobra
2015-03-30, 02:42 AM
Turning the corner of the hallway, reveals yet another hallway. On the left it runs the length of the room you were just in and turns left. On the right is a door.

redfeline
2015-03-30, 04:34 PM
Well we can keep going for now, but I just assume not meet heavy resistance myself. Blight puts too much stalk into his divination, it is like he doesn't understand magics unreliable nature.

Foodle
2015-03-30, 04:54 PM

"No scroll case, sorry," Drask tells Luna. Seeing the map though reminded him of the area and somewhat explained all the undead lurking about. They must have persisted here all this time, those zombies in the barn must have been sitting there for over a hundred years.

Walking down the hallway, he grips the door handle and opens the door.

niks97cobra
2015-03-31, 03:11 AM
Opening the door reveals a kitchen. Inside the kitchen is a gelatinous cube. It seems to be sitting on a dumb waiter that moves up and down to the top floor, most likely to the upstairs bedroom. Slime coats the kitchen, and the cube seems intent sitting where it is at, not noticing the door being opened.

Foodle
2015-03-31, 03:31 AM

Drask freezes as he spots the cube, then ever so gently pulls the door shut and steps back into the hallway shaking his head to the others and pointing back the way they had come. "Kitchen, but there's one of those slime cubes in there," he whispers once they're a further down the hall.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-31, 11:55 AM
"Avoiding it does seem to be the best idea," Blightmist agreed. "We should head down the other passageway." The kitchen would probably have some wine, but it was better to leave it for now.

niks97cobra
2015-03-31, 09:42 PM
You quietly close the door and continue down the hall and around the corner. This long back hallway has a trail of slime leading from the far end of the hall and heading into an open doorway in the middle of the hallway. Farther down you see another closed doorway.

House
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee252/niks97cobra/House%202.png

redfeline
2015-04-01, 02:27 AM
So how does one fight slime? Luna asks quietly.

Foodle
2015-04-01, 02:41 AM

"Soap and water?" Drask shrugs. "Truthfully, i'd rather not find out. Protrist willing, all this muck on the ground is from that thing i saw in the kitchen and there aren't a whole puddle of them in here."

Sliding his maul through some of the slime, he brings it up to his nose and sniffs at it curiously before scrunching up his face and attempting to wipe it clean on the wall. Continuing further down the corridor, trying for stealth once he sees the open door, he puts his back to the wall peeks around and into the room.

Sneaking down the hall
Stealth: [roll0] | Disadvantage: [roll1]

Looking into the room
Perception: [roll2]

niks97cobra
2015-04-01, 02:48 AM
Looking into the room, you see that it is covered in the jelly like slime that is covering the floor of the hallway ahead of you. It was once a bedroom, pretty similar to the other. A desk, bed, closet, and a dresser. The rest of the hallway and the room are considered difficult terrain.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-01, 10:33 AM
"We need to keep checking these rooms. If we don't clear everything out we can't search properly, so we might as well just head on in and trigger the ambush," Blightmist points out, stepping into the room and beginning to search.

niks97cobra
2015-04-01, 12:05 PM
Blightmist was right, he walked right into an ambush. Two ochre jellys that had been masked by the slime shoot out their pseudopods from the ceiling above, striking at Blightmist. The yellow ooze monsters take up half the ceiling, dripping slime everywhere.

Attacks on Blightmist
Attack:[roll0]
Advantage:[roll1]
Damage Bludgeoning: [roll2]
Damage Acid:[roll3]
Crit: [roll4]

Attack:[roll5]
Advantage:[roll6]
Damage Bludgeoning: [roll7]
Damage Acid:[roll8]
Crit: [roll9]

Ochre Jellys
J1 HP: 52
J2 HP: 55
AC: 8
Dex: -2
Wis: -2

Characters:
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 25/ 45+ 5 for 8 hours

r2d2go
2015-04-01, 12:34 PM
Zander winces as the jellies assault Blightmist, but he seemed to be handling himself. "Hope they can't move... Cloud of Daggers!"

Walk just enough to have Line of Sight and not block others from getting in.
Cloud of Daggers, deals [roll0] to those that start their turn in the 5 foot cube or move through it.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-01, 01:29 PM
Ow. Blightmist hissed in pain. This new armor was helping out a lot, but not nearly as much as he'd been hoping. Jellies... those were the things you didn't slash right? Thankfully he had a mace, so Blightmist assaulted one of them with his weapon.

Foodle
2015-04-01, 04:21 PM

Guess i'm finding out. Drask looks at the slime on the floors and then all the stuff on the ceiling and cringes. There was no helping it, he was going to get covered in the stuff. Now he really wished he's followed through on his idea to just burn the place to the ground. But Lady Spitfire needed the bottles, so that wasn't really an option, even though it would have been a much cleaner option.

Looking up at the yellow ooze things, he tries to splatter them dead with his maul.

Move: Into the room, trying to step in the least amount of slime as possible.

Action: Attack!

Maul @ Ochre Jelly 1: [roll0]
Total: 13

Maul @ Ochre Jelly 1: [roll9]
Total: 16

Total Damage: 29 Bludgeoning

redfeline
2015-04-01, 05:17 PM
Luna rushes foreward she grabs her sword in both hands and lets loose two savage attacks.

Rage on, using the versatile property on the long sword so 1d10 +1.5 str, -2 ac no shield.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage add 2 damage, I entered the wrong number.
[roll2] crit

[roll3]
[roll4] +2
[roll5]

Luna swears as she finds herself facing three jellies instead of one. ****, did you know they could do that!

niks97cobra
2015-04-01, 05:44 PM
The jellies rip from two, to four jellies as they are slashed by Luna's sword and the cloud of daggers. The jellies continue to shoot down their pseudopods at the fighters below them.

Jelly Attacks

J1 on Blightmist
Bludgeoning: [roll1]
Acid: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

J3 on Drask
Attack: [roll4]
Bludgeoning: [roll5]
Acid: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]

J2 on Luna
Attack: [roll8]
Bludgeoning: [roll9]
Acid: [roll10]
Crit: [roll11]

J4 on Luna
Attack: [roll12]
Bludgeoning: [roll13]
Acid: [roll14]
Crit: [roll15]

Ochre Jellys (each jelly is now 2 medium creatures)
J1 HP: 6
J2 HP: 27
J3 HP: 6
J4 HP: 27

Characters:
Drask: AC 17, HP 44/55+5 for 8 hours
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 14/ 45+ 5 for 8 hours
Luna: AC 18, HP 71/ 80

Anubis Dread
2015-04-01, 05:47 PM
Blightmist grimaced. Slashing the oozes seemed a horrible idea, but at the same time he wouldn't really ask that Luna stop. It was her only real way to damage an enemy. The cleric swung his mace at one of the weakened oozes.

r2d2go
2015-04-01, 07:00 PM
Zander looked at the jellies and sighed. "Well, I guess I can always Magic Missile! Well, got one..."

Against a weak living one that's not getting Daggered, for [roll0]

niks97cobra
2015-04-01, 07:10 PM
Those attacks end the lives of 1 & 3.

Foodle
2015-04-01, 07:44 PM
Drask - 49/60hp | 17AC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=16516)

They were multiplying, that wasn't good. The blades of Luna's sword and Zandar's spell seemed to just split the things in two, meaning there were more of them trying to bludgeon them to death. "Luna, try stabbing them," he suggests pulling free one of his javelins and tossing it towards the enraged woman.

Then looking back to the ceiling he swings at the ones still moving after the wave of magic.

Move/Free: Drop the Javelin near Luna

Action: Attack

Maul @ Jelly 2: [roll0]
Total: 14

Maul @ Jelly 2: [roll9]
Total: 15

Total Damage: 29 Bludgeoning

redfeline
2015-04-02, 12:38 AM
I am not sure if I did the math wrong in my head. I took 9 damage from the attack, but it was 14 when I added it up and I take half damage from all sources that are not psychic while raging with the bear totem. I am very tired so I may be doing math badly or forgetting an earlier hit or something.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Luna grabs the javelins and stabs twice in quick succession.

niks97cobra
2015-04-02, 03:00 PM
Round 3: Post Rounds
The final jelly attacks Luna.

Attack on Luna
DB: [roll1]
DA: [roll2]
C: [roll3]

Ochre Jellys
J1 HP: Dead
J2 HP: Dead
J3 HP: Dead
J4 HP: 10

Characters:
Drask: AC 17, HP 44/55+5 for 8 hours
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 14/ 45+ 5 for 8 hours
Luna: AC 18, HP 73/ 80

Luna
Sorry, forgot you had 1/2 to everything with the bear totem.

Foodle
2015-04-02, 03:23 PM
Drask - 49/60hp | 17AC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=16516)

Drask flicks his maul at the jelly for hopefully the final time and moves out of the way in case it's dead form fell on him.

Maul @ Jelly

Total: 12

Total Damage: 25 bludgeoning

redfeline
2015-04-03, 12:11 PM
Luna picks up her sword and swings it twice to get most of the gunk off before placing it in the scabbard. She removes what she can from the javelin the same way and places it across the top of her pack.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-03, 01:09 PM
Him walking into ambushes and getting hit by the enemies while his allies cleaned up seemed to be working for them. Being the bait was a simple enough role Blightmist was happy to fill if it meant less suffering for his comrades.

That said he was injured. Rather badly. Kneeling down, Blightmist whispered a prayer.

redfeline
2015-04-03, 10:55 PM
So now I know how to fight a slime, and that I was right the few times I called some one slime as well.

Luna looks at the kneeling cleric.

Blight, perhaps you should let me or Drask take point. Your a hardy fellow, but your also the one I trust to patch me up.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-03, 11:14 PM
Blightmist hesitated. "I... fine. Just for a room or two. You two are tough, but you aren't as well equipped to deal with a flurry of attacks from ambush as I am," the cleric relented.

r2d2go
2015-04-04, 10:31 PM
Zander dusts himself off, then asks, "So, next room?"

niks97cobra
2015-04-05, 04:19 AM
The next room is much the same as the last one. It s covered in slime, but there are no living jellies. There are a pair of bunkbeds, most likely some of the children's rooms. As you travel down the hallway, you realize the end of the hall turns left into a stairway leading down into the cellar.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-05, 09:27 AM
The cellar... Blightmist hesitated. "We should clear the other rooms on the ground floor. We can go down into the cellar and investigate the second story properly once we're well rested," the cleric suggests as she searches the slime filled room. "The cellar will have the most wine, but it will also have the most danger. It's best to leave it for last."

r2d2go
2015-04-05, 05:21 PM
Zander helps with the search, nodding at Blightmist's suggestion. So, anyone know if that cube will do the same mitosis-thing if I Cloud of Daggers?

Knowledge Arcana if it helps: [roll1]

niks97cobra
2015-04-06, 02:24 AM
Searching the room you find a few bottles of wine, but all but one have ruined.

The slime in the kitchen (OOC:)
I'm gonna go with you don't know for sure. I don't want slimes, jellies etc to be something so common that you would actually know about it. You should take the same precautions as having dealt with the ones you already encountered, A different setting, I would take a different approach.

redfeline
2015-04-06, 02:14 PM
No idea, but I would assume so. That said we have no idea if more of the same kind is present. I also suggest as unpleasant as it may be, when we set watch today we should set a double watch. Slimes seem quiet and they come from strange places, I do not wish to be caught unaware and unable to react.

Foodle
2015-04-06, 02:27 PM

"Well the one in the kitchen was on one of those things lazy rich people have to take food upstairs. Maybe there's a crank or something in the kitchen to get it moving. We might be able to get it stuck in the walls between floors," Drask suggests as a way of dealing with the danger in the kitchen. Other than the kitchen and the cellar, it seemed like they had searched the rooms on this side of the house. But there was still the other door off the foyer that needed checking out.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-06, 03:11 PM
"That seems risky. But perhaps no more risky than trying to fight it or smoke it out in some other way," Blightmist admits. "In that case we should head to the second floor so we can access the top of the dumb waiter their. If we can clear out the second story we can also set up camp there. Anything hiding in the cellar would have a harder time sneakin up on us if they need to go up two stories rather than one. A double watch may still be needed even so."

Foodle
2015-04-06, 05:04 PM

"And the stairs would probably break if anything tried to climb them," Drask agrees. "We might have to climb up to the landing without using them ourselves."

redfeline
2015-04-06, 05:54 PM
I have very little doubt that we will have to avoid the stairs. It appeared to me that trying to go up them was more likely to put one in cellar than the second floor. In any case I have rope if we can find a stable place to attach it.

niks97cobra
2015-04-07, 07:33 PM
Using rope to get up to the second floor is easy enough. Also, you hear nothing behind the door to the room you have not entered.

redfeline
2015-04-08, 02:15 PM
Well lets clear the second floor, and camp for the night.

niks97cobra
2015-04-08, 09:48 PM
We doing a short or long rest?

Anubis Dread
2015-04-08, 11:08 PM
"Let's clear everything before we set up camp. As it stands... I need to reprepare my spells to hunt down more of the wine bottles. But we can still likely deal with a few enemies before I run out of my current magic. We could clear a few more rooms downstairs and come back if there is no real enemies up here to deal with?" Blightmist proposed as he poked his head into the room to the left.

r2d2go
2015-04-08, 11:15 PM
Zander nods. "I haven't used most of my stronger conjurations, mostly because I don't think anything we've fought would be bothered by a Stinking Cloud, and we've been indoors most of the time, so Call Lightning isn't too effective..."

He sighs, then shrugs. "But I can always enhance lower-power spells. Clearing a few rooms would be well within the scope of my arcane reserves."

niks97cobra
2015-04-10, 01:02 AM
Peaking in the final room downstairs reveals a parlor that is covered in the same slime. There are long couches, a large marble bar and numberous stuffed animals heads including an owlbear, a moose, fangtusk boar and a complete brown bear. There is a fireplace with a burned up stuffed lynx. Lurking among the slime on the ceiling is two ochre jellies. Rats struggle in the slime on the ground, which what must be keeping these oozes fed.

Ochre Jellys
J1 HP: 57
J2 HP: 54

Characters:
Zander: AC 13, HP 42/ 45+5 for 8 hours
Blightmist: 21 AC, HP 31/ 45+ 5 for 8 hours

Foodle
2015-04-10, 04:13 AM

"I hope we find a bath tub in here somewhere..." Drask mutters to himself as he wades forward with his maul to deal with the Jelly Slimes again.

Maul @ Jelly 1

Total: 15

Overall Total: 29 blugeoning.

Also, didn't Blightmist cast prayer of healing earlier? I think we should all be topped off or close to it.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-10, 08:34 AM
He wasn't getting near those things again. His armor was still caked in the stuff. Muttering under his breath, Blightmist instead sends forth a bolt of light at the enemy.

Guiding Bolt vs J1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] and next person who attacks it has Advantage

r2d2go
2015-04-11, 12:52 PM
Zander fires another trio of arcane missiles while considering what to do with the rest of his spells. Probably more Clouds... Though, something big probably deserves an Enlarge on Drask... Hm...

[roll0] at a damaged one.

redfeline
2015-04-12, 09:48 PM
Luna lunges foreward and jabs twice with the javlin. Both strikes find her mark.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

niks97cobra
2015-04-13, 02:35 AM
One of the jellies is easily dismantled. The other strikes out at Luna for attacking it.

Attack on Luna
Bludgeoning: [roll1]
Acid: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

Ochre Jellys
J1 HP: Dead
J2 HP: 47

Characters:

Foodle
2015-04-13, 05:46 AM

It seemed like they were getting good at this, battling slime creatures. One down and no one the worse for it. It helped somewhat that they weren't multiplying on them this time too he guessed. Just one more to go.

Slipping around to what he thought was the back of it as it struck out towards Luna, the dragonborn slams the head of maul at it again.

Maul @ J2

Overall Damage: 27 bludgeoning

Anubis Dread
2015-04-13, 08:50 AM
If this kept up they could probably clear the entire mansion in one day. But that would be foolishly risky. For now Blightmist simply moves forward and bashes the enemy with his mace.

redfeline
2015-04-13, 01:09 PM
Luna easily dodge the pseudopod before letting two of her own reckless attacks go at it.

Reckless attacks, advantage to enemies attacking Luna and she has advantage on attacks this round.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] reckless attack (advantage)
[roll2] damage
[roll3] crit

[roll4] attack
[roll5] reckless attack (advantage)
[roll6] damage
[roll7] crit

r2d2go
2015-04-13, 01:56 PM
Seeing that his allies have made short work of the oozes, Zander merely keeps vigilant for further threats.

niks97cobra
2015-04-14, 01:33 AM
The slime from the jellies drips from the ceiling.

OOC:
The ooze in the other room is easily picked off from above or below, so I don't think we need to go through that. Take a long rest and we can venture into the cellar.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-14, 08:38 AM
The cellar would be deadly. Blightmist was sure of it. His Augury had told him that sweeping this place would be both a Weal and a Woe. Nothing they had faced so far was nearly deadly enough to be considered to be a Woe. Therefore whatever had triggered that result had to be in the cellar. On the other hand the cellar was also going to be the place most of the wine was. He would prepare to search the rest of the manor as well with his magic, but until they did so it was almost guaranteed anything he picked up would be down there.

It was a simple enough task to barricade the hallway. The hallway, not the room. Nobody really wanted to sleep in a bunch of slime.

Long Rest? Alright, swapping out Purify Food and Drink for Detect Objects. Also once the long rest is over will cast Augury to ask 'What can we expect to find in the basement?' and will ritual cast Detect Poison and Diseases. I'll keep ritual casting that one whenever it expires.

redfeline
2015-04-14, 10:07 AM
I'll take the first watch. Luna adjusts her javelin in her grip. It was something to do with her hands but wasn't nearly as satisfying as loosening her sword in the scabbard had become. Apparently spitfire's flame was a way to acquire bad habits.

niks97cobra
2015-04-15, 03:02 AM
Augury
Once again, you get woe and weal.

redfeline
2015-04-16, 09:08 PM
Luna eats her rations of jerky and nuts before asking Learn anything from your god?

Anubis Dread
2015-04-16, 11:17 PM
"That our suspicions are correct. The basement promises both high rewards and high risk. Between this and yesterday however I suspect Vivicous is testing my faith by seeing if I will continue with our mission despite her warnings that it may not be worth it," Blightmist sighed. "With this warning we should simply cut our losses and leave, but we can't leave without at least trying for the basement. We'll just have to be careful."

niks97cobra
2015-04-17, 05:50 AM
Heading down the steps leading to the cellar, you come to a doorway. You hear nothing behind the doorway.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-17, 09:18 AM
Sometimes Blightmist missed having someone stealthy in the party. As it was without someone who could sneak ahead their best bet was to charge in and take whatever was in there head on. Being if not the toughest at least the one who possessed the best armor, the cleric opened the door and stepped through.

redfeline
2015-04-17, 12:49 PM
Luna follows Blight into the next room.

niks97cobra
2015-04-18, 06:24 AM
Swinging open the door reveals a cobbled stone room. There appears to have once been another entrance to the room from outside, most likely to the huts out back where workers would have brought cars of grapes for the process of creating the wine. There are several rotting baskets and cars scattered about the room. The smell of mold a must lurks down here. In the corner of the room are four skeletal remains. Their clothes are old and tattered and a pair have rust, old armor. All their weapons of rusted. It appears they are a group of perished adventurers, completed with tattered backpacks and other rotting goods. Three are medium sized, most likely either elf or human, and the fourth is either a dwarf or halfling.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-18, 09:12 AM
"That bodes well. Stay sharp everyone. The moment we hit heavy resistance we are retreating, bottles or no," Blightmist reiterated as he stepped over to the bodies and searched them. Fully expecting them to either come to life and attack or have whatever killed them drop from the ceiling on top of him.

Investigation: [roll0]

redfeline
2015-04-18, 01:43 PM
Luna moves near the failed adventuring party. Why did they add die in one spot and what killed them? She looks about for traps and the like, or any subtle clues.

r2d2go
2015-04-18, 02:40 PM
Zander walks with Blightmist, helping the search. [roll0], if nothing is found and nothing is threatening, take ten for the 23.

Foodle
2015-04-19, 01:19 AM

Drask hangs back and quickly recasts the spell he'd used earlier. Dead adventurers were not a good sign. You don't go poking around in a slime infested manor house and make it this far unless you knew something about how to use those weapons. Or maybe they had come in another way and avoided the slimes and gargolyes above.

Watching the other directions and the ceiling (after the last few things they'd found), the bronze dragonborn kept watch while the other's inspected the things in the room.

Casting Aid again on Drask, Zander and Blightmist. +5HP (Current and Max) for 8 hours.

Then standing watch.
Perception: [roll0] (Wow, Drask and Blightmist must have been up all night drinking those bottles of wine)

niks97cobra
2015-04-19, 06:41 AM
Despite Drask and Blightmist nearly destroying everything they stepped on as they searched the room, Zander finds a satchel buried beneath a shield next to the halfling skeleton. Inside is a single, unbroken bottle of wine. Beyond this room, a large hall slopes downward. Beyond the arched entrance way of the hall, you can see giant wine crushers, where the grapes of the vineyard were smashed to make wine.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-19, 11:09 AM
So... did whatever killed these adventurers drag their bodies out there? Were they poisoned and only fell dead here? Or was there something that sometimes lived or occupied this room that wasn't currently? The first was most likely, but any answer was concerning.

"One room, one bottle. Let's keep at it," Blightmist told the others as he took a moment to renew his rituals and walked into the next room. All the equipment was still here... perhaps they really could retake this place and start making wine again? If it was this valuable it would likely make Lady Spitfire incredibly pleased with them if they could begin producing it rather than just salvaging it.

Renewing Detect Poison and Diseases

redfeline
2015-04-20, 02:06 PM
Yes, less get going. She took one last look at the skeletons, disappointed the mystery of their deaths would not be solved right now.

r2d2go
2015-04-20, 05:36 PM
Zander nods, though he keeps an eye out and a spell on his lips.

niks97cobra
2015-04-21, 02:14 AM
Moving onto the next room, there are several crushers, used to crush the grapes of the room. There are eight of them, all with a weird pink slime oozing out of them. At the end of this crushing room is a closed door leading to another room.

Foodle
2015-04-21, 03:42 AM

Drask steps forward to lead the way past the huge wine presses. "Think what's left in these is still good?" he asks pausing at the second one, his fist moving to rap on one of the machines before stopping mid-action as he remembered the coffins in the tomb. He gives the others a questioning look then runs one of his clawed fingers under the tap, getting some of the pink stuff on it and sniffing it to see if it was good before licking the stuff off his finger if it still smells like wine.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-21, 09:32 AM
"This looks like another ooze rather than wine... still it's worth investigating. If there's any wine in the crushers we may be able to bottle it," Blightmist shrugs as he examines the room.

Also Detect Poison and Disease is online, are there any in the crushers? I don't think they're thick enough to block detection through them.

redfeline
2015-04-21, 12:48 PM
Luna carefully reaches for her blade. This room seemed a good place for an ambush.

niks97cobra
2015-04-22, 12:24 AM
The pink stuff smells like white zinfandel, which it appears was the last wine created in the room. Though you aren't quite certain if the slime is poisoned in anyway, your limited knowledge of the process of wine making would still encourage you not to taste any.

Foodle
2015-04-22, 04:24 AM

Frowning at the stuff on his finger Drask wipes his hand clean on the side of one of the presses and continues on to the door. He gives the door a cursory look over for any obvious traps or slime seeping through from under the bottom, then grabs the handle and opens the door quietly.

redfeline
2015-04-22, 02:41 PM
Luna moves to the door, behind drask as quietly as she can on a hard wood floor.

niks97cobra
2015-04-22, 11:33 PM
Opening door reveals the barrel room. Dozens and dozens of barrels of wine sit along the walls of this hallway. Various colors of slime coat the room. Some of the barrels have been destroyed or looted over time. Many have spoiled or been destroyed by the slime.

It would be extremely lucky to find a barrel of wine that was still good. One barrel could make 300 bottles of wine.

Each of you may make two d20 checks, with no modifiers, to successfully find a good barrel. Only a 20 succeeds.

Foodle
2015-04-22, 11:41 PM

"Might be for the best if we don't mention the state we found the wine in when we return to Lady Spitfire," Draks says moving about the room, tapping barrels with his fist and pulling open those that weren't empty to check for wine. A little bit of slime probably wouldn't hurt anyone he hoped, and those stuffy rich people would shun their gifts if they knew the wine had been pulled from a barrel covered in some creatures unknown slime.

After some time he rolls a barrel out of one of the heaps and sets it carefully near the door back the way they had come. "I think this one might actually still be drinkable," he says sniffing at the lid.

Check One: [roll0]
Check Two: [roll1]; Ching Ching $$$

r2d2go
2015-04-22, 11:48 PM
Zander also takes a look around, nodding in agreement. "If it's still good, it's still good, no need to ruin anyone's appetite. Can't find any good ones over here, though. Do you think that barrel will fit in a Haversack?"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Anubis Dread
2015-04-22, 11:57 PM
Blightmist cursed to himself. "I don't think so. If it DID I could just cast my spell to locate another good barrel of wine. But since we can't take it to another plane of existence it would just pick it up again. Though we could move it out of the room and then cast it... but we can just search them by hand I suppose," the cleric sighed.

Casting Locate Object would probably go against the spirit of the roll since it's more luck than searching right? [roll0], [roll1]

redfeline
2015-04-23, 01:01 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Blight do you ever worry about relying on your spells to much? I mean deffinitly see the utility, and I am very happy when every you heal me. But, why not just check the barrels by hand, it isn't very difficult.

Anubis Dread
2015-04-23, 01:40 PM
"The magic of a cleric is the very will of their diety flowing into the world," Blightmist explains as he checks a few more barrels. It seemed as though Drask's was the only one in good condition. Which would still get them more gold than he could even comprehend. "Is is imbued into me by Vivicous herself each morning with my prayers. Every spell is her breath brought into being. Every incantation a prayer to her majesty. It feels almost sacrilegious to have her blessings still within me when I ask her for more. I don't think I rely on magic, I simply find the act of using it to be a form of devotion to my goddess. That said using it in this particular instance would be rather wasteful," he admitted.

redfeline
2015-04-23, 06:38 PM
My tribe told me, my duty was to meet nature half way. Our crops would grow, but only with care. We would find game, but only if we offered thanks to the spirit of the animal and worked hard to find it.

She turned to Blight But I do see your point. A child who asks for more while wasting what has is likely to be spanked and go with out.

niks97cobra
2015-04-24, 01:46 AM
Just as Drask is lucky enough to find the treasure of wine, Zander is unlucky enough to check one barrel that has been invaded by a slime, which has turned a dark red color, must have been a merlot barrel, and it attacks.

Attack on Zander
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If the attack is successful, need a con save DC 12 or poisoned for 1 hour.

Wine Slime
HP: 52

Characters:

Blightmist
Your spell would have told you many of them were still good, however, checking to find out if they are good and not destroying the wine is a difficult and lucky process, thus no need for the spell.

r2d2go
2015-04-24, 02:19 AM
Zander yells in Gnomish and stumbles back, then regains his footing and dodges away while grumbling something about "inefficient arcane power usage" and "damned slimes".

Disengage and back off.

Foodle
2015-04-24, 04:41 AM

<Just found a massive barrel! Should be out soon,> Drask sends mentally to Silverstep quite happy with his find. At the sound of yelling though he turns back around. "Can you look after that?" he asks of Blightmist, indicating the barrel, before picking up his maul and rushing past the fleeing Zandar towards the latest slime.

Move: Into range of the Slime if possible

Action: Maul @ Merlot Slime

Total: 12

Total Damage: 26 Bludgeoning

Anubis Dread
2015-04-24, 10:39 AM
How had his spell not detected the presence of this creature? The wine barrels must be thicker than he thought. Luna was right. He relied on his magic too much at times. He wanted to rely on Vivicous's blessings, but that was no reason to slack off and get careless.

Marching towards the slime Blightmist pulls out his mace and swings.

redfeline
2015-04-24, 03:38 PM
Luna rushes forward and stabs twice with her javlin in hand.

Enters rage, +2 damage and 1/2 damage.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Two quick stabs and the slime turns a blood red color... actually it was always that color.

niks97cobra
2015-04-25, 03:39 AM
The room is silent after the death of the slime. There is a door way leading both to the right and the left. On the north wall is set a sealed medal gate (DC 15 Str to open).

Anubis Dread
2015-04-25, 12:15 PM
When in doubt, pry open the most secure looking door. After taking a quick break to renew his spell Blightmist began to pull at the door attempting to force it open.

Recasting Detect Poison and Diseases

Strength: [roll0]

niks97cobra
2015-04-26, 03:23 AM
Opening the door release ten odd looking, slime covered zombies in a long, dug out tunnel. The zombies spring to life, charging Blightmist, but he is quick to dodge out of the way of their claws.

Blightmist
They are diseased.

Attacks on Blightmist
Z1
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Z2
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Z3