PDA

View Full Version : Building Blade

Uhtred
2015-03-02, 10:08 AM
So I'm playing in a new, high-op 3.5/Pathfinder game where the DM is being a little loosey-goosey with the material he's allowing his players to use to build, using my blastificer as the benchmark. A Tier 1 built and optimized to do what Tier 1's do, essentially, is what everyone else is aiming at.
One guy is a huge Marvel fan, loves Blade in particular, and chose to build a Dhampir multiclass Gunslinger/Inquisitor which has left everyone in the entire party skeptical. Not because of the power level, which is middling at best, but because everyone in the party was able to suggest a better build. We don't want him to get up and walk away from the table because he can't keep up with the rest of us, and while the rest of us can easily make up for the gaps he's creating with the character we want him to be able to run with us!
I personally suggested dropping the gunslinger levels and taking Firearm Proficiency and the Amateur Gunslinger feat so that his Inquisitor spellcasting and class features are progressed to the maximum, if what he really wanted was a gun-using Inquisitor. The other people in the party suggested the Holy Gun Paladin archetype, the actual Blade-inspired vampire hunting Dhampir Inquisitor archetype, And Investigator (for the alchemical hoodoo) with Firearms proficiency and Amateur Gunslinger.
Does his build have ANY merit? He's talking Gunslinger 4/Inquisitor 5, and since the modern firearms are allowed going Revolver/Shotgun. With Bayonets, obviously, for when things get too close for comfort.
I know the goal is ultimately for the player to have a fun time, and if he can be happy with this build than more power to him. We just want him to be able to have fun and stand on his own in a high-op game, is all.