PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 Chameleon Gish - need help with feats

Aetolus
2015-03-02, 04:16 PM
Objective:
An overall easy-to-play gish that primarily does damage in melee and makes extensive use of swift action casting. I'm looking for a strong set of melee feats that synergize with the build.

Current build:
Feat Rogue 1/Duskblade 4/Chameleon 10
I was thinking Combat Reflexes Able learner, Arcane Strike, Smiting Spell, knowledge devotion and practiced spellcaster. I'm built 18STR>16INT>14DEX>12CON>10WIS>8CHA and the DM has granted me special permission to use a Lucerne Hammer from DM331.

What's on the chopping block:
The Rogue level, one Duskblade level and all the feats except able learner (Obviously).

Limitations:
No campaign setting material, no Incarnum, no flaws. DM seems to find a way to interpret his way out of interesting RAW, such as Battle Jump or Aptitude enhancement.

herrhauptmann
2015-03-02, 10:50 PM
You could do a mini-charger in there.

Power attack, leap attack, improved bullrush+shock trooper. (Or improved sunder+combat brute)
With that strength, tripping is also an option. Especially if you choose spells to boost that ability (size/strength)

Rebel7284
2015-03-02, 11:10 PM
Cleric 1 dip for DMM is something I often see. That way your divine spells can be all-day buffs and your arcane spells can be swift action buffs.

Forrestfire
2015-03-03, 01:19 AM
I'd drop the Rogue and 4th Duskblade level for a dip each into Cloistered Cleric and Dragonfire Adept. The former gets you knowledge devotion and possibly most of the parts to DMM Persist (and otherwise feats and abilities off domains). The latter gets you the Draconic Knowledge invocation, which grants a +6 untyped bonus to all knowledge checks, and lets you be treated as trained in them. Just these two together massively buffs Knowledge Devotion.

Troacctid
2015-03-03, 02:06 AM
A level in one of the Tome of Battle classes would give you some strong tactical options for melee combat.

Aetolus
2015-03-03, 02:08 PM
This was really helpful, guys.

Chronos
2015-03-03, 05:51 PM
Quoth Rebel7284:

Cleric 1 dip for DMM is something I often see. That way your divine spells can be all-day buffs and your arcane spells can be swift action buffs.
This is especially handy for a Chameleon, since once you get the ability to change your focus mid-day, you could start off the day divine, cast all of your all-day buffs, and then switch to some other focus for the rest of the day.

herrhauptmann
2015-03-03, 06:24 PM
This is especially handy for a Chameleon, since once you get the ability to change your focus mid-day, you could start off the day divine, cast all of your all-day buffs, and then switch to some other focus for the rest of the day.

Wouldn't those still count against your spells/day?

Chronos
2015-03-03, 11:15 PM
Spells per day are counted separately for arcane and divine focus.