PDA

View Full Version : PTU Ambitions and Glory: Victory or Tragedy

Pages : [1] 2

Eshkigal
2015-03-02, 06:17 PM
Welcome again, friends, to the world of Pokemon! What has happened until this point has been...complicated. There have been demigods and demons, the fall of a city, the unknown rise of another. Travel to realms beyond, the meeting and departure of a multitude of new friends.

Here, we come to see Avery, Cain, Shaun, and Xiri. One a dead girl who managed to claw her way back to the land of the living. Another a girl with a god growing in her mind and in her bag. One of the last of a city led by a gym leader that tried to drown the world in madness, his dreams in tatters, his life in shambles, with no idea what is to come next. The last a hunter who has found himself brought to help this strange collection, and aiding a spirit in search for its other half. As they found one another, many other faces came and went, seeking their own adventures. Right now, they are traveling to Mahogany after a harrowing time in Ecruteak, the four having conquered the madness of the Ghost Gym, bound in the Distortion. They now find themselves in a field of fallen foes, mankey and primeape littering the ground as two help wounded...potential allies. Though considering one of their number had been assaulted by Avery, they may be foes too. However, right now they are looking at the friendly ghost curiously, trying to figure out what she means. The pangoro slaps the ground at her question, aura burning stronger as it slowly recovers more from being beaten by these foes, aura burning with confidence and pride. This is home. This is theirs. The others work to take care of their own teams, none lost but some wounded.

Merilan
2015-03-02, 07:51 PM
Xiri looks a little sad, that they've had to be attacked in their own homes - even if what they did was brave, standing their ground to defeat it. What caused everyone to be so... angry? Does this happen all the time? I want to help.

The ghost girl's Aura ebbs and flows with her sincerity.

Eshkigal
2015-03-02, 08:11 PM
They just kind of shrug, and point to the primeape and mankey.
"Oi, Boss, maybe it's just what I heard, but these guys are known for attitude problems. Maybe they're just jerks?"
The pangoro and simisage shrug and nod a bit at that. Looking at the pokedex screen shows Kongou holding the pokedex entry like a book.
"This also says they tend to be territorial an' brutal. So either they spotted these guys, or they're expanding out. Meaning they're getting close to human lands anyway. Or...if they are fleeing something, it's a whole lot nastier than these guys, so we'd need to take precautions."

Toxic Mind
2015-03-02, 10:40 PM
"That's the first rational thing I've heard out of you, Ghost in the Pokedex." Shaun says, his face still down as he applies bandages to Phos to help his recovery. Next to him sits his Capture Styler, in easy reach in case the Pangoro decides that their help was less than appreciated.

Merilan
2015-03-03, 03:24 AM
Xiri looks a little intimidated by the description, but it doesn't look like the Pangoro or Simisage were going to bowl her over with their claws or anything. She also pets Kongou on the... err, top of the Pokedex, beaming with happiness that her Rotom is doing its best to be helpful!

But Kongou's description also brings a point of curiousity. Are you... running away from something...? she inquires, her Aura gaining a lace of trepidation around it.

Esprit15
2015-03-03, 06:41 AM
"Thuggish Fighting types. Reminds me of... home," Angelo says, pausing abruptly as he remembers that there are no remants of that. He was one of the last people to have memories of life in that city before its destruction. Retribution flared in his mind; one day, someone would have to answer for what happened to Saffron.

But not right now. Right now his group had to stay safe. They would be important to his own survival. "Are you certain you are alright?" he asks Avery as he finishes applying a bandage.

Ionbound
2015-03-03, 07:22 PM
Avery nods and says, "Yeah, I'm okay. Just a bit scratched up. Thanks for the help with the bandages, Angelo."

Eshkigal
2015-03-08, 11:19 PM
"Eh? Boss lady, I didn't mean them, I meant...okay, you wanna believe that, let's go with that."
Meanwhile, the pangoro and the simisage look at you kinda weird, trying to figure out what the hell you meant. Meanwhile, Kongou looks over to the mankey and primeape now and then.
Avery's leg gets bandaged up, as do your teams. Do you leave the two wilds where they lay? Do you make mankey soup? Or do you continue onwards?

Merilan
2015-03-09, 02:15 AM
Xiri blinks once, shamed at her misunderstanding. She shakes her head, but then redoubles her earnestness as she cups her hands together. I mean... is there something -- out there, in this plain, agitating everyone? Did something agitate that pack... something frightening?

Toxic Mind
2015-03-10, 03:34 PM
"We should move on." Shaun says, standing. "If something frightened them, then we do not nt to meet it." He turns to the Pangoro and its companion. "Can you move enough to get away before these ones wake up? I don't ant to leave you in the same situation we found you."

Eshkigal
2015-03-15, 08:40 PM
The wilds look to each other, then to you, and slowly nod. Something roams the dark places, apparently. Something big, something terrifying, and it's deeper in the woods...

Ionbound
2015-03-15, 10:50 PM
Avery stares off into the woods and says, "You said something big drove the Mankey into these woods, right? What if...What if it kept going?"

Esprit15
2015-03-15, 11:07 PM
"Let me guess: what if we go and find it?"

Merilan
2015-03-16, 03:31 AM
Xiri looks with concern, but nods in gratitude to the both of them. She looks towards her companions; she'd be loathe to leave the wilds agitated to this dark thing, after all, but they've more of a stake in their adventure than she does right now to needlessly endanger them.

Toxic Mind
2015-03-16, 08:02 AM
"If it chases a pack of these into a human town, the consequences for both could be grave indeed. I do not like diverting from our goal, but this is a worthy cause."

Esprit15
2015-03-16, 05:44 PM
"Why do I always end up with the white knight..." Cain mumbles to himself. "Well, why not. I need a new scar - this one in my stomach is boring already." He would need strength, after all, for his future plans.

Eshkigal
2015-03-17, 12:53 AM
With that in agreement, the party decides to make a small detour, though considering that heading towards the mountains should mean less worries about gyarados infested (and carved) rivers, that may be a good thing. Getting the pangoro and simisage safely situated away and using the angry mankey as impromptu pillows-you try getting up when a giant bear with a grudge is sitting on you-the party begins making its way into the woods. Hours of travel in, the first signs of something wrong are showing up, as you finally find a notable gap in the tree cover. This lets you see the sky, and even in the diminishing light of the sun you see great clouds of smoke trailing from beyond the mountains into the woods, a great and ugly black scar burnt upon the slope of a mountain a few dozen miles in the distance and descending into the forest, a cloud of bird mon then flying past the gap as fast as possible. Some have burns on their bodies, and panic is evident enough that reading auras is redundant. But, something's off about this still...
(Perception checks people)

Esprit15
2015-03-17, 02:17 AM
There was so much damage, here. What could cause this scope of damage? It was impressive.
[roll0]

Ionbound
2015-03-17, 08:47 AM
Avery blinks and says, "Wow...What could have caused this kind of devastation? Surely...Surely not just one pokemon, right?"

4d6+4[/roll]

Toxic Mind
2015-03-17, 09:12 AM
One angry fire pokemon. Shaun says, looking around. Or a whole lot of smaller ones.

Eshkigal
2015-03-17, 01:46 PM
Looking through the gap, Cain, Shaun, and Avery notice that there is a point where it seems to slowly be moving towards Mahogany, judging by the fact it seems to have the least amount of smoke and steam currently while also being too strange, too direct, for its movement to be natural. However, Avery notices something a little extra. On one of the birds, there is a rough handprint that couldn't be anything but human. As it flies by, she can't help but remember about the existence of firebringers, those who have great pyrokinetic abilities...

Ionbound
2015-03-17, 02:47 PM
Avery blinks as she sees the bird and then says, "I...I really hope I'm wrong. But...We might be dealing with an out-of-control firebringer. Which is really bad."

Merilan
2015-03-17, 03:13 PM
Xiri quietly kneels by one of the bird Pokemon, her expression just as saddened as she was before; she looks to Avery, then the others. She shuts her eyes, and her Aura grows with a resolute concern:

If we don't control it, the fire could spread very wide and consume the wilds.

Xiri's Perception: (2d6+2)[6]
Kongou's Perception: (2d6)[6]

Esprit15
2015-03-17, 04:48 PM
"Well I guess we best control him," Cain says calmly, not slowing down. Firebringer, eh? That sounded like a proper challenge.

Ionbound
2015-03-17, 04:50 PM
Avery nods and says, "Yeah. We need to help whoever this is."

Toxic Mind
2015-03-17, 05:12 PM
"Or stop them before they hurt anything or anyone else." Shaun says, a somber look on his face. Whoever or whatever this thing was, it was causing untold amounts of harm. It needed to be stopped.

Eshkigal
2015-03-20, 02:36 PM
In agreement (even if one of your number is less than enthused at the idea of risking his own neck for nothing), the group once again sets out, trying to cut ahead a bit to reach this walking conflagration without having to run through an inferno. As you get closer, you see more pokemon fleeing and scurrying away, shrieks and howls of fear as the fires roar gets ever closer, lighting the night sky with a glow like dawn in the distance. Which slowly becomes closer, and closer, as you decide your best work will be in stopping it at its source. However, you end up wearied as you get stuck in the blaze, unable to keep pace with the Firebringer. However, you do eventually figure out your angle of approach you're barely keeping out of the inferno, smoke burning in your lungs. Which is when you finally see...you can't even tell gender at this point. Stumbling the brush is what you know must once have been a man. Once, before the flames licked all that they were away, leaving a charred body, burnt and scarred skin cracking and splitting as they cough up smoke from a lipless mouth, their very touch burning all they touch as they give a plaintive, almost pathetic mewl of pain. There is no fat upon it, as skin and flesh bubble and fry, the putrid stench of burning human flesh almost stronger than the smell of smoke. What seems to be glowing veins of molten rock pulse beneath its charred flesh, and it stares, ever onward it stares, eyelids having burnt away years ago, with eyes that seem closer to burnt out embers at this point.
Beside it stride two pokemon, one a great snail made of fire and stone trying to give this thing, this...Burning Man some support in their stumbling. The other is a hound, two curled horns jutting out of its skull as it howls and roars, shouting either warning or death to the heavens in its travels. They are the only things that don't burn in this hellish conflagration, the Klaxon shouting its warning and the only thing able to stand freely within this roaming Holocaust.

The auras of the three are strange. The human bears no malice to any that are near, but something far away. But its aura is clouded by pain and suffering, ones ground deep in. Decades spent burning, unable to put itself out, unable to find even the mercy of death. It wants nothing more than to have the hurting stop, and it is a maddening drive. But it seems to stare at you for a minute, the faintest glimmer of recognition before the pain blinds it again. The pokemon feel great duty and care for their companion, and a sadness at seeing it this way, but are too strongly loyal. They will fight any risk to it, to the last, without a second thought.

Ionbound
2015-03-20, 04:54 PM
Avery's eyes widen when she sees the corrupted Flamebringer and says hoarsely, "Dear Arceus...What...What happened to her..."

Merilan
2015-03-20, 10:49 PM
"Oi, Boss, you gotta pull it together..." Kongou, for once, sounds a little concerned, the Pokedex bobbing up and down over the white-haired girl. Xiri doesn't seem to be doing too well in this area, fume and smoke odours messing with her senses and slowing her. It's doubled, when the burning man approaches them, and she pulls her head up to stare amidst leaning against something - anything - sturdy, and not on fire or hot.

She puts her fingers to her temples, eyes shut, a little hunched over. She echoes, to her companions, It wants help... please stop the pain... I've been engulfed in flame... for so long... as she struggles to translate the creature's suffering to them.

Esprit15
2015-03-20, 11:04 PM
"If it wants to be put out of its misery, it looks like those two will need to be dealt with first. It's easy enough for Avery and myself to smother him, should he so desire, but it won't do any good if the Pokémon following him kill us first."

Toxic Mind
2015-03-20, 11:26 PM
"This is beyond my realm of expertise. Tell me how to help." Shaun says, clearly out of his element. That person shouldn't be alive. The thought plays over and over in his mind.

Ionbound
2015-03-21, 10:24 AM
Avery blinks at Cain and says, "We shouldn't kill him! Not unless there's no other way to help him. We've got to try to figure out how to put him back to normal!"

Esprit15
2015-03-21, 11:12 AM
"Alright, so let's say we go with your idea: where are we going to find a lab that specializes in human experimentation? I suspect the one he came from is a bit lacking in the still existing department. Or are you going to cure him yourself? I'd love for this to turn out happy, but I need to see how that's going to happen first." There is no malice in Angelo's voice, simply cold logic. "Sarin, do you have an alternate opinion?"

I... I want to try saving him... How do you want to save him, Avery?

Merilan
2015-03-21, 02:35 PM
Xiri is on her knees on the ground now as she refocuses herself for a second attempt, having lapsed out due to the intensity of the Burning Figure's pain. It... it harbours no resentment to us. It harbours resentment to something else... elsewhere...

She tries to pierce deeper, to try to build a stronger connection, through the pain and the shock, even relenting herself to the sensation of being aflame, to try to see if she can't get a better sense of who it is this poor figure harbours resentment towards.

[roll0] Intuition for Aura Sense

Ionbound
2015-03-21, 02:36 PM
Avery shakes her head and says, "I...I don't know...But we can't just leave him like this...Surely there's somewhere we can take him."

Eshkigal
2015-03-21, 04:12 PM
As you stand among yourselves, you become more and more aware that you are currently arguing in the middle of a forest fire as the smoke begins choking you again. May want to get out of the blaze spreading from this thing first...
You get a brief mental flash. Being in a tube, banging on glass as masked faces look on. Gas that burns being introduced around you, causing the heat deep within to shoot to the surface, eating you from inside out as you burn. Pain as you scream the terrifield wail of one burning, a wail that doesn't end until you can no longer breathe, the feeling of ash and soot clogging your lungs as you beat on the glass with weakening strength, for hours, maybe days, it doesn't matter. Seems like eternity from this view. Of seeing a bright red R on a lab coat...

That last one hits you deep, clutching your head as you remember the day you died yourself. The ones who held you had worn the same damn coat, the same symbol. They made it, and you.

Merilan
2015-03-26, 05:37 PM
Xiri's eyes widen while her pupils shrink. That symbol burns through her mind with a flashing, white-hot pierce through her clouded memories. The R. The Red R. "Ro...cket..." Xiri actually rasps out words, rather than emoting through Aura.

She bites her lip, drenched with sweat both from the intense heat around them and from the arduous pain empathy has afforded her; she looks to Shaun. He looked more keen on the wilderness, perhaps he would know or be able to trace a path through the wilds? Is there a... is there water nearby? Can we channel him towards a body of water?

Ionbound
2015-03-26, 05:52 PM
Avery's mind dings and she says, "Yeah, the rivers nearby that go into the lake of Rage...I wonder..." She turns to Cain, and says, "How much water do you think you can lift?"

Toxic Mind
2015-03-26, 07:43 PM
"It might be our best shot. But do we chase him, or lure him?"

Merilan
2015-03-26, 07:59 PM
Xiri emits, I could try to reach out to him... if you don't think that's risky?

Esprit15
2015-03-26, 08:04 PM
Cain shrugs. "I don't know, 70lbs? Maybe twice that if you're not in a hurry. Should we try to douse the fire with the river? Sarin could do another 50."

Ionbound
2015-03-26, 09:34 PM
Avery nods and says, "Xiri, try to get him to follow us. Cain, we're going to do exactly that. Let's try to douse him."

Merilan
2015-03-26, 10:18 PM
The white-haired ghost girl clutches at her chest for a moment; but then tries to energise herself for another attempt. Slowly, the ebb of her aura exudes outwards, as she focuses on her sincerity for the Burning Man's plight. She pauses, and then attempts to bridge her own plight with the man's, using the common link they have between the two:

Can you hear me...? My name is Xiri. I want to help you. We can help you. I've been hurt by Team Rocket as well. Come with us...

The red 'R' washes over her Aura for a moment, visible to everyone, as she tries to bond with the Burning Man.

Roll 22 (in OOC) Intuition for Aura Sense

Toxic Mind
2015-03-26, 11:14 PM
Shaun and Phos stand by, waiting to play guard duty if something goes wrong.

Esprit15
2015-03-28, 02:21 PM
Cain and Sarin take a quick look at the map before heading in the direction of the river, jogging and teleporting past obsticals.
Question: Can Teleportation be used as a standard action if a shift action has already been taken that turn?

Eshkigal
2015-03-30, 04:17 PM
Even as it seems closer to stumbling past you all relatively without registering your presence, Xiri forcibly connects to it, and the effect on the Burning Man is dramatic as with a sickening crack of charred flesh, it's head turns to the group, Xiri able to feel something begin to burn within it. For the first time, it tries to talk, billowing clouds of smoke rising from its mouth, tongue burnt to a crisp long ago causing it to slur the words.
"El...pfff...mheee."
It begins erratically approaching the group, the heat from before rising as it gets nearer, causing even clothing and hair to smoke as the Burning Man approaches, his two pokemon scrabbling to keep up with the sudden change, and the embers left in his eye sockets glowing brighter.
"Elphf mhee. Elphf mhee! Elphf mhee! ELPHF MHEE!"
It begins screaming the words over and over as the shambling thing approaches, eyes and head catching flame as the forest suddenly bursts into flame. Every time it shrieks the words the area near it gets hotter, the world around it and you becoming an inferno unlike any the lot of you have witnessed before, and it continues shrieking above the fire, veins glowing like a sun is trapped inside them.
"ELPHF MHEEEE!"

(Everyone is now taking damage ad if burned due to proximity. If you want some advice: run towards the water. Athletics to get there in a hurry, and trust me, you are in a hurry now.)

Xiri: Aura burns with hope. Blinding, maddening hope that hurts to look at. Burning Man wants to stop burning and is desperate enough to believe you automatically. The bad news is that you are pretty sure it can't hear anything over that mad desire and all consuming hope, including requests to stop.

Esprit15
2015-03-30, 04:34 PM
Cain pays no mind, continuing as before.
Athletics if needed, but I'm already using my standard action to teleport 4m, which is more than any sprint action will do: [roll0]

5m shift
4m teleport

Ionbound
2015-03-30, 04:51 PM
Avery shakes her head, tears boiling off her cheeks in pity of the destroyed man as she sprints as fast as she possibly can towards the river.

Athletics: [roll0]

Merilan
2015-04-09, 02:03 AM
Flecks of ember and flame start to catch onto the spectre's clothing, prompting a shriek even as she stumbles to get to her feet. She's slow and uncoordinated, and it's only through Kongou's desperate tug through the lanyard hooking the Pokedex to her collar that she's tucked upwards out of the path of a burning tree. We'll help you... we'll definitely help you...

[roll0] Athletics

Eshkigal
2015-04-13, 06:24 PM
Each of you gasps for air shortly after beginning to exert yourself in the flames, realizing that you never accounted for the smoke. Which, despite a notable gap, gives the Burning Man ample chance to reach each of you, gripping your sides while what seems like dry heaves-is it crying?-wrack it's body. While normally, you would likely comfort (or easily push off) this sort of thing, the fact that your flesh sears and clothes catch on fire by even coming into contact with the mutilated being causes you each to flail in it's impressively strong grasp, until the Houndoom knocks it's hands off with a plaintive whine. It is a long and agonizing process, which sees each of you caught once-Cain from nearly getting brained by a tree falling on where he teleported, Xiri and Avery both just too slow, and Shaun just not having sense enough to keep away, exhausting himself in the fire. But eventually, the group reaches the river, more like the finger of God had simply been dragged through in random, jagged patterns than any form of natural erosion making a miles long body of rapids before you. Behind you, the Burning Man is still hot on your trail, sobbing but still going far too strong.
"Helfth mhee, helfth mhee, Bhirning! I'm bhirning!"
(Everyone is Burned, and has lost 1/2 total HP.)

Toxic Mind
2015-04-13, 06:30 PM
Shaun coughs, then looks at his hand. It is sprayed with blood. The horror seemed to grip at his mind, paralyzing him. He staggers towards the river, then turns. "Phos. Take the fire. See if you *cough* can absorb it" The words are barely a whisper, but the growlithe runs to obey. It's abilities allow it to empower itself with flames. Perhaps the same can be done here?

Ionbound
2015-04-13, 06:35 PM
Avery coughs and dives into the river, then screams as the cooling waters' sharp contrast with her burns cause brief but intense pain before calming down. She grits her teeth and shouts, "Angelo! You ready?!" as she starts telekinetically amassing the largest mass of water she can from the river, looking to try to help put the burning man out.

Lift Pow 4's worth of water with the Telekinetic capability, preparing to throw it on the man in sync with Angelo.

Merilan
2015-04-13, 06:43 PM
Xiri is struggling, she isn't exactly the most physically capable or imposing figure; however, she doesn't dare to break her Aura link, preferring to burn if it is what it takes. She knows that the Burning Man is in an overwhelming amount of pain, a pain that clouds his senses, and it's important that she keeps this empathy up, to try to calm him -- at least long enough for Avery and Angelo to work their plan.

Just a little more...

Esprit15
2015-04-13, 06:55 PM
"We are well aware of that!" Angelo says. Yeah, the guy was in pain, but he didn't have to inflict it on them. The young man disappears into the water, cool relief washing over him and the Ralts. "Alright, let's go!" Together, the two of them pull together a decent mass of water to add to Avery's mass, pushing the liquid towards the man and replenishing it as the water evaporates.
TK Power 4 and Power 3
Staggering Limit: 140lbs and 100lbs of water

Eshkigal
2015-04-13, 07:18 PM
As Shaun looks to Phos, the small mon already seems practically glowing, heat radiating from him in waves. Gods above, did he reach full capacity from that run?
(Yes. Yes he did. Actually well past that, but that just means he takes time to cool...)
Meanwhile, Team Psychic begins pumping water onto the man, getting a wail of pain initially as steam billows out in a massive gout. But slowly, slowly, the steam slows, the veins beneath that charred flesh slowly dying down from the blaze of a volcano down to fireside embers, to barely pinpricks as its thrashing slows, and wailing grows weaker, slowly sinking to its knees, then laying down as the water pours over the charred form. A weary, slow pair of words break past the remains of its lips, as long, slow breaths exhale smoke, then steam as the water above it bubbles.
"Hfff...hffff...theeeennkkk....hfff...hfff...yhouuu ...hffff...hfff..."
As if struck by some inspiration, the magcargo slowly flows past you, vomiting molten rock into the water even as in the distance, for miles you can see any water type that can move on land easily surge out of the river to battle the blaze. as layers cool, you notice it is making some form of dam, or enclosed area for a generous amount of water to get into your tiny beach, but not back out. Could be a less taxing way to handle this, as it is taking your complete effort to keep the water flowing.

Xiri, as events take place, you feel the initial jab of pain from the steam, followed by feelings slowly shutting down, the blazing fire that is the mind still left slowly being smothered to something far more manageable. Everything in there slows down considerably, as the aura takes a calmer blue hue.

(2 Trainer experience and 100 mon exp apiece for finding a peaceful solution to the Burning Man.)

Ionbound
2015-04-13, 07:57 PM
Avery pants as she forces the last bit of water into the newly formed enclosion, then smiles and says to Angelo, "We...We should really get...Someone out here for him. D'ya think Mahogany or Ecruteak is closer?"

Esprit15
2015-04-13, 08:29 PM
"I feel Mahogony has the resources to better deal with his condition, Ice Path being so neweby..." Judgement, the power that this person had in their body, so much that he was practically bursting at the seams. Angelo kneels down by the man. "Hey, what happened to you? You looked way worse than most other Elementalists I've seen."

Eshkigal
2015-04-13, 08:44 PM
There is just the steady rasping of the charred thing's breathing for a few minutes, and you are almost certain it has gone comatose when it slowly mumbles.
"Rh...hffff....Rhauchet...hfff...bhuuurnedddd....hf ff....mheee....hfff....hfff...Bhuuurnedddd...hfff. ..thaaammmm...hfff...bhaaaack...hfff...hfff..."

Esprit15
2015-04-13, 08:53 PM
...Rocket burned me... Burn them back. The Kinetic groaned internally. He didn't care about the charred person's personal vendetta, he wanted to find a more controlled version of that power. Was he Fire attuned before Rocket, or was that the treatment? If it simply enhanced powers, that could be very useful. Still, might as well make use of him. "Alright, don't worry, we'll burn them back. Where did they do this? Where was the lab?" Angelo's voice is for the most part calming and reassuring.
Guile, for when you don't give a damn but have to pretend to: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-04-13, 09:01 PM
"hfff...ehyes...hfff...bhurnt...hfff...mhy...hfff.. .ehyes...hfff..."
It slowly reaches out of the water, hand igniting almost as soon as it breaks the surface and getting a scream from the man, as well as a particularly long gout of flame as it points up river.
"Rhafge...hfff...frahm...hfff...bhy...hfff...Rhafge ...hfff...hfff..."
With another cry, it resubmerges, water boiling further up the improvised dam. Seems the Burning Man is still running dangerously hot.

Toxic Mind
2015-04-13, 09:04 PM
Shaun keeps well away from Phos until the Growlithe can discharge the heat energy that radiates off him in waves. "Rage? Perhaps the lake?" Shaun says, trying to make sense of it.

Ionbound
2015-04-13, 09:18 PM
Avery clenches a fist, and small stones begin to float gently of the ground as her own rage builds and she says, in a low and dangerous tone, "Probably. To Mahogany it is."

Eshkigal
2015-04-13, 09:26 PM
Which is, unfortunately, easier said than done at the moment. Behind you, though the water types fight valiantly against it, a giant forest fire rages close to home, though the magcargo is now launching sand and rocks into nearby conflagration to put them out. In front of you lies a gigantic river of churning water known for periodic bouts of gyarados migration. Neither is precisely conducive to travel, and to make matters worse you are all still rather burnt and pained.

(As a note, I do use the 1.05 AP to remove wounds rule)

Esprit15
2015-04-13, 10:52 PM
"No, revenge. He wants us to take revenge for him. Look, stay by the water. We'll send someone to pick you up. Just... Don't go burning down any forests while we're gone." Angelo lets out Vix into the water, the Tentacool ecstatic to be in liquid again. "Hey Xiri, can you ask some of those Pokémon to help us over the river?" He tests the current, Sarin playing relay the thoughts from atop Angelo's head. Further in, slower, slower, slipping stop, good, good... If nothing else the Pokémon could slowly ferry everyone across, unless the current is too strong, in which case they turn back to shore.

Eshkigal
2015-04-16, 05:44 PM
As Cain moves forward into the water, he finds himself feeling the current pick up about ten feet from the shoreline. Fifteen feet from shore, rapids nearly drag him under from the currents tearing at him, just barely kept afloat by Sarin and a craglike rock he slams into, whose voice echoes in his head, as he tries to stare into the unlit distance, the light from the flames behind you not even catching the other shore at this point in the night.
Get back here now! Any further and it'll begin dragging me in if I keep trying to hold you!
(If you are serious about trying to ford the river in the middle of the night, four Athletics checks, Es.)

Merilan
2015-04-16, 09:18 PM
At first, Xiri's relief is evident, as the man's suffering begins to subside; however, it's a little short, as even afterwards, the water around him was already boiling. Was his suffering going to stop -- is it possible to prevent him from going out of control again?

Perhaps, now was the chance...

Xiri shuts her eyes again - if there was someone who could control this blaze, it must be the Burning Man himself. They could pour water on him until the waters of the world dry up, to no avail.

Can you hear me better, now? My name is Xiri. It's okay. You don't have to speak. Just feel... and I will be able to hear you. So many trees, so many animals around us are... burning. And you can help us stop it... please.

Aura Sense - Intuition
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-04-16, 09:26 PM
There's nothing from the water for a bit, but something bubbles up.
Con...trol? I don't...I can't...so tired...Too...hot...
There is no response from him, but nearby you note two mon that seem to ignore the heat. The Klaxon and the Holocaust seem to ignore the heat easily enough, the flames licking the houndoom fading and going out. Maybe the answer isn't the Man, but the Mon...

Esprit15
2015-04-17, 02:36 AM
Cain gives a silent sigh, recalling Vix as he and Sarin teleport back to shallow water, crawling out and quickly regretting the decision to go into the ice cold water in the middle of the night. "Anybody have a fire type? I think camping here tonight might be our best bet. Those rapids are nasty."

Toxic Mind
2015-04-17, 08:00 AM
Shaun merely points at Phos, still glowing incandescent from absorbing so much energy with his Flash Fire.

Ionbound
2015-04-17, 09:16 AM
Avery nods and says, "Yeah...That sounds like a good plan. I'll work on getting camp stuff together."

Merilan
2015-04-17, 02:59 PM
Xiri quietly nods towards her comrades; she's burnt, damaged, only now are her wounds starting to catch up to her. But she looks towards Shaun and Phos, the Growlithe's energy giving her a bout of inspiration as she turns towards the fire Pokemon that've stood by the Burning Man's side.

Perhaps... perhaps if you all shared the energy he was emitting? You are loyal to him, aren't you? You can help him... she asks of the Houndoom.

Eshkigal
2015-04-17, 03:32 PM
The Houndoom moves it's head to the side quizzically, trying to figure out what you mean. Eventually, after pointing at Phos (and many cries from Kongou of "No, over there you dumb sonova-"), it seems to get the idea, letting loose a great howl into the night. Why it does that is a minor mystery until more black hounds filter out of the woods, smoke filtering from their jaws as you all end up surrounded by several packs of houndour, a Houndoom leading each. However, a snarl from the Klaxon gets a their attention, and a gout of flame taller than some of the nearby trees quells any thoughts of violence rather quickly as the pecking order of the packs suddenly adjusts. Klaxon looks to you, tail wagging. Your orders?
Meanwhile, the magcargo settles down on the beach by the Burning Man's bath. From the cracks of its shell slowly ooze new faces, smaller slugma having apparently hidden in it.

Ionbound
2015-04-18, 11:42 PM
Avery comes back, carrying firewood says, "I...I'll take him back to Ecruteak. Keep an eye on him with Morty. He'll know what to do."

Esprit15
2015-04-19, 12:19 AM
"Are you sure you'll be okay? We can come with if you need." Angelo didn't want to see his new ally leave. If she wanted to though, that was on her, and he had no right to interfere there. Without her though, he didn't trust the others. The ghost girl could be manipulated, possibly, but the hunter would likely turn on him after little time, the bleeding heart.

Merilan
2015-04-19, 04:11 AM
Quietly, Xiri is sad to see Avery go; she was, after all, the one who helped her return from the Distortion Wastes, and it was no exaggeration that if it weren't for her that she would still be there, haunting the afterlife as a spirit who cannot move on.

Xiri looks towards Klaxon and quietly shuts her eyes, lacing her fingers. Everyone, please. You have the ability to absorb flame... please, save this forest - save your fellows, and help, where you can, together.

She's hoping that her aura can emanate far and strong enough to reach the pack -- it's a difficult and tall order, for her, especially after the long day and the injuries she's sustained, but...

Toxic Mind
2015-04-19, 01:37 PM
"I will be sad to see you go, Avery. But you must do what you believe is best." Shaun says with a sad smile.

Eshkigal
2015-04-21, 12:10 PM
Klaxon gives a series of barks at their hesitance to move, until Klaxon gives a low growl. Then they break, dozens going, but a few remaining, and others just moving away-they seem to not all have flash fire, but that was understandable. However, plenty remain, and...hm. They don't all appear to be the same.

http://img12.deviantart.net/f72f/i/2015/074/3/1/houndoom_breeds_by_grolderarts-d8lu2at.png

Only one pomeranian houndour is around. They don't like talking about it.

Eshkigal
2015-04-25, 11:30 AM
(Well, since no one seems to want to try for a dog or slugma, onwards. They'll still be there in the morning, at least...)

Slowly, as the hounds devour the flame, as the water boils nearby, the group falls asleep to a night of fitful dreams, in no small part from the nightmare that you bore witness to not so long ago. But in the morning, as tired pokemon slowly make their way back into the river, stray houndour choosing to gather to the strongest around, there is an odd sound that wakes you. Tiny roars wake you, and slowly you rise to find a tiny bagon and deino roaming the campsite, only shards of egg in their backpacks to show where they came from as they tug on opposite ends of a stick that was sitting around, growling at each other as they try to lay claim to the first toy they have found.

(Now is a good time to try and figure out your path)

Merilan
2015-04-25, 02:17 PM
(Nooo I want a Houndoge!)

"... Boss, Boss! Oi, Boss, wake up!"

Xiri jumps up from where she was curled up, near their campsite; at some point during the night, she appears to have made acquaintances with the doofy Pomeranian Houndour, judging from the way the rest of the pack doesn't like to talk about the poor thing. She's fed it snacks and given it a hug, at least. The white-haired girl blinks and looks around, with a tired-sounding noise of surprise, and stares towards the broken egg near her backpack and the curious Deino hopping around nearby.

Xiri doesn't look to really be familiar to this, but nonetheless her curiosity gets the better of her as she approaches and starts to pet the odd, tiny dragon. At least for right now, she looks content with the company of pokemon around.

Esprit15
2015-04-25, 02:19 PM
"Let's head upstream. Perhaps it is narrower or shallower there."

Eshkigal
2015-04-25, 02:43 PM
(Then houndour, male, level 13, pick nature, any ability but flashfire. Special quality: Poofy. Never grows bigger than a houndour even after evolving.)
Surprisingly the houndour is still near you come morning, having curled up by Xiri's head in the night. The Deino seems a bit preoccupied trying to win the stick, but gives a happy butt wag at that.

Meanwhile, the area looks easier to navigate come the morning. The opposite shore is a good mile away, sadly, but to the north there seems to be a curve near the foot of the mountains, which when you remember this river was not made by natural means makes a lot more sense. To the south, there is a small plume of smoke as a tiny dot you realize is a boat slowly goes across the channel.

Toxic Mind
2015-04-25, 03:51 PM
"There's a ferry to the south it seems. Might be safer than attempting to ford the river, even at its narrowest." Shaun says, pointing down stream towards the smoke. It seemed that some time during the night the bagon had hatched. And already arguing with another pokemon. Clearly it was going to be a handful, but Shaun was still glad it was finally out of its egg. Even with the fire pokemon hanging around, Shaun doesn't feel the need to catch one. Their pack has a well-ordered structure, and it seems Xiri has taken charge of the only outlier. Besides, Phos is enough for him. He picks up another stick from the river bank and playfully proffers it to the bagon, holding it in the air just out of reach above its head above its head. "Take it if you want it." he said, a friendly smile on his face.

Merilan
2015-04-29, 04:40 PM
Xiri smiles gently as she watches Phos and Shaun, and looks towards the Houndour sticking its tongue out and licking at her face, giggling softly. What name should I give you...?

Kongou flops around ontop of Xiri's head, still in Pokedex form, saying, "Boss, this team's gettin' big real quick, now isn't it! What's its name gonna be?"

She shuts her eyes quietly, and then decides... Rin. Rinko. Is that alright with you-- The ghost girl doesn't get that far, before she gets happily tackled by the world's doofiest-looking Houndour. She does pull up and nod to Shaun, looking to the ferry. That seems like a very good idea...

Esprit15
2015-04-29, 04:48 PM
"I'm fine just moving north of its source," Cain points out. "Cheaper than paying someone for what will amount to the same work, roughly."

Eshkigal
2015-04-29, 04:58 PM
Meanwhile, the Bagon releases their end of the stick to bite the new one, teeth already looking as though they could do some damage as they sink into the wood, tiny dragon shaking the branch about with vigorous glee. Meanwhile, the deino, suddenly pulling without resistance, tumbles back onto Xiri's foot with a little yelp. Once there, it lifts it's head to sniff around, taking extensive note of the ends of Xiri's coat before determinedly biting onto an end, chewing away with a strange gurgle of enjoyment.

Merilan
2015-05-01, 01:40 PM
"Boss-u, I think this one's yours as well... remember?" Kongou sighs.

Xiri peers to the Deino, but smiles warmly and holds her up gently, patting the small pokemon on her soft bowlcut. Hello there, little one... what name do you seek, within...

A pause, as she smiles wider. Harpe. That is your name.

Ionbound
2015-05-02, 01:08 PM
Avery waves to the others as they turn to leave, saying, "Best of luck to you all. I hope everything goes well." Once that's said, she sends a psionic message to Angelo, mentally saying, Hey, if you ever pass by Ecruteak again, come visit! I'll probably still be around.

Eshkigal
2015-05-02, 01:15 PM
The deino gives a confused gurgle as it sniffs your hand, still chewing on your coat end. After the petting begins, Harpe drops the coat and, on one of your petting attempts, begins gumming your thumb, giving a small and happy "Dein!" at that.

The vote being two to one, the group decides to head towards the Ferry. Not before Harpe also gums one of Avery's fingers and anything you guys want to say farewells, of course.

Esprit15
2015-05-02, 02:10 PM
Don't worry, I'll probably visit, Miss Avery. Here, my number is... Cain thinks as the two shake hands and part, letting her choose if she should like to contact him. Stay safe.

Merilan
2015-05-02, 02:46 PM
Xiri bows her head and -- pausing, stammers out a very uncertain and hoarse-sounding: "Thank... you, Avery." She pauses, before embarrassedly following up with her Aura: Thank you... thank you very much. Please be safe.

Eshkigal
2015-05-10, 07:10 PM
Having said your fond farewells to your friend, made in such a short period but now farther away for this last one. So the trio slowly moves their way down the coast. Tired pokemon half dowse in the rampant current below, exhausted from their efforts the night before. However, miles off the shore, twenty feet of angry serpent break the surface temporarily, but seems to be moving away, cutting a long, nasty gash in the opposite shore before plunging back into the waters. Close to 3 PM, though, you come across a large dock, where a large boat that looks like a mix of ferry and armored personnel carrier floats near, an old sailor throwing a rather large luxray some big steaks while a raichu sleeps on a nearby chair, occasionally kicking their feet.

Merilan
2015-05-10, 07:56 PM
"Whoa! Boss, check out that sweet grill setup! What're these, Navy vets or somethin'?" Kongou is excited at seeing new sights, as is Xiri... in a more sedate manner, peering towards the sailor and bowing politely to him. Good afternoon...

Eshkigal
2015-05-12, 11:32 PM
The spirits seem pleasant enough, and the raichu kicks a foot as you make contact, snoring away still. The man looks to the three of you, and waves.
"Ah, hey! New customers, eh? Name's Blake, these two're Nitro and Jumbo. Welcome to the Raging Ferry!"
The luxray gives a small roar at Nitro, and the raichu groggily sits up at Jumbo to wave before going back to sleep.
"Now, what can we do for you three? Headed across, up, or down this here river?"

Toxic Mind
2015-05-13, 02:47 PM
Shaun looks at the man. "We need to get as close to the Lake as your ferry can take us. I understand these waters are dangerous, and I would not ask you to go any farther than you are willing." Shaun smiles at the two electric pokemon. "Your Luxray is in excellent health. My father gave me a Shinx for my first pokemon when I came of age. He was a ranger in the Viridian Forest. Lots of Pikachu and Raichu in there was well. Always causing trouble during big storms." Shaun releases Hunter, so the Luxio can meet the larger pokemon. "Play nice, Hunter."

Esprit15
2015-05-13, 02:53 PM
Cain remains quiet, letting the Ranger speak for them.

Merilan
2015-05-13, 04:16 PM
Since Shaun had the discussions underway, Xiri's eyes were more gazing on the different kinds of Pokemon that she... she can't remember if she'd seen them before, some of the details before she died had become fuzzy.

"Oi, Boss, you're supposed to wave your Pokedex and record 'em, y'know, that's a trainer's duty!" Kongou beams.

Eshkigal
2015-05-16, 05:38 PM
"Ah, yeah, we can accomodate that. Part of the reason we got the rig like we do, 'case of a gyarados that gets too curious. Little scamps hate a good zap. Anyway, 400 a head, and if you need time to decide, you only got a few more minutes, I got a few customers headed that way as is."
Nitro looks at the smaller hunter, giving the luxio an appraising look. After a while, a throaty purr comes from the big cat, before they begin nuzzling-oh. Oh that's a girl luxray, that explains why they weren't getting uppity and territorial. Eventually, Jumbo awakes with a little yelp, sitting up and looking around with a strange sense of scrutiny before looking up to their owner, giving a sleepy.
"Rai?"
Blake gives the raichu's head a small rustle at that.
"That's right, Jumbo, we're headed out soon. You got that generator all charged up?"

Meanwhile, on the boat, a younger man leans against the rails, watching the mist in the distance and the surging water mon as they swam through the river around them, Grimm being more accustomed to the area than most of the people onboard save for Captain Blake, the crazy old coot had been sailing since his dad was a baby across this river. Next to him was his eldest companion, Hansel, the tympole eagerly hopping about on the end of his tail to see the area around them. He gives a low croak as he looks behind them, prompting Grimm to look back. Three trainers were talking to old Blake, Jumbo slowly getting up to board the ship. Maybe they might be good practice before Byron?

Joltzz
2015-05-16, 10:06 PM
When Hansel turned his small head, Grimm already knew enough. His funny little eyebrows hinted for what could only mean one thing, he was ready for battle. Grimm turned his head towards the group as he was curious to see what his brave little Pokemon had picked out. "Hmm these guys look tough ... Maybe too tough. Especially that Luxio looks like trouble for my little water Pokemon. Ah well what doesn't kill ya ..." With a sigh, he turned his whole body to inspect the lot. "If you have a chance, always study your enemy." He recited his father's teachings in his head. After a few minutes Grimm stood up straight and walked up to them slowly, confident that this was the next step to achieve his goal of finally beating his hometown gym. "Excuse me now, this ride can take a while. So I have a suggestion. To pass time ... Let us ... Hone our skills through the battling of our Pokemon." The charming boy said ever polite, slightly bowing to honor their presence.

Merilan
2015-05-16, 10:34 PM
Xiri is a thin, wispy girl whose paleness and white hair appear pretty unnatural; she's distinct in her monochrome scheme, with a black coat with a high collar and criss-crossing straps across her chest. Sometimes, it's as if she fades out a little, like a ghost...

"Oh! PkMn Trainer wants to challenge us, Boss!" exclaims the unusual Rotom-Pokedex floating around her, Kongou. It begins to play an 8-bit sound suspiciously similar to an encounter starting, before it gets plucked out of the air with the white-haired girl shaking her head.

Instead of speaking, her 'voice' seems to resonate as an emotion within her - an Aura, if Grimm is familiar. Hello... um, my name is Xiri. I'd rather not fight, however...

Esprit15
2015-05-17, 04:48 AM
"How many, what rules? Flight ceilings, burrowing limits? Fight to injury or unconsciousness? We using the shore or only land? I assume no trainer interference," says a well dressed, cocky looking blond guy, rattling off the various tricks that people pull on unsuspecting trainers. The Ralts on his shoulder just lets out an exasperated sigh, and seems to send a silent message to his trainer.

'Angelo,' you seem way too stuck up. People are going to catch on.

"I'll pay," he says to the boatman, fishing out some bills from his pocket, seeming to ignore the Ralts.

Joltzz
2015-05-17, 12:23 PM
The flying talking pokedex threw Grimm off his game for a few seconds. But when the small girl announced her name in the cutest fashion, Grimm could only return the favor. "Greetings dear, my name is Grimm." He said with a deep voice while bowing elegantly.

When the blond guy took him up on his challenge, Grimm answered politely to his many questions. "Well sir, since I am the challenger, you get to chose the rules. I will abide by your will." Grimm grinned.

Toxic Mind
2015-05-17, 03:09 PM
Shaun pays the man, and waits to see if Angelo will indeed accept the challenge. If not, he was happy to do so himself. A friendly battle was always good experience, and Shaun thought that the best way to know someone was to see how they treated their pokemon. And the best way to know that was in battle. Still, he would wait, and watch.

Esprit15
2015-05-17, 03:40 PM
"Two Pokémon, single battle. No burrowing. Fight to KO. Stay out of the water. No items, no hitting trainers," he says, thinking of what options he has as a second mon. And if he forgot anything, but he probably didn't.

Merilan
2015-05-17, 04:17 PM
Xiri stands next to Shaun, watching the two get their battle on; Kongou is eagerly bobbing up and down, intent on recording the whole thing as if it turned into a video camera. She looks to the hunter for a moment, then emits an aura of curiosity, now that she's realised she hasn't really gotten to know her travelling companions. Shaun? Would you mind telling me a little about yourself...?

Joltzz
2015-05-17, 06:41 PM
"Sir, I must admit I couldn't have decided on better rules myself. You must be a formidable adversary." Grimm's blood was pumping. "Let us go to the battle area on board." He said while leading the way. It was obvious it wasn't the first time Grimm had been on this ferry. When arriving at the battle area, Grimm pulled out a pokeball and let out his Mawile. "Hey there Gretel, we have ourselves a challenge. Cough up the Shell Bell please, he wants no items." Grimm said crouched down with his hands together to receive the item. After also collecting a berry from Tympole, Grimm got ready. "Alrighty Hansel, you picked out this trainer, so you get to go first!" The Tympole was already jumping up and down out of eagerness to fight.

Esprit15
2015-05-17, 07:24 PM
"Sarin, I believe you know what to do." The Ralts nods and teleports from his shoulder to the battlefield. "I should warn you, I'm no slouch either." Angelo pulls up a seat to issue orders from, lying back down. His burns were still sore, and standing did not appeal to him. Watching the Tympole, he thinks a little. There were two possible choices for his next mon, barring severe type advantage of disadvantage. And what of the trainer? He seemed rather eager, which was good.
You are no doubt faster.

Joltzz
2015-05-17, 07:34 PM
Grimm looked at the teleporting Ralts. He hadn't seen Pokemon do that before, so he already started worrying. "Hmm how far would it be able to teleport ... Hard to say. Will ask him after the battle." Grimm then braced for battle and was surprised to see his opponent get so laid back. "Alright! Let's do this. Hansel!! You know what to do superstar!!" The Tympole didn't waste any time and dashed forward to fire off a move.

Shift Action:
Move closer

Standard Action:
Use Bubblebeam [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Esprit15
2015-05-17, 07:47 PM
"Just relax, Sarin." Cain says, unconcerned at the damage the Ralts took. Hs may not hit hard, but he could make things difficult. "Magical Leaf. And trace him." Around the little Psychic type, a flurry of glowing leaves bursts from nowhere, striking the Tympole. When the leaves vanish, the Ralts looks a little more sopping wet than it did after the Bubble Beam.
Trace Mud Dweller

Magical Leaf
Grass, Special
Crit Check [roll0] Cannot miss
Damage: [roll1]
If Crit: +[roll2]

Joltzz
2015-05-17, 07:55 PM
When Grimm saw him strongest Pokemon drop like that after one move, he knew his Pokemon was in trouble. He rushed to his Tympole without saying a word to hold it in his arms. "You did great little fella. It's gonna be all right. Rest in your Pokeball and we'll get you better real soon." The match wasn't over yet. Grimm was determined to take this Pokemon down. So he called forth his second Pokemon. "Go Gretel!! We have to avenge Hansel!"

Shift Action:
Move closer

Standard Action:
Use Bite [roll0]
Dark, Physical
Damage [roll1]
Damage if crit +[roll2]
Flinch on 15+ [roll3]

Toxic Mind
2015-05-17, 09:40 PM
As the battle intensifies, Shaun watches closely. He's seen Angelo fight before, but always in the heat of battle, and he so rarely got a chance to simply watch, rather than be actively engaged. Still, he had time to talk. "Sure." he says to Xiri, a smile on his face. "I grew up in the Viridian Forest in the Kanto Region. My parents were both Rangers in the forest. They're why I'm out here, to help other people live in harmony with Pokemon, like they did. My little sister is still back at home with them, though if I know her, she'll be bothering my parents non-stop to set out on her own now." Shaun has a faint smile on his face at the memories brought forth, which shift his aura peaceful, and loving, with just a hint of protective instinct.

He turns to the Rotom-Pokedex. "If you tell Angelo any of the sappy stuff, I will throw you in the river for the Gyarados." with only a slightly sarcastic tone.

Merilan
2015-05-17, 09:52 PM
Kongou jitters up and down and goes, "Don't make me walk the plank, Cap'n! Aye yai yai!" but then winds up cackling at the end of it.

Xiri nods, rapt with attention to Shaun's explanation - and to the battle as they start; she might not be the kind who's eager to jump into a battle, but she does understand that her companions want to stretch their legs and exercise... I can feel your trust and confidence with the wilds, and with Pokemon. It's comforting.

Esprit15
2015-05-17, 10:29 PM
"Move," Cain says nonchalantly. The more stressed looking Sarin disappears from sight, appearing a few meters back from where he was. Would have been a good hit, the Ralts says, having a little fun with the battle. Most of his recent battles had been a little less friendly than this, might as well smile. He teleports back further, now 9m away from the Mawile.
Standard Action: Teleport (move) as an interrupt.
Move: Teleport (movement) again.

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 03:41 AM
Just milliseconds before the attack would connect, Gretel's opponent teleported away. "What the hell" Grimm got worried, but tried to hide it. "How many times can it do that ..." Although there was no time for insecurity. The only way forward was to keep going. "Go after him Gretel. You'll get him eventually!"

Shift Action:
Move closer

Standard Action:
Move closer

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 03:48 AM
"Hey Sarin, how about you show off that new move?" The Ralts crackles with energy before releasing a pulse of yellow light that arcs toward the Mawile. Another flicker and it has moved another 4m away.
Charge Beam
Special, Electric
AC: [roll0] 4
Effect: [roll1] 7, +1 SpA
Damage: [roll2]
If Crit: +[roll3]

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 04:18 AM
"He's in range now Gretel. Let's try another attack!" Grimm was hoping this one would connect without the enemy teleporting about again.

Shift Action:
Move closer

Standard Action:
Use Bite [roll0]
Dark, Physical
Damage [roll1]
Added damage if crit [roll2]
Flinch 15+ [roll3]

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 06:04 AM
"Keep it up. Wear her down!" Again the Ralts fires a beam of electricity at the Mawile. It doesn't back away though, this time.
Charge Beam
Special, Electric
AC: [roll0] 4
Effect: [roll1] 7, +1 SpA
Damage: [roll2]
If Crit: +[roll3]

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 06:10 AM
"He looks weak Gretel. Take your revenge for our brother Hansel!" With that, the Mawile bites viciously into the Ralts.

Standard Action:
Use Bite [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
If crit +[roll2]
Flinch 15+ [roll3]

Shift Action:
Move to middle of the field

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 02:00 PM
As hard as he tried to hold on, the little Ralts collapses. "Don't worry Sarin, we can afford to go down in this one," Cain says as he recalls the Psychic type. As he thinks through his team, he realizes how screwed they are against anything Steel. He could brute force it, but there was always that risk... Hm. That may work.

"Dimethyl," he says, releasing a faintly glowing rock, "Confuse Ray." Out of the rock suddenly pops a purple head and a green face, green balls of energy swirling around it. One flies through Gretle, disorienting the Mawile. "Let's see how your speedsters answer to a solid wall."
Confuse Ray
Target is Confused

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 02:28 PM
"What the hell is that." Grimm asked himself when his opponent brought out a new Pokemon. He flips out the Pokedex to see what it is. "A Ghost/Dark Pokemon eh? ... Well only one thing to do ..." Grimm thought to himself and spoke to the Mawile. "Don't be flustered by this weird Pokemon. Attack!!"

Shift Action:
Move closer

Standard Action:
Confusion Roll: [roll0]
Use Bite [roll1] Flinch on 15+
Damage [roll2]
If Crit [roll3]

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 02:35 PM
Seeing that his target took a hit and flinched, Gretel advances ... But misses the attack.

Confusion roll [roll0]

Standard Action:
Use Astonish [roll1] Flinch on 15+
Damage [roll2]
If Crit +[roll3]

EDIT: Forgot the Pressure Ability so swapped out Bite for Astonish. Not rerolling the damage as it was a miss anyway.

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 02:40 PM
"Shadow Sneak." Before the Mawile can even open its jaws, the stone's shadow strikes at the Mawile for a light hit.
Shadow Sneak
Intereupt!
Physical, Ghost
AC: [roll0] 2

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 02:44 PM
Cain smiles as the Spiritomb moves before the flinch-fishing Pokémon. The Spiritomb keeps up its assault.
Shadow Sneak
Intereupt!
Physical, Ghost

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 02:55 PM
The Mawile is struggling to deal with this Pokemon, but it advances anyway.

Confusion roll [roll0]

Standard Action:
Use Bite [roll1] Flinch 15+
Dark, Physical
Damage [roll2]
If Crit +[roll3]

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 03:12 PM
Ah, finally the confusion takes effect. The Spiritomb strikes again. "Oh come on now, it's not that weird. Look, you hurt his feelings!" The Spiritomb seems unphased.
Shadow Sneak
Intereupt!
Physical, Ghost

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 03:18 PM
Grimm realized his Gretel was in serious trouble. As suspected, he picked out a strong opponent. After hurting itself due to the confusion, the Mawile gives it another try.

Confusion roll [roll0]
Damage if failed [roll1]

Standard Action:
Use Astonish [roll2] Flinch on 15+
Ghost, Physical
Damage [roll3]
If crit +[roll4]

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 03:21 PM
That hit would probably hurt. If it hit. But would it?
Shadow Sneak
Intereupt!
Physical, Ghost

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 03:26 PM
The Mawile hangs onto his consciousness by a thread. But it refuses to give in.

Standard Action:
Use Bite [roll0] Flinch on 15+
Dark, Physical
Damage [roll1]
If Crit +[roll2]

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 03:30 PM
Dimethyl holds on, and strikes back unerringly.
Faint Attack
Physical, Dark
Crit check: [roll0] Does not miss

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 03:34 PM
Gretel's eyes are blinking. She is wobbling from one let to the other. With her last strength, she tries to get out one more attack. But with her focus gone, it is a near miss.

Standard Action:
Use Astonish [roll0] Flinch on 15+
Ghost, Physical
Damage [roll1]
If Crit [roll2]

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 03:39 PM
Angelo sighs. Okay, just go down already.
Faint Attack
Physical, Dark
Crit check: [roll0] Does not miss

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 03:46 PM
With the Spiritomb's last attack, Gretel falls to the ground. Grimm smiles and calls her back into her Pokeball. He then walks slowly up to his opponent. "That was an exciting match sir. A loss can often teach you more than a win, and I must say, I have learned a great deal today." He reaches out his hand to pull him up from sitting down. Grimm got the feeling this lot was a lot stronger than he was. This got him to think about something. All this time he had spent training on his own, maybe he got to a point where he wasn't progressing as much as he could be. A change of circles and scenery might be the more optimal way of growing. He then smiled. "I never caught your name by the way ..."

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 03:55 PM
"Angelo," he says, shaking the young man's hand. "Angelo Trueman."

Joltzz
2015-05-18, 03:59 PM
"Grimm" He replied with a smile. "So, where are you guys headed?"

Esprit15
2015-05-18, 04:04 PM
"Toward the lake, from what I understand."

Joltzz
2015-05-19, 12:12 AM
"The Lake of Rage?" Grimm asks. His tone gave away that he was familiar with this place.

Eshkigal
2015-05-19, 04:29 PM
As the group fought, a few other trainers watch the fight, some money swapping hands at the end as Angelo comes out on top. Only then do you notice that the ship has already set out, Jumbo manning (monning?) the side fencing. The first part of the trip is uneventful, crossing the river and disgorging the other trainers disembarking, a shout from Blake letting those coming aboard the next stop was the Lake of Rage, as potential new companions talk to each other. Some fishing rods are at the sides, cheap enough to rent at 50 dollars each.

(If you want to try catching new mon, you have the chance. Rods are super rods. If you want a peaceful trip, the captain's mon can see to it well enough.)

Joltzz
2015-05-19, 07:00 PM
After the battle on the boat, Grimm called out Milky the Miltank to use his two daily uses of Milk Drink on his two fainted Pokemon. He then went upstairs to stand by the rails of the boat to think. The clear horizon and peaceful environment made him wonder about the fight he had just lost. His main focus was to what went wrong and what his Pokemon were lacking to win the next fight like that in the future. After breaking it down into several elements, he came up with a plan. And it would start with some agility training to enhance his Pokemon's movement capabilities. So he skipped the opportunity to catch new Pokemon with a rod and went back to the Battle Ground on the boat to train. Grimm explained to Hansel and Gretel that the focus today was going to be to speed them up. He knew that his Pokemon were still injured, so Grimm checked with them if they were willing to rest first, but the two Pokemon were eager to do the training. They felt guilty for having let down their trainer again in battle, like they felt like they did many times before against the Mahogany Town Gym Leader. So they got on with it, an hour of interval training. Sprinting a few yards and jogging slowly, then sprinting again. Grimm joined in on the training, running his lungs out alongside his Pokemon.

10 Exp per Pokemon
Activating:
Agility Training
Ace Trainer
Training Techniques

Merilan
2015-05-19, 07:33 PM
Xiri spends most of her time on the trip by the rails, peering out towards the vista they were approaching. Sometimes, her aura would flow and ebb in a particularly strong way, as if she was seeking out emotions and feelings around the region... but, mostly, just peace and quiet.

This makes for a very, very bored Kongou, who's rolling ontop of her head going, "Bossssss--! I'm so bored, uuu!"

Eshkigal
2015-05-22, 11:31 AM
The boat trip is rather uneventful, the group having had enough excitement after running through a forest fire the night before, finally having a chance to truly rest after the Burning Man and enjoy their surroundings, despite being covered in burns. After some time, shortly after Grimm finishes training, you come to a third port, a small waystation at the mouth of the Lake of Rage where a small flock of wingull take off from. There is a center here, as well as a path around the lake, and Blake comes to the crispier trio.
"We're going into the Lake next, but to be honest that's just a good fishing opportunity, and doesn't have any stops in the Lake by the shore. This is likely your stop."
He turns to Grimm as well, nodding.
"Bit further up than normal for you. Trying some new training, eh?"

Joltzz
2015-05-22, 12:40 PM
"Hehe yeah man, I don't feel like we're ready to beat Pryce yet. Gotta try something new if I want to get a new result right ..." Grimm replies to the captain.

Grimm is eager to get off board to get his injured Pokemon to the PokeCenter. But he does appreciate the way this environment made his senses tickle. The smell in the air, the wind through his hair. He didn't stop to enjoy these things enough. Then he thought back to his training. It wasn't easy to become stronger. And these trainers ... They were stronger than him. Hanging out with them would probably result in going out of his comfort zone, but wasn't improving all about that ... He decided for himself that staying with them would have a high chance of improving fast enough for him to finally beat Pryce.

"I'm off to the PokeCenter to get my Pokemon healed. But I'd like to ask ... I've been traveling and training alone for a long time now. Can I tag along with you guys for a while?" Grimm asks with a smile.

Esprit15
2015-05-22, 12:47 PM
"I've no objection. You're a tough trainer, and I like befriending those."

Joltzz
2015-05-22, 12:51 PM
Being grateful the guy who just beat him accepted him to travel with them was a great honor for Grimm. "Thanks that means a lot. I'll be off to the center. Will take a few hours to get my Pokemon fully healed. So where are you guys headed? I'll catch up to you."

Esprit15
2015-05-22, 12:54 PM
"I need to get some burns treated and heal up the two mons I used. After that we have some things to check out at Lake Rage."

Merilan
2015-05-22, 01:50 PM
"Hey, Bosssssssss-- they're saying we should get off here! Boss?" Kongou comes a-calling, having spent the trip trying to make passes at other, inert Pokedexes from other travellers. It was not the romantic dalliance it hoped it would be.

Xiri presses her hands over the railing, staring out towards the east. What is this feeling, now...? She focuses her senses on it, attuning herself deeper in.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-05-22, 02:02 PM
The sensation grows stronger as you focus on it, still very familiar to you. Loss and anger flare through the connection though, old and festering at this point. Something you are linked to has been sitting there a long time, and grows angry at the silence...

Joltzz
2015-05-22, 03:02 PM
"Alright then, let's get our Pokemon healed. It's that way I believe." Grimm recalled. He had been to the Lake as a child but it has been a while since he had been here. He leads onwards to the PokeCenter.

Merilan
2015-05-27, 06:28 AM
There's a quiet shiver from Xiri, and she grips at the railing and decides to act on it for once. She hurries from the upper deck where she'd stayed when it wasn't too cold to, and finds her companions. There is something... I wish to check, to the east. Will that be... a problem?

Toxic Mind
2015-05-27, 04:38 PM
"I will go with you. My pokemon do not need healing, and if the disaster we came across is any indication, this place is not safe right now." Shaun says with a brotherly smile.

Eshkigal
2015-05-28, 02:19 PM
Moving to split up, the aches and pains of the day before quickly catch up to the two headed south from the Lake, causing you to pause as blistered skin cracks and peels in painful ways as you begin exerting yourself even further. Looking down, you realize how crispy your clothes are, some flat out ruined from the scorch marks and claws the day before. So, with that, you turn around and walk into the Center behind them, Angelo already getting seen to.

Roughly half an hour after, the four of you emerge, Xiri's senses dragging them into the woods to the south and east of your current location. About an hour in (about half a mile off course from heading to Mahogany itself), the pull has grown stronger, until it's become almost all consuming. You are near, you know you are! But where?

(Everyone is at full HP, injuries are treated)

Merilan
2015-05-28, 02:29 PM
Xiri stops by the pokemon centre beforehand; she's not terribly used to doing so, perhaps feeling a bit of guilt that she isn't taking care of her Pokemon they way she ought to, but she's getting there. Mostly by virtue of Kongou bonking her over the head going 'Uu, uu, rest!'.

This feeling of loss... anger... where is it coming from...? Xiri emits, her Aura flaring with a sense of concern and anxiety. She-- would rather not have to face another Burning Man, but at the same time, she cannot ignore that feeling.

[roll0]

Joltzz
2015-05-28, 02:59 PM
Grimm keeps an eye on this girl Xiri. There is something strange about her. The way she thinks and speaks, it's nothing like he'd ever seen before. The PokeCenter was a blessing for him though. He was happy his Pokemon were ready for the action. They did have a rough time in the battle with one of his new traveling companion. Especially Hansel who got one shotted by a destructive Ralts.

Once out and treated, Grimm sees the girl acting strange again. It's like ... she's searching for something ... But Grimm had lived in Mahogany all his life. He knew these woods. Sure there's some mystery to the Town and it's surroundings, but what did it have to do with her ...

Eshkigal
2015-05-28, 03:11 PM
Perhaps it would have been best for her to have faced another Burning Man, or the terrors of the Distortion yet again. Perhaps it would have been merciful. Unfortunately, fifteen minutes in, she trips over a stone as she pursues the feeling. Looking back, though, it seemed too strange, to white to be native stone. So, with some digging, she uncovered the "stone", only to find something she had not expected. A smooth, human skull, worn and clean from the march of time, more of it with the roots of nearby trees wrapped around it. One that, looking at it, she knew to be her own, a faint line between it and her forming in her aura, a spider web of other faint connections, mostly bleached white as exposed bones and running across the forest-other people or pokemon she had known? More bodies? One, though, one strand was stained dark, thrumming, active and warped. Feeling the loss of their dearest friend, who happened to be you. Anger at the people who took said friend.
It is likely rather disconcerting to know you return to the place you died.

Merilan
2015-05-28, 06:30 PM
Xiri comes to a stop underneath that tree, and its roots. Her hand touches down to the bleached skull, and she pulls on it; soon, it's dislodged, and she cups it to her chest, letting the torrent of emotion overflow through her. For a moment, her ghostly form seems to be moreso, and she appears wisplike and ethereal amidst the light of the forest. So this is where... but what lies ahead, still...?

She resolves herself, looking back to her friends. I'm sorry. A little more...? That way... as she turns and proceeds carefully, keeping her mind's eye open more than anything else.

Esprit15
2015-05-28, 09:54 PM
"Whatcha find back there?" Angelo asks Xiri. "Ick! Put that down, it's probably dirty," he says, scrunching his nose.

Joltzz
2015-05-29, 07:29 AM
Grimm follows the lot as they chase after the girl. When they came upon the discovery of the skull, his jaw dropped. "What the ... How did she know it was here? It must have been some sort of trick. Are they messing with me? Are they hazing me because I'm new in this group??" Grimm looked suspiciously at everyone's eyeballs to pick up any signs.

Perception [roll0]
Edit: Must have been Intuition of course. He has 2d6+2 on that skill so it's fair to say 8-2 (as all the rolls were 2's) equals 6.

Merilan
2015-05-29, 06:12 PM
Xiri turns towards Angelo and Grimm, shaking her head. This was where I... There is a pause, as her Aura fluctuates with a kind of resoluteness that covers the grief. This was where I died.

She sets the skull down gently, to rest it at the base of the tree. Farewell, me, it just seems to say. Kongou fidgets and displays a stricken face on the pokedex screen. "That's heavy, Boss!"

Esprit15
2015-05-29, 06:18 PM
Angelo makes a look that is somewhere between surprise and embarrassment. "Oh... Just... carry on, then. Do you... know who did it?"

Merilan
2015-05-31, 01:38 AM
Xiri looks ashamed for a moment, but focuses, as she sets the skull down. A brief whirl of vague and contorted emotions and sensations flash, also vibing from within Lćvateinn's pokeball. She looks to Angelo and emits, It is... vague -- my memory is not all there -- but... 'Rocket', a red 'R'. That is very clear to me. A lot of... senseless cruelty, close-mindedness...

Esprit15
2015-05-31, 02:03 AM
Angelo nods. He was familiar with senseless violence. "We can hunt the people responsible down," he says, putting a hand on the girl's shoulder.

Joltzz
2015-05-31, 03:09 AM
Grimm looks at the two. "This is for real ..." The hair on the back of his neck stands up. A cold chill shoots down his spine. He has so many questions but he doesn't think it's fair to interrupt a young girl's ... ghost? ... when she just found out about her death. This tragedy happened on Mahogany territory. Grimm's father had taught him about honor. Family honor, and honor of where you're from. It was Grimm's duty to help give this girl peace of mind. "As a proud Mahoganee, it is my duty to assist you in finding inner peace. I will help to." Grimm says and bows his head with closed eyes.

Eshkigal
2015-05-31, 03:13 PM
Putting the skull down, Xiri can still see the line connecting her to something foul and dark, tugging and straining as if in a feverish haze of fury. It only grows stronger, if not nearer, and she feels it connected to the pulsing that had called to her earlier. Something still roamed here.

Merilan
2015-05-31, 04:53 PM
Xiri nods quietly towards the two. She may not want to hunt them out of revenge -- the sensation of loss is a little too foreign and distant to truly constrict her feelings -- but she knows they have to be stopped... Thank you, you two.

She pauses, and gazes forward. Over there. There's something restless... The ghostly girl steps forward, heading a bit deeper into the forest.

Eshkigal
2015-06-01, 03:36 PM
Any who follow Xiri slowly make their way to what seems to be an old, abandoned, decrepit shed in the middle of the woods, possibly the remains of some hunter's semipermanent rest spot. Going around it, Xiri notes that the connection runs around it as she goes, running down into the ground.
(Give me perceptions if you choose to investigate the shed!)

Merilan
2015-06-01, 04:05 PM
The ground...? Why would it descend down there...? Xiri echoes her thoughts plainly for a moment, stepping closer to the shed, keeping both her eyes and her mind's eye peeled open.

Perception [roll0]
Aura Sense [roll1]

Joltzz
2015-06-01, 04:33 PM
When they arrive at the shed, Grimm can't help but notice Xiri's investigative powers. "How did she find these things so quickly ..." But there was no time for 20 questions, not yet. As Grimm notices her checking out the shed, he follows his instincts and tries to make out something about it.

Perception
[roll0]

Toxic Mind
2015-06-01, 05:15 PM
Shaun merely scans, passively. He's not sure what all this is about, but if its important to Xiri, its important enough for him.

[roll0]

Esprit15
2015-06-01, 08:45 PM
An abandoned building. Yep, seemed totally legit and safe! Angelo and Sarin walk around the building, peering in while trying to to be plainly visible.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2015-06-01, 09:22 PM
Angelo and Grimm are the only two that notice, under a poster nearby and faded with age, a glint of metal. Tearing it from the wall, there is a button beneath! Pressing it causes the floor to shudder, and then slowly descend, an elevator beginning.
However, from above, Xiri cannot perceive the auras below despite her connection. Could be some form of shielding.

Joltzz
2015-06-02, 02:28 AM
Grimm didn't like this. An elevator like that could lead them all right into a trap. But he knew that it was hard not to follow this lead. "Let's get our Pokemon out, who knows what may be waiting for us down there." Grimm says as he grabs a Pokeball, releasing his Mawile.

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 02:39 AM
"If they trap us, they will severely regret it," Angelo says, holding a Heavy Ball, marked with a leaf in the center. "Let's just say I was holding back, yesterday. For the sake of the boat."

Joltzz
2015-06-02, 05:58 PM
"Holding back?? ..." Grimm thinks for a second, then he grins. "Should have known. I was right going with these people. That guy is out of my league now, but I'll catch up to his level."

Grimm steps in the elevator. "All aboard ..."

Merilan
2015-06-02, 06:14 PM
Xiri is quiet as she steps on the elevator, tentatively. I can't sense what is below... what is blocking me? There must be something.

She takes a pokeball in hand, and a Honedge emerges from within it - albeit half a Honedge, since the lower half of the Honedge's blade just flat out seems to be missing.

Toxic Mind
2015-06-03, 11:14 AM
Shaun steps into the elevator, and takes out a pokeball, out of which pops a Misdreavus. "Vivi, hide." the Misdreavus sinks into the floor quietly, waiting just out of sight. And then another, from which he draws a honedge, which immediately fastens itself to his back for a quick shoulder draw.

Eshkigal
2015-06-04, 02:21 AM
You descend, expecting strife and conflict. Instead, you find silence as you descend, watching the shed above end up about five stories up above them. Dust has settled upon the floor of the room they are slowly lowered into, lights slowly activating and illuminating a room with white tile and thick, stone walls. A large, thick metal door stands before you, bent roughly in half off it's hinges from inside.

Xiri can detect dozens of small auras, tiny pokemon and vermin scurrying about the building, which descends at least another floor below from what you can sense. However, there are three auras so heavily tainted with hate and anger that they threaten to flood this entire lab, making it hard to get a fix of where one begins and another ends.

Merilan
2015-06-04, 03:46 AM
I sense three large presences of... hatred... and many more smaller ones, Xiri echoes to the group once they've descended to the lower floor. This place makes her shiver -- something of the sort feels very familiar, a hidden place with a sinister agenda, none of it good. She looks to the door, then at the group, to see if they have ideas first.

Esprit15
2015-06-04, 04:00 AM
Angelo, even with the lights, takes out his flashlight. It might daze anything that is crazy enought to rush at them, and there was no guarantee that all the lights were working. "Sarin, eyes peeled," he says as he takes the lead.

Joltzz
2015-06-04, 04:06 AM
Grimm follows behind Angelo who took the initiative. The Mawile hops on his shoulder as they go, ready to pounce at any of these evil things Xiri had sensed.

Eshkigal
2015-06-07, 05:14 PM
You approach the doorway, bent in half from the inside, and go through slowly. Only Laeva seems to know the path, but the auras seem to mostly stay away. However, why is there no auras above vermin?
Walking down a pathway, lights slowly coming on, yet dust still covering everything around you, the entire lab seems too quiet. Eventually, though, you begin reaching an area with doorways, and the first intersection you have seen.

Merilan
2015-06-08, 02:30 AM
I can't sense any... people here. I wonder if has been abandoned? Or-- everybody is... Xiri seems loathe to end that statement. She's not sure of the difference in the intersection, trying to look around for some indication or sign as to what leads where.

[roll0] Aura Sense
[roll1] Perception

Joltzz
2015-06-08, 02:39 AM
Grimm looks at the girl to see if she senses what direction the group should take. He is a leading type of guy but in the company of a new group, he doesn't feel comfortable enough to do so yet. So he patiently waits for the others to make a decision on which way to take.

Esprit15
2015-06-08, 05:29 AM
"Should I flip a coin? Heads left, tails right?" Angelo says, pulling out a coin and giving it a flick into the air.
High is heads, low is tails, 1 and 100 are something funny happening to the coin
[roll0]
"Fate says right," he says as he picks up the coin, shining his light down the corridor.

Eshkigal
2015-06-10, 02:27 PM
Coincidentally, the string for Xiri leads right. As Angelo shines his light down the hallway, there seems to be plentiful amounts of doors, seven down each side. At the end is a large doorway, the sign seeming to mark it as a laboratory.

Merilan
2015-06-10, 02:36 PM
Could it be bedrooms? Or even... holding cells... Xiri muses as she heads down the right pathway, trying to get a better grasp of where those violent auras are coming from - is the laboratory safe to enter for now?

4d6+4 - 17 - Aura Sense

Joltzz
2015-06-13, 08:38 AM
"Let's see what is in each and every one of them I guess. We can sweep the hallway and open up the doors one by one." Grimm suggests.

Esprit15
2015-06-15, 01:23 PM
"Seems as good an idea as any, if they aren't locked. I'd check what kind of lab we are in first, though. Don't want to open a door and have a dozen Beedril come buzzing out at you."

Eshkigal
2015-06-15, 01:51 PM
Opening the first door, you come to...a bathroom. Urinals adorn one wall, stalls the other, sinks near you. Rather anticlimactic, that. Same with the one across the hall, though it lacks the urinals for some decoration that looks like it hasn't seen use in years. The next two sets of doors are more interesting. One has cots that are in various sets of disarray, long expired medicine and rusting tools out, seeming to be an infirmary. However, several cots are stained with years old blood, as if people began having wounds open up on them, however there is no damage to the beds, and four large smears adorn the floor that you can see in the flickering lights. What is troubling, though, is that each smear is then dragged a distance, towards a grate, before cutting off at it. No sign of what may have entered through there, but also no sign that they were dragged into vents that, on closer inspection, might fit a rattata at best. Across the hall are racks of weaponry, rusting with disuse. Many are missing from the racks currently. However, in one corner, a pair of feet stick out. Moving to it, you see the remains of...some one, curled up in the corner. They seem to have been left there to rot, flesh slowly sloughing off bone, a gun in their lap flecked with red, the wall behind them a blossom of crimson and unidentifiable chunkier material, a large hole in the top of their skulls that seems to trace down to their mouth, hand still curled around the trigger. That's not good.
(Push on? Investigate? Search for still working things?)

Merilan
2015-06-15, 11:48 PM
This lab has been abandoned for some time... the blood is dry, and those that remain have -- decayed... Xiri emits with a swelling sense of sorrow. In the same way, however, the girl seems a little less reactive to sights of the dead and gored -- perhaps it's too close to how she was -- is, now, for her to be as affected as the living. There is a pause. If those powerful Auras are in any way related, then the danger may very well lurk to this day.

Shall we check the laboratory at the end?

Joltzz
2015-06-16, 05:55 AM
Grimm puts his hand over his mouth as he sees these atrocities. He was never a fan of blood, let alone such horror. "What the hell happened here ..." He says as he looks around to try and make sense of it.

In these conditions, he was unsure what to do. Grimm just stays close to the group and tries not to separate from them too much, out of fear that something will sneak up behind him.

Esprit15
2015-06-16, 12:38 PM
"Yeah... To the lab." Like he initially said. This was a disgusting mess.

Eshkigal
2015-06-18, 11:28 PM
Heading into the lab area, the group comes to a long hallway, one wall covered with what seems to be heavy glass, with the impacts of bullet holes on this side showing it to be bulletproof. Each area seems to be a new holding cell, some empty, some with shriveled corpses strapped to beds that seemed to die trying to get loose, some clawing at the glass or at doors from the other side, or the windows and doors on this side, human and pokemon alike. However, two windows have shattered, following the bullet spray to where they were directed. It seems that they also have nameplates, though..."Dream Ooze"? "Kevorkian"? What do those mean?
(Perception please)

(Xiri, this room is filled with the dark aura. One is along this pathway.)

Esprit15
2015-06-19, 01:22 AM
"Dream Ooze... I do not like the sound of that."
[roll0]

Merilan
2015-06-20, 11:01 PM
Watch out, everyone. I can sense that overwhelming Aura from in front of us... Xiri first warns her allies, staring towards the hallway forward. Her form flickers just for a little while as she passes over some of the corpses, and for a moment it feels as if Xiri belongs in the horrific scene, as much a scarred reminder of what's transpired.

[roll0]

Joltzz
2015-06-21, 02:44 AM
"Here we go ..." Grimm and his Mawile brace themselves for what is about to come at them. He always expects the worst is about to happen after all.

Perception [roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-06-21, 03:03 AM
Well, the worst that could happen here is a zombie outbreak, but that'd be im-Each of you notices the hand of one of the cadavers twitch slightly, then begin straining actively on their bonds, a grand frenzy driving them into seizures. Oh gods damn it no. Empty eyes open, blank gazes following at least one of you around.

You can see flickers of the Black Aura extending to the dead like puppet strings. They begin connecting to joints, causing them to twitch and spasm more and more. However, when one milky white eye opens, they stop. A heated, pained mind, burning like a brand seems to connect with your brain then, dragging back memories of your time with a Ralts much like Sarin.
You...live?

Esprit15
2015-06-21, 04:47 AM
"Nope. Nope nope nope. Sarin, on edge. If they make it through the glass, fire off a Charge Beam." Angelo adopts a martial looking stance, though those who knew him knew that the odds were slim that he would actually lay a hand on anyone. Or have a hand lain on him.

Merilan
2015-06-21, 06:18 AM
For once, Xiri lets out a physical cry, putting a hand to her forehead for a moment.

The memories flash through, leafing through her still-sensitive and phantasmal mind like a rapid slideshow would. There was something so warm there, so gentle... but... she can't fully remember it. She looks to Sarin, unable to comprehend why the Ralts gives her such a sensation.

Who-- who are you...? Xiri echoes to the mind that's connected to hers. Do you know me?

Joltzz
2015-06-21, 08:08 AM
This day was getting more surreal than anything Grimm had experienced. Fear struck his mind more and more, translating into his body. He doesn't know if his mind is playing tricks on him or if that's actually a scary zombie thing behind the glass. Grimm looks at Xiri and Angelo and then calms himself down. "Okay bro, we're all in it together. We trust out Pokemon and we trust ourselves. Let's just tackle each problem as it comes." He thinks to himself and follows Angelo's lead of getting ready for a possible attack.

Eshkigal
2015-06-22, 02:44 PM
The dead pause for a moment at your words, before redoubling their efforts. In one room, a pillar of black fire blows out, arcs of red lines visible to even the others around you as the voice howls in an untold pain and anger as its words sear into everyone's minds.
Forgot me! You FORGOT ME! YOUR FIRST! HOW COULD YOU?!
The pillar coalesces into a roiling ball, a kirlia of inky darkness and red flames, who just lashes the cords in the corpses back and forth, throwing them like rag dolls as the spirit throws a tantrum.
HOW!
The corpses slam against the glass, and some windows crack.
COULD!
The cracks grow bigger as tables are lifted and thrown about, but bones break and shatter as they do.
YOU?!
The corpses pulp, but the windows shatter one after another, shards of glass shooting into the air before circling your group.
DID I MEAN NOTHING TO YOU, XIRI?! DID I?
The Kirlia stares at her with eyes burning with hellfire, anger growing. However, more memories, disjointed and sudden, have been hitting Xiri one after the other since her manifestation.
(remember what you wish of your starter, Merilan)

Merilan
2015-06-22, 05:23 PM
Xiri's doubled over at this point, clutching at her head as the Kirlia strikes at her, mentally - over and over; with each flare of memory, with each burst of vision, the white-haired girl finds it more and more difficult to stand. No-- no, that isn't it, I-- I don't remember everything--

Lćvateinn floats in front of her, defensively. It is perhaps ironic that the sword once consumed by hatred, the one that took Xiri's life, is now the one floating in front of her, intent on guarding her against this old, familiar malice.

Xiri pauses, and then her eyes widen. I do not wish to fight you!

Esprit15
2015-06-22, 08:52 PM
"You know that thing, Xiri!?" Angelo shouts above the noise, ducking down to protect himself.

Joltzz
2015-06-24, 12:03 PM
Grimm stands in the back of the group. He decided that this crazy situation was not going to get any less complicated. But the last thing he would want is for everyone to get distracted by the main event and get ambushed from behind. So he keeps an eye out for anything else while letting it all play out.

Eshkigal
2015-06-29, 06:00 PM
Blades of glass edged with greeenish flames dance with Laevatienn, causing her to bat them away as a sphere of putrescent green flame gathers around a hand.
KNOW ME? I WAS HER FIRST! HER! FIRST!
She throws a ball of flame over Xiri's head, the ball of flames scouring the wall with roiling black energies and fire. But Xiri, in that moment, can see it. Linked as she is to the Kirlia, she can see her as a ralts, at her side, as a kirlia when they were caught. Her Esperanze tortured alongside her, experimented upon as well, and then, for unknown reasons, alone. Suffering alone, for months. Until she died too. The feelings of being lost, the feelings of pain, of sorrow slowly turning to a burning rage that she used to claw her way back. To make them pay.
This is her Esperanza now, and this is what they did, to you, and to her.

Merilan
2015-06-29, 06:12 PM
Xiri looks to Angelo, pained; she's down on her knees, as the filter of memories quite simply breaks as a cracked dam would. She knows, now.

Esperanza was there, alongside her. This entire time. She suffered as she did; every single day, gazing upon other tormented souls, trying to grapple with how people could grow to become so cruel and wanton in their desires, but finding nothing but emptiness. Being treated less than the walls and glass that trapped them; being treated as commodities, with potential to be eked out of their shells.

She grapples with this newfound memory, looking towards the others. And then -- shakily, she gets to her feet, even if she looks like she could collapse; her hands and hair look like they're about to wisp out into nothingness, gossamer as she is. Her Aura pulsates, wildly; it is full of desperation and emotion.

Stop this. Stop this now! Look around you, Esperanza! This isn't you! This isn't... this isn't what you want. I know you better than that. Come with me...

Eshkigal
2015-07-02, 06:17 PM
Just like that, with a single word, the world pauses, and she looks to Xiri.
Es...peran...za.
The glass in her grasp begins to crack more, as she looks at Xiri.
It has been a long time since anyone has called me that...
There's a look of anger and hate upon her still, but the fury seems to die a bit.
Why did you leave me, Xiri? Why was I left behind?

Merilan
2015-07-03, 03:16 AM
Xiri stares towards the ghost Pokemon, her heart weighing down hard.

I didn't... I did not leave you, Esperanza.

Moreso than ever, visible to the Ralts, her form flickers as a ghost's would. They are alike.

I didn't escape. They hurt me too. They... killed me.

Yes, that was the truth of it, wasn't it... it's all coming back to her now. The skull and bones she found aboveground. The laboratory. The flash of the red "R" that rings so clearly at the forefront of her mind.

She extends her hand.

Esperanza. Let's... let's not cause any more suffering in this world. Let's put a stop to it.

Eshkigal
2015-07-06, 04:10 PM
You feel Esper in your head, anger and sorrow clashing as the glass falls, her attention on only Xiri now, and Grimm feels that, having gotten in over his head, now is a good time to get away. Something feels strange inside Xiri, and in her other hand she feels something cool and round fall. Taking a quick glance down, it seems to be a ball made of similar metal to the pendant that now made up her heart.
(Diplomacy, Merilan, and you get one shot at this)

Merilan
2015-07-06, 04:22 PM
Xiri quietly looks down towards the ball, and quietly extends it out towards Esperanza. She doesn't -- throw it at her, or force the decision. She quietly shuts her eyes, and focuses her Aura to create a reminiscence of their time together. Softly, the images of -- home, as she hazily recall it -- come trickling back. The mountainpeaks near the Spear Pillar, in a region faraway from where they are now. People and pokemon -- laughing, speaking, making contact with one another, petting. The scene of coexistence she recalls, and has long embraced.

I will not leave you behind, Esperanza. You have suffered enough.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-07-06, 04:38 PM
Slowly, the anger gives way to sorrow, as she rushes forward to give you a large hug, what was left of her winning out over her current twisted nature.
I...I just don't wanna be alone any more...
Tapping the ball against her, she goes in, the ball looking more serpentine to you. The eyes of the great snake upon it gleam red, before becoming filled with rubies.
(Level 24, ghost/fairy, can know will o wisp. Wrath Wraith cryptid: Hellfire (ghost attacks cause burn), Poltergeist (psychic attacks become ghost shifted), Rage of the Dead (as anger grows, they gain CS to attack and special attack), Poltergeist (can make objects act as normal with Telekinesis))

Merilan
2015-07-06, 04:56 PM
Xiri quietly holds Esperanza ever closer to her, their ghost-like forms intertwining for a moment. Do not be sad, Esperanza. I will be with you. Let's make this right.

She turns towards the group, looking a little embarrassed as the Kirlia withdraws into the serpentine ball. Where... did this ball come from? She isn't quite certain, but the ruby-eyed serpent is a familiar one from what Morty told her. I'm sorry about that. We are okay, now. We may not be out of danger, however... Esperanza, were there -- others in here like you?

Eshkigal
2015-07-06, 05:07 PM
Looking around, you hear the sound of the elevator as Cain Angelo huddles nearby, and cannot recall having seen Shaun around since the boat, really. However, sending Esper out (which leads the kirlia to cling to your hand still), she looks up and nods.
There...there are two. A muk that seeps into the mind, making you see things that aren't really there, and fall asleep so it can better devour you, and an audino who thinks death is an end to suffering, and can open old wounds back up. Nightmare and Kevorkian.

Esprit15
2015-07-12, 09:48 PM
"Well do we really have to fight them?" Angelo says, relaxing as the Kirlia seems less intent on attacking them. Something told him they would be less than simple to capture and control, so was dealing with them really worth risking death?

Merilan
2015-07-12, 11:02 PM
It's a good point, though it's evident Xiri is concerned if they could break out of this laboratory. Can they possibly be reasoned with, Esperanza...?

Eshkigal
2015-07-13, 08:58 AM
Esper pauses, aura still clouded and black, before shrugging.
I don't know. We are all three hurt by our pasts, but in the past two years sought our own territories. A more pressing question may be which lift did your other member just run for, though.

Esprit15
2015-07-13, 12:30 PM
"I just know there are people who could better control these things than us," Angelo says, looking around at papers in the lab.

Merilan
2015-07-13, 05:21 PM
Xiri furrows her brow, concerned about where Grimm just fled off to. I think it was the way we came... There is a pause, from the white-haired girl, and she nods to Angelo. Let's gather some of the evidence here, and speak to the authorities. I'd want this place closed, so that no one could wander in here and be hurt.

Eshkigal
2015-07-14, 06:33 PM
You both head back towards the lift, the notes in the area being on test subjects. Empowered individuals like yourselves, the location of any new organs that could be the cause, blood samples, and response to many stimuli (including no fewer than three instances of implanted electric nodes to control psychics). Flipping through the notes as you go, Xiri and Cain catch the scent of something...sweet. But with hints of hiding a more pungent stench. Esper seems tense at that, looking about. Xiri can feel another black aura much closer than it had been.
It seems the noise of the lift has attracted Nightmare. Careful, both of you.

Merilan
2015-07-14, 06:55 PM
The documents bring a sense of dread and disappointment to Xiri, but there's very little she can do about it now save collect them and submit them to the proper authorities, so they can be appropriately handled. Xiri frowns quietly and looks to Cain. Let's hurry -- we can possibly outrun it if we reach the elevator fast enough.

Esprit15
2015-07-14, 08:38 PM
"Esperenza, where are the files on Nightmare? Sarin, keep watch." Angelo digs around some more. Psychics, eles, yes, very fascinating, very much stronger than the people who were here; that's not relevant right now. He needed experiment info.

Eshkigal
2015-07-17, 06:46 AM
Esper shrugs, however Cain can see a correlation between notes and window. It may be scattered, but it should be by one of the shattered windows if it were still around.
I haven't really been in a reading mood the past few years, meat.
There is a pointed look at the nearby devastation, before she pulls on Xiri's hand.
Let us go then, lest it becomes too late.

Esprit15
2015-07-17, 07:36 AM
Angelo snaps his fingers at the Kirlia. "Hey, ectoplasm, rather than be snippy and call each other by what we're made of, why don't we act like grown ups and call each other by name, hm? I'm trying to find a way to actually save you, your trainer, and my own team, but if I don't have any information, I can't very well do that, can I? We can run and die tired, or we can know what we're up against. Or do you want to lose Xiri again?" Angelo teleports over to the window and looks around frantically for papers that have to do with the Muk. Instabilities, controls put in place, even a types exhibited note would be useful. "If you all choose to split, all I ask is you let me know so I don't scramble around trying to save someone who wouldn't do me the same kindness."

Merilan
2015-07-17, 02:50 PM
Xiri flinches a little, but then she looks to Esperanza and shakes her head. She looks to Angelo and expresses, Angelo, that aura is much closer to us now. If we're planning on evading it, let's do it now.

Esprit15
2015-07-17, 03:21 PM
"Cool, where do you plan to go? Can you draw a map, or are we going to run blindly, hoping for one turn to be the one to take you out of here? What if our path is blocked by it?" Mustard's ball floats around his head now, ready to be thrown at a moment's notice.

He has a point, crass as he may be in stating it.

Merilan
2015-07-17, 03:23 PM
Xiri blinks once and emits in turn, The way we came in here. We're not lost or particularly deep in here, Angelo.

Esprit15
2015-07-17, 03:26 PM
"Great! Then why is it so bad that I try and-" and then the scent hit his nose. He starches anything that he managed to find and grabs the ball floating around him. "Okay, it's close enough. Let's go."

Merilan
2015-07-17, 03:27 PM
Xiri lets out a quiet sigh, and slips out towards the hallway the way they came. Esperanza, please keep a watchful eye on those presences. Xiri herself is keeping her Aura senses peeled for anything that might be trying to lurk on them.

Eshkigal
2015-07-21, 12:50 PM
Esper keeps staring at the source, nearer to the hallway.
Nightmare seems to be racing us there.
Meanwhile, as you begin running, the scent begins getting stronger, seeming to approach you at some speed if it is not already in the way. Meanwhile, as Cain runs, Sarin floats up onto his back to read what they grabbed.
Okay, okay, let's see...ah! Psychic/poison muk, seems to be made of hallucinogenic goo and stuff. Also seems to be surrounded by a sweet scent, that if you are in thirty feet is described as "overpowering" and seems to be some form of sleep gas, then it tries eating it's prey. Test subjects also describe lots of nightmares. Seems...oh this is disgusting. It uses this to better digest prey through their movement. And...well, crap. Any of their safety features should have already taken.
He begins rummaging through the notes again as you flee.
(Athletics from you both to see if you can be ahead of Nightmare.

Esprit15
2015-07-21, 01:41 PM
Cain bounces between running and teleporting forward as fast as he can. "Great, so it conks us out when it gets too close and eats us. Any instabilities in it? Responds poorly to sunlight, allergic to water, things we can use against it?"
Athletics: [roll0]

Should it be needed for the teleporting, Focus: [roll1]

Merilan
2015-07-21, 04:33 PM
Xiri runs as fast as her legs will take her, but she's aware that there will be the possibility they'll have to fight. She doesn't, exactly, have the ability to teleport, so no doubt she's behind. Thirty feet... let's be ready to outrange him if it comes to that...

[roll0] Athletics

Eshkigal
2015-07-22, 11:46 AM
Let's see, let's see...ah! Has traits that make absorbant powders render it immobile, cannot eat through glass!
Unfortunately the two are unable to set a good pace, having trouble getting back in the short period of time they have. There is a sizzle, as if something caustic was eroding metal nearby, and Esper and Xiri can see the black aura has moved down the hallway to the elevator.
Too late. We must find a different path for you all.

Merilan
2015-07-23, 01:41 AM
Xiri stops and cautions, It's in front of us! She grimaces for a moment and echoes, That was the way out. Are there other elevators or exits here, Esperanza?

Eshkigal
2015-07-23, 01:33 PM
Esper pauses, then nods.
Several. The nearest are in their territories though.

Esprit15
2015-07-23, 01:42 PM
"Well then let's not go through those ones."
How wide is the hall we are in?

Merilan
2015-07-23, 07:43 PM
Agreed. As best we can, let's avoid direct confrontation, Xiri chimes in. She glances around them for a moment, and focuses her senses on the other presence - the Audino. She doesn't want it to be close already...

Aura Senses [roll0]

Eshkigal
2015-07-26, 07:37 PM
Have a Map first off, this is what you've seen, will expand as we go. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dvPDDXXOjKORmTN6RRi6bsgK0Z5idQcqX-CnLINmdMA/edit#gid=0)

Thankfully, the audino seems to be farther out, the location currently unknown but down the hallway in front of you. However, a lighter aura is extinguished in the distance. Esper points down the hallway, though, which is up towards Audino territory.
Nightmare is blind, so it should have trouble finding us this far out. But be quiet, and be ready to run.

Esprit15
2015-07-26, 08:16 PM
Angelo nods, taking a step into the open before teleporting to the opposite side, hiding behind the wall. Maybe the ghost girl couldn't do that, but the less chance to be seen, the better.

Merilan
2015-07-26, 08:20 PM
Xiri looks to Angelo's plan, and tries to suss out the best plan she had for herself. As Sarin said, the Muk was psychic, so being blind may not necessarily be an advantage if it could pick them out through extrasensory perceptions, much like she was...

She heads further down the hallway, finding the largest piece of debris to hide behind. Esperanza, let's try to diminish our mental thoughts as much as we can. She keeps her Aura active, however, trying to outplay the Muk in a sixth sense battle - if she can keep her psychic presence down but still detect it by its Aura, perhaps they can elude it...

Eshkigal
2015-07-27, 07:43 PM
Nightmare seems thankfully distracted, and you both make your way past the exit at least. Down the right hallway, there are a number of doorways, but a sign halfway down makes it seem that more pathways may be available here, as it says you are entering office spaces now.

Merilan
2015-07-28, 06:52 PM
Xiri tries to focus on looking for a way out -- if this office followed any kind of standard, there may be remnants of emergency exist in case of fire or other kind of urgent situation.

Esprit15
2015-08-02, 09:55 PM
Angelo has stopped for a second, walking the width of the hallway with a hand outstretched to the darkness. "And... There. Not going that way, might as well make sure they can't follow right away. Hm... We're underground. Mustard might be able to dig us out." He holds up the heavy ball. "Want to risk a cave in?"

Eshkigal
2015-08-03, 01:27 AM
Looking into the office, it seems the room has been left dark for a long time, though from power loss, damage, or someone having hit the switch in the room at some past time, it is unknown. However, several computers seem to be in the area, cubicles lining the walls, and a hallway can be seen at the very end, though whether or not that is headed where you need to go is another matter entirely. Xiri can sense two auras in the room, though taking a moment to listen, one can be heard dozing, snores piercing the otherwise pervasive silence.
"Truuu...biiiish...truuuu....biiiish..."

Merilan
2015-08-03, 08:32 PM
Xiri blinks a few times, trying to hone in on what ... kind of aura are in these rooms. Assumedly, they aren't the dark ones -- are they human, or pokemon? She keeps quiet for now, trying to conceal her own presence.

Eshkigal
2015-08-03, 08:55 PM
Looking around, dust coats the room still, save for small footprints. Far too small for a human, and animalistic on top of that anyway.
(Turning a light on might help more. Just going to say this now though, you guys are the only humans left in the place.)

Merilan
2015-08-07, 02:37 PM
There's a quiet frown from Xiri, but then she echoes to Angelo, Two small creatures. Probably mice. I'm going to turn the light on - can't find an exit like this... and starts searching for a switch for the light against the wall.

Esprit15
2015-08-07, 02:47 PM
"Those didn't sound like mice..." Angelo sighs, his previous idea apparently being ignored.

Eshkigal
2015-08-08, 11:17 AM
You manage to find the lightswitch, and flick it. From there you can see the carnage, more blood scattered about and staining walls, signs of things being dragged into holes or consumed laying about, what human remains left about dried and shriveled. Papers lay scattered about, and it smells of rot in here, which, when a garbage can yelps and wobbles over, makes a lot more sense when the trash blinks at you.
"Trub?"
The garbage looks confused at you both, unsure what you must be.

Esprit15
2015-08-08, 11:57 AM
Cain again goes into a defensive stance. "Sarin, are they hostile?"

Hello. Are you guys okay? Have you seen any other Pokémon around? What happened here?

Eshkigal
2015-08-08, 12:09 PM
The trubbish waves, seeming to not be bothered by the mental connection
"Trub trub!"
Place has been like this since the long ago. Born here. Eldest says rage destroyed cruel monsters. Set many free! Seen many many! Wary of two. Great, powerful. Beware mercy. Beware anger.
The trubbish looks to Esper, before giving a yelp and diving back in the trash.
Ah, Anger! Hide!

Merilan
2015-08-08, 03:58 PM
Xiri grimaces for a moment, before echoing out to the Trubbish, No-- it's okay. She won't hurt you...

She tries to glance for an obvious exit that isn't barred off in this office room, now that the lights are on. And then to Angelo: I want to see if we can locate a usable exit first, or even a blocked exit we can burrow through.

Esprit15
2015-08-08, 04:05 PM
"Mustard could probably burrow through anything short of a wall of steel, if we want to dig straight up."

Eshkigal
2015-08-09, 09:48 PM
Esper hangs on to Xiri's arm still with one arm, but has the other hiding behind her back.
Actually, they kinda have a point. Their smell is rather repugnant...
Angelo can see she is building up a ball of greenish fire, likely to purge the putrescent pokemon before her. But when Xiri speaks, the ball flickers out of existence. However, the trubbish peek back out, looking thoughtful.
There is the light window though. But...Anger...
They go back to cringing in the wastebin.
(Charm if you want them to show you about)