PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a sound effect

F1zban
2015-03-03, 07:54 AM
Hello Forum,

I'm looking for some sound effects for my homebrew setting. I'm after something to play to my players when they meet the 'Ancient Spirits'.

Looking for a gentle but alien vocals. Something in the way of singing or moaning? When I say alien, I mean something that wouldn't be recognised as human vocals, yet at the same time I want it to be soothing.

The spirits are not ghosts. They are very alive and very corporeal, however they are not physical in the same way as other organic life. They are a life-form that is basically made up of energy and gas. When the characters meet them, they will be coming down from the sky, floating and fleeting around the characters whilst whispering into their minds. I am after a sound effect to represent the audible manifestation of the spirit's language. That way the players will be hearing this noise, associating it with the words I say, thus representing the characters hearing this strange noise but knowing what it means.

I hope I have been clear enough for you guys, I can hear the sound in my head already but I am having trouble putting it to words properly.

Thanks in advance.

F1zban
2015-03-03, 08:17 AM
Apologies, duplicate thread