PDA

View Full Version : Player Help making a character theme

Rentirith
2015-03-03, 09:37 PM
TL;DR - lazy player is tired of set backs and wants his damn character done right.

players of dnd.
if you have chosen to take the time out of your day to read this, then by now you realize that i am pathetic in my attempts to create a good first dnd character.
So i come to you, the people of the internet, seeking aid.

my first character is suppose to be themed after Marvel comic's Daimon Hellstrom. http://marvel.wikia.com/Daimon_Hellstrom_(Earth-616)

i started him as a human warlock with a major devil bloodline. I then asked about how to make him a half-fiend, and you people informed me of the half-fiend template class, and i was joyful.

Sadly, the DM has denied me access to template classes on the grounds that they are to confusing, though to me it sounds like they are just different versions of bloodlines. grr.

anyway, with every attempt to customize him further into the amazing devil/devil hunter i know him to be, i have been shut down. From using a wish from my pit-fiend father, to even using the hellfire-warlock prestige class (he will only use certain books that he can find online at a certain website, even though i have shown him safe alternatives), there have been in-numerous road-blocks.

Now, almost on the edge of despair, i turn to you. the masters. the oracles of dungeons and dragons.

have you any ideas for my character?

right now he is a lvl 2 human warlock with a major devil bloodline. He has a medium trident, and is using the invocations sickening blast and one other (haven't decided on which yet). His feats are weapon focus trident, arcane mastery, and dodge (from the bloodline).

here are the books i can use:

PHB 1 & 2
DMG
MM
Complete adventurer, arcane, mage, scoundrel, and warrior
Tome of Magic and Battle
unearthed arcana
magic item compendium (though DM reserves judgement on individual items and enchantments)
heroes of horror

i am aiming for him to be a ranged controller warlock who can hold his own, at least a little, in melee. thats why he has the trident.

i think that eventually the best weapon for him to have would be a metalline holy trident with a greater fiendslayer augment crystal. maybe a vampirism enchantment for some self healing, sort of a 'suck the soul out' thing going on.

i know that he would benefit from a warlock's scepter, and the dm will let him cast invocations while holding a trident and scepter.

i know that this is extremely early to be asking about this, but if you have any ideas to make him more unique than the run of the mill 'i sold my soul and now im on tlc' warlock, please let me know. Even if its just a unique item or role playing idea, please tell me.

okay, thats it. move along now, nothing to see here.