PDA

View Full Version : [Empire, Private] A History of Violence

zabbarot
2015-03-03, 10:37 PM
Private RP for Empire game. If you aren't invited specifically any knowledge of the events herein is OOC.

[Spring 506]

A group of mashahidi and watafiti made their way towards Kapital* on camelback. Hushyarr ran alongside them, but kept a bit of a distance between himself and the camels. With them they brought gifts of food and jewels, and a sampling of osuro. They brought no wine with them, the memory of Guilder's mistake was not lost in the war. Hushyarr took the lead as they approached the gates.

"I am Hushyarr, Shahidi Mkuu of the Radurjic faith and representative of the Umoja wa Jamhuri za Radurja. I have arranged a meeting with the Megadeth Khaboss." He sat and waited for the saroc to open the gates.

*also the city name probably?

I got no idea what this place really looks like tbh : P So feel free to pretend I'm right. Also feel free to skip ahead to the talkin' bits.

QuintonBeck
2015-03-03, 11:34 PM
The great walled city that marked the capital of Kapital bustled with Saroc guards and Monto servants scuttled about to and fro carrying messages and items requested by their Saroc masters. At the approach of the Radurjic party the great arbalests, recently mounted on the walls and designed off Tzaltec blueprints gifted to the Megadeth wheeled about to focus on the group as the drew near. At the sound of Hushyarr's voice the Saroc barked a series of messages in their language before a Saroc dressed in finely made plate stepped forward and peered down at the representatives.

"Megadeth Stormskull expecting you. Hadnik stay outside. Tribute taking by us," at his words a platoon of armed Saroc warriors issued forth from the opening gates and began pilfering the caravan and surrounding the mashahidi and watafiti to block them off from Hushyarr.

The Saroc who had spoken descended the ramparts and came down to meet Hushyarr.

"Your hadnik is safe, come now," the commander gestured for Hushyarr to follow him, leading the lionesque beast into the city.

It's streets bustled with Saroc and Monto as trade offers were shouted from stalls primarily run by Monto and guards entirely composed of Saroc stood around with axes and swords strapped to their sides, watching over the city. Children ran through the street and played, Saroc and Monto forming opposing teams for games centered around a kicked ball or tag. The buildings were well built but clearly old, older than METAL's conquest of the city, and bore faded signs of ransack cleaned up and covered over in the ensuing years. The Saroc who was guiding Hushyarr made no comment as they walked and barely even looked in Hushyarr's direction but to ensure he was still alongside him. Eventually the pair reached the interior of the city and the great palace that marked its center.

A Monto, dressed in fine robes of vaguely Tzaltec design stood waiting for them outside holding his hands clasped before him.

"Good Emissary Hushyarr, it is a pleasure to have you. Please, if you will accompany myself the Megadeth Khaboss is eager to speak with you," the Monto gave a nod to the Saroc captain who simply grunted and left the entrance to the palace.

"When we received your letter we were most surprised. We had thought the UJR was a staunch ally of the Empire of Dawn who so despises our lord and master Stormskull for his breaking of their Empire but it seems we may have misjudged whom your nation considers hadnik," as the Monto spoke and the two entered the palace Hushyarr took in the grandiose scale of the palace and its daunting extravagance.

From the walls great tapestries hung, made of rich fabrics and created with great artistry they were interspersed with massive portraits, seemingly newly made, of Stormskull in various poses and in various states of action and undress. In one he tore apart a great bison that appeared to have charged him by grasping its horns and ripping it down the middle, in another he stood atop what Hushyarr would recognize as a Shintouite fortress holding the black banner of his namesake. In others he appeared regal, draped in a gold trimmed and jeweled fur and striking the pose of a regal monarch. In the one beside the door they stopped near he was dressed as a Tzaltec prince, though the coloring of his clothing was in a different hue, and wielded a scepter topped with a dragon's head.

"The Megadeth is most eager to begin conversation with you Shahidi Mkuu Hushyarr, it is advised you not keep him waiting."

With that the Monto attendant opened up the door they had stopped before revealing an even grander throne room than the hall outside filled with precious metal, art, and jewels. And at the far end sat Stormskull, draped in a bison fur, upon an ostentatious throne of gold, itself back set with a shining and pulsing red heart ruby. Up and down the hall towards the Saroc king stood well armored and well armed Saroc brandishing wicked looking weapons that did not appear in the least to be ceremonial.

"Shahidi Mkuu Hushyarr of the west, welcome to my court!" the Saroc's voice was powerful and echoed loudly through the hall.

zabbarot
2015-03-04, 02:37 PM
Hushyarr hurried along accepting the silence of the saroc. It was good to see the children playing together, even if they chose opposite teams. There was hope for a peaceful future at least.

He greeted the monto with a slight bow, primarily since he found shaking hands awkward. "Your assumptions are well founded. The UJR is a staunch ally of the EoD, but I try not to hold grudges. The war was lost, we must make the best of what we are given. Were it for me to decide the whole world would be allies. Dancing and singing are more fun than politics and war." He grinned and looked at the many tapestries. As the monto opened the door Hushyarr again gave the same slight bow before going ahead.

"And what an impressive court it is, Megadeth Khaboss Stormskull." Hushyarr took a sweeping look around the room. There was no sarcasm in his tone, it really was quite an impressive throne room. "I am unfamiliar with your custom, but I have walked a long way. Am I permitted to sit in your presence?" His tone was polite, but informal. He went ahead and approached the saroc as near as he was permitted so that they might have a conversation without needing to shout at one another across the hall.

"The man who led me in informed me that my request came as a surprise. Which is understandable, we have not spoken previously and the war is still recent memory, but I think we have many things to gain from working together. And indeed, working together is what I wish to speak to you about.

QuintonBeck
2015-03-04, 08:36 PM
"Of course you may sit." he gestured an invitation for Hushyarr to take a seat.

"I have heard tales of your kind in stories. It is a great honor to slay a She'er. The furs of my predecessor were from a great She'er walker who encountered Megadeth Holy Khaboss Ilistik in his wanderings before becoming Megadeth. It was said the beast gave him much struggle and was a worthwhile foe for individual challenge even if no match for a full hadnik."

Hushyarr couldn't tell if the Megadeth's intent was to threaten him but it seemed the tone was friendly, conversational even, despite the subject matter.

"I would guess your gains far outweigh any gains of my own given the riches of our lands and the peace held by our alliances in the east," the Megadeth's lips curled into a cruel smile, "But please, tell me of your thoughts taken to be so important as to travel you all the way to my hall."

zabbarot
2015-03-04, 09:25 PM
Hushyarr smiled, choosing to take it as polite conversation. "Few can stand to a full hadnik. My life among the she'er was brief though. Just long enough for my father to tell me I was old enough to fend for myself.

"Moving on to the reason for my visit though. I have heard stories of both your faith and that of the Monto. These stories are of particular interest to me. I'm not sure what you might have heard of me, or the faith I preach, but I collect these tales. I have spent over a hundred years traveling the world and meeting with what gods have been willing. While I was learning of your faith however, I heard tale that you have adopted the teachings of the Dragon Cult of the Tzalteca. This came as quite a shock to me. I have had previous dealings with the Cult, I even helped Nezetkhamun attain his current form, but I have no love for the Tzalteca.

"As one who studies the faiths of this world, your conversion intrigues me. I want to understand it, and upon my return to Miji Mkuu I will record what we discuss here, so that future generations may understand as well. I could tell you my understanding of the Cult if you wish, but if you don't mind setting the tone? I have no desire to offend you."

QuintonBeck
2015-03-04, 09:41 PM
"You bring many questions Hushyarr of the She'er. Though we had not a saying for it until recent years, information is power. Why should I inform you, a stranger, of my thoughts and inner council in exchange for nothing? Unless of course you offer a price of exchange for this knowledge it seems to me a poor deal." The Megadeth smiled, his expression implying bemusement but there was no mistaking he meant the words he'd said.

zabbarot
2015-03-04, 09:53 PM
"That depends on what it is you desire. Knowledge is power though, and I have worked hard to collect a great deal of it. Don't misunderstand though. I would share it freely. Knowledge betters us all, and we in turn can better the world. The Radurjic Codex is my lives' work. In it the name of every god followed across half the world is recorded, along with the rites and desires thereof, and details of the peoples who follow them.

"If there is anything you wish to know, I can find out. Is such an offer enough to pique your interest?"

QuintonBeck
2015-03-04, 10:03 PM
The Megadeth Khaboss laughed loudly at Hushyarr's words, "You offer in exchange for knowledge known to me and my closest and a path to serve as insight between my nation and my friends of Tzaltec who you openly admit no love for knowledge given by you freely to any who would ask? This coupled now with knowing that were I to surrender such knowledge to you it too would become open to any who might request it?" Stormskull laughed again.

"No Hushyarr, I'm afraid your offer does not interest me. Were I to even have an interest in the nations of the west I would simply take the knowledge you offer freely than pay for it as you propose. I must commend your balsat though. Truly have I never seen one so bold."

zabbarot
2015-03-04, 10:17 PM
Hushyarr pursed his lips at the saroc's laughter. "I am not offering the books as payment, those are free. I am offering to speak to the gods on your behalf, maybe give you an insight into something important to you. In my lands it is not uncommon for one to consult an oracle and receive a blessing from the spirits. Your allies to the north have adopted the practice as well.

QuintonBeck
2015-03-04, 10:25 PM
"Northern allies?" Stormskull's brow furled, "I would presume you speak of Glazfell and her vassals? They are no allies of mine. For one so immersed in knowledge you are poorly informed Hushyarr. Alas, were they my friends your offer falls flat. I have yet already received a blessing from the ancestors and powers beyond. I received it when I slayed Gebui and it has proven itself taken to me. I have witnessed the soul of my enemy and the lifting hands of those who came before at the behest of Holy Ilistik. I would wager what you might conjure would pale in comparison to what I have witnessed."

"It seems I was correct when you first brought forth your request for exchange. I bear far more than you and you have nothing to offer me that I do not already possess or do not desire."