PDA

View Full Version : Evil Healing

TheCrowing1432
2015-03-04, 03:53 AM
I want to play an evil character with leadership and I wanted my cohort to be my medic/buff bot and heal me after battles.

Trouble is, evil clerics and such can only cast inflict spells.

Is there a way to have an evil character cast cure spells/heal/restoration etc.

Pilo
2015-03-04, 04:10 AM
Evil clerics can cast cure wounds, heal and restoration, they have to prepare them though.

TheCrowing1432
2015-03-04, 04:15 AM
I thought they could only channel negative energy and couldnt cast those spells at all.

Kane0
2015-03-04, 04:34 AM
They can prepare cure spells as normal, but their channels (In PF) are negative energy and their spontaneous conversion are for inflict spells, yes.

Alternatively there is the arcane spell lesser vigor for out of combat healing, or its PF counterpart Infernal Healing.

That gives you the choice of a wizard/sorcerer cohort instead if you wish. They can have handy buffs too.

Oh, and if you have access to 3.5 material you can take the tomb tainted soul feat to heal from negative energy like undead, so your evil cleric can heal you with his inflict spells.

singera
2015-03-04, 04:49 AM
i'm just leaving this feat here Blessing of the Godless (Exemplars of Evil)
for 25 gp a charge you easily get a large sum of healing for not just yourself but 4 of your closest party members and your cohort
mind this only applies in 3.5

Andezzar
2015-03-04, 07:15 AM
I thought they could only channel negative energy and couldnt cast those spells at all.Evil clerics and clerics of an evil deity cannot cast spells with the [good] descriptor. None of the cure spells have that.

Also, whether good or evil, a cleric has better things to do than giving his party members a couple of d8 HP back. If you really need to save someone from dying use a wand, scroll or potion. Some cure spells can even be put on eternal wands (from the Bard or Knight of the Weave list)