PDA

View Full Version : Spell Immunity, what to pick

Grand Warchief
2015-03-04, 09:36 AM
My cleric just got access to spell immunity via the protection domain and I was wondering what spells she should pick. She's mostly the party buffer/healer and user DMM on buffs extend/persist. I was just curious what is generally considered the best spells to gain protection from. She already has mind blank from an item.

Grand Warchief
2015-03-04, 09:37 AM
Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, I couldn't find another thread about it :(

PseudoPanda
2015-03-04, 11:27 AM
Well as a cleric you probably have good Fort save and definitely have a good Will save so you shouldn't worry about those too much. Reflex saves are usually direct damage that can easily be overcome so what you want to focus on are those spells that don't provide saves but do allow SR such as enervation or ray of enfeeblement. If you for some reason have a low Fort save (I've seen it before) then focusing on some of those nasties (like baleful polymorph) is also a good idea. Even if you have a low Fort, there isn't much Spell Immunity can protect you from (4th level and lower spells) and there aren't a whole lot of big threats at this level anyway.

Also, note that you get access to this spell from the cleric spell list normally so don't waste a domain slot if you have a noncleric spell available

Grand Warchief
2015-03-04, 12:48 PM
never mind. I just looked at my saint template and realized I'm immune to all spells lvl 3 and lower XD. I don't suppose you can think of any 4th level spells that would be worth it do you? My domains are good, protection, and healing so I don't really have much else to use the slot on lol.

Urpriest
2015-03-04, 12:51 PM
It's really going to depend on who you're fighting. I'd make sure to run some divinations (probably Divination) the day before adventuring, to get an idea of what sorts of casters you might encounter.

RolandDeschain
2015-03-04, 12:55 PM
So...Enervation is a thing, and it sucks.

Grand Warchief
2015-03-04, 01:19 PM
So...Enervation is a thing, and it sucks.

See? That's what I'm looking for. I have SR but that's easy to overcome at this level. Thank you. I'll add that to my list. Any other ideas? I can do 1 per 4 caster level so that's 4 I can choose

Lathund
2015-03-04, 01:42 PM
Evard's Black Tentacles, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Scrying. Although I guess the second might not be the worst problem.

Urpriest
2015-03-04, 01:46 PM
Evard's Black Tentacles, Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, Scrying. Although I guess the second might not be the worst problem.

Won't help with the first one, no SR.

Grand Warchief
2015-03-04, 01:49 PM

Already immune to Scrying