PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a character

ngilop
2015-03-04, 01:05 PM
Hey guys, I am currently making a character for a 5th level game.

I have decided on a beguiler/rogue ( 4/1) with rogue being my 6th level.

here are the books allowed

Relics and Rituals: Excalibur, Relics & Rituals: Olympus, Relics and Rituals I, Relics and Rituals II, Draconimicon, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, Complete Warrior, Complete Adventurer, Complete Book of Eldritch Might (Malhavoc Press), Book of Hallowed Might I, Book of Hallowed Might II, Book of Roguish Luck, Frostburn, Stormwrack, Sandstorm, Dungeonscape, Cityscape, Dragon Magic, Races of the Dragon, Complete Scoundrel, Complete Champion, Complete Mage, Lords of Madness, Libris Mortis. Also note; anything from here: http://www.d20srd.org/ is allowed.

NOTE: this is set in an alternate roman era earth so Asian themed classes ( samurai monk etc etc) are not allowed.

I went with beguiler 4 because I feel that 2nd level spells are a bit more worthwhile to me currently than evasion.

I just need to know what items to purchase and what feats I need.

my plan is to be a scout and magical support my stats being in order 12/14/12/16/10/10. I am probably not going into rogue any further than lvl 4, if I even go past lvl 2 honestly. I am trading out the rogue trapfinding to grab I think its penetrating strike?

for my first advance learning I planned on nabbin Heroism.

this is what the party is right now

wizard/Duskblade, (I think going into abj champ), barbarian/sorc ( idk here but dragon disciple would be my guess) Cleric and a paladin.

so don't try to Tippy my character here, I just don't know much about beguilers as ivenever played on before let alone make one. Also starting at a higher level always weighs me down in terms of items I am just not good wit that LOL.

Sian
2015-03-04, 02:08 PM
don't know about what your 3rd party books bring to the table, but unless they got something in the lines of Changelings Rogue 1 substitution level (and only if taking Rogue as first level), chances are very high that Beguiler 5 is much stronger.

As you're never going to be a damage dealer (Beguiler are rather inept at that) a few sneak attack dice, or Penetrading strike are band-aiding Titanic. If your concern are Undeads, then remember that you still have quite a few Illusions that aren't mind-affecting, say by using silent lmage (or similar) to create a wall around it, or prehaps simpler, go buff-bot playing around with the decent utility belt you've been given

Galen
2015-03-04, 02:20 PM
Beguiler/Rogue is an ideal candidate for Unseen Seer (Complete Mage). As luck would have it, Rogue 1/ Beguiler 4 can just meet the prereqs, and your next levels can be in US.

ngilop
2015-03-05, 08:16 PM
Im not really looking to be a damage dealer, as much as a sneaky guy.

What I really need help with is the items I should be getting. Im not really sure what all I need and such.