PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Assassins Creed Rogue

XanOfFiveHills
2015-03-05, 03:16 AM
Hey, I want to create a Rogue based on the Assassins Creed Black Flag character. I am playing an human assassin rogue, and I want to play him, as running along roof tops diving on top of people from above, wall walking etc.

So I was thinking of cross classing with sorcerer/wizard as this would allow me the spider climb and feather fall spells. As anyone got any advice or alternative that I could do with this character?

That'd be great.

Cheers
Xan

Hyena
2015-03-05, 03:46 AM
I think what you want is actually not an assassin rogue, but a shadow monk. Shortswords and daggers are both monk weapons in this edition, too!

Strill
2015-03-05, 04:35 AM
I would just take Expertise in acrobatics, and use that to pull off those climbing maneuvers. For Feather Fall, I think it would be more prudent to find a magic item than to multiclass for it. See if you can get your DM on-board.

Gwendol
2015-03-05, 05:54 AM
Why not a monk/rogue multiclass?

Grand Warchief
2015-03-05, 08:09 AM
Yeah, shadow monk/assassin rogue was my thoughts as well. Maybe level up in multiples of 4 so you don't lose the ASI.

Seruvius
2015-03-05, 08:35 AM
shadow monk/assassin rogue combo. possibly even 2 levels of Warlock in there as well, to mimic the whole eagle-sight and so you can see in your magic darkness. amazing scout and great for the 1shot crit assassination feel of ass-creed.

Daishain
2015-03-05, 09:15 AM
shadow monk/assassin rogue combo. possibly even 2 levels of Warlock in there as well, to mimic the whole eagle-sight and so you can see in your magic darkness. amazing scout and great for the 1shot crit assassination feel of ass-creed.
Seconded.

Eldritch Blast can even be reflavored to be a decent substitute for mister Kenway's quad pistol barrage.

heavyfuel
2015-03-05, 12:31 PM
Shadow Monk 6 for that sweet at will teleport, Assassin Rogue 3 for Assassinate. ASIs are somewhat unnecessary in this build, since it's not feat intensive and you only need high Dex. Maybe go some/all levels of Rogue first for skills, bonus actions, and sneak attack (and assassinate), but I personally prefer getting the Jump as quickly as possible

MrSinister
2015-03-05, 01:55 PM
I like the idea of Shadow Monk 6/Thief Rogue 3.

what about adding in some Fighter for extra combat oomph? Battlemaster 3 for all kinda of weird "Hit B to Counter, X to Attack" assassin moves? or Champion 3 just for hitting harder?