PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next New Forms of Indefinite Madness for D&D 5e in a free pdf

JamesIntrocaso
2015-03-05, 08:52 AM
So I love the indefinite madness options in the Dungeon Master's Guide, but I do wish there were more. I made a few for my site. Take a look and let me know what you think!

http://worldbuilderblog.me/2015/03/05/going-extra-mad/

GuesssWho
2015-03-05, 09:57 PM
Neat stuff :smallbiggrin:

Bharaeth
2015-03-06, 07:29 AM
Hey, these are nice.

A thought, though. Aren't Indefinite Madnesses in the DM meant to be less severe, considering how they have no expiry date? I like the flavour of the various kinds you're got, but I personally would tone down most of the Violent Madness options, to only require violence and assault, rather than 100% murder each time. I mean, sure, that person will still end up in jail anyway, but it will be after a week or so, rather than just on day 1!

JamesIntrocaso
2015-03-06, 10:09 AM
Hey, these are nice.

A thought, though. Aren't Indefinite Madnesses in the DM meant to be less severe, considering how they have no expiry date? I like the flavour of the various kinds you're got, but I personally would tone down most of the Violent Madness options, to only require violence and assault, rather than 100% murder each time. I mean, sure, that person will still end up in jail anyway, but it will be after a week or so, rather than just on day 1!

That's definitely not my interpretation of the indefinite madness in the DMG. I like my madness severe or then it's just meh-ness. Besides just because a character has cause to kill doesn't mean she/he needs to make every social encounter a blood bath. They still have their Intelligence intact, so they can play the flaws and commit crimes in private. Or maybe they get pleasure from killing but know it's wrong so they hold it in, or kill animals all the time rather than people. There's more than one way to interpret these flaws and that is by design!