PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next "From Chaos breeds the Elements. From the Elements breeds Creation" Warlock Patron

Amnoriath
2015-03-05, 10:07 AM
Some credit goes wayfare for the idea of this subclass with his Titan patron http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?369307-New-Warlock-Patron-The-Titan

The Forging Primordial
Many claim that light is the answer to the darkness but at the dawn of time another answer was given. The Primordials forged the elements out of the nothingness giving the fundamentals to which all of creation spawned from. Warlock who beseech this Patron draw from the residual energies of the Primordials from the environment around them in order to reforge the world around them.
Primordial Spell List
1st: Chromatic Orb, Identify
2nd: Enlarge/Reduce, Shatter
3rd: Call Lightning, Gaseous Form
4th: Fabricate, Stoneskin
5th: Conjure Elemental, Telekinesis

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OlKViriJLwQ/TUU5xzc9BmI/AAAAAAAAAVM/s8PAmq1lWas/s1600/Titan-Forge.jpg
Least Creation: At 1st level as an action you can reshape nearby dust, dirt, or offal into a non-magical object that weighs no more than 2 lb/level. This object can be made out of any common material (wood, copper, stone, iron, hemp, cotton, bronze, burlap, etc) and has all the properties of that material. If the object is destroyed or if it leaves your person it immediately crumbles into the material it was crafted from. You may only have one such object created at a time in which the former crumbles if another is made.

Core of Elements: At 6th level as a bonus action you can wreathe yourself energy giving you resistance to acid, cold, fire, lightning, and thunder damage. Additionally any enemy within 10 feet of you takes 1d12+warlock level in energy damage allowing a Dexterity save save for half using your warlock spell DC. If they were forced into the area and succeed on the save they may use their reaction to move up to their speed to avoid you. You may choose which energy damage from above you deal when you activate this. This lasts until the beginning of your next turn. Once you have used this you must complete a short or long rest to use it again

Primordial Hand: At level 10 when you would successfully save against a spell that deals damage except for psychic, radiant, or necrotic you don't take any damage or ill effect. Additionally when you would make a successful attack or cast a spell that doesn't deal any of the above damage types it bypasses resistance and deals maximum damage. Once this is used you must complete a short or long rest to use it again.

Genesis Forge: At level 14 you always act like you have the Living Construct feature of a Warforged and know Fireball and Protection from Energy spells.
Additionally, as an action you may cast Wall of Stone without needing any components or concentration. However unlike the regular version it may be made out of any one material you can think of and the panels need not be continuous. While the wall may have all the properties and strength of the material you copy people are entitled to an Investigation check of 15 to determine authenticity. Once you have used this you must complete a long rest to use it again.

bloodshed343
2015-03-05, 10:30 AM
I was about to post my own primordial pact warlock, but yours is better, so I'm stealing it. +1 internets for you.

Amnoriath
2015-03-05, 02:04 PM
I was about to post my own primordial pact warlock, but yours is better, so I'm stealing it. +1 internets for you.

If that means that you will use it for your campaign send me a message on how it works.

bloodshed343
2015-03-05, 02:37 PM
If that means that you will use it for your campaign send me a message on how it works.

No one wants to play my campaign, so, it might take some time xD

Amnoriath
2015-03-06, 11:31 AM
Anyone else?

Myzz
2015-03-10, 10:42 AM
on Core of Elements...

I think I'd refluff Armor of Agathys (with choice of elemental dmg type), give it as a 1/short or long rest, cast at the level for which you have slots...

That removes the AE nature of the spell, but gives it more teeth if the Warlock is hit and gives temp HP...

IF you wanted to go further you could define what each element gives...

Air = + 2 AC based on increased Dex, +2 Dex saves and +10 move speed?
Earth = +2 AC hardened armor, +Temp HP = Cha mod + Warlock Level?
Fire/Cold/lightning = Same as Armor of Agathys
Thunder = Same as AoO, except dmg is halved but attackers are thrown 10ft (15?)

it would give you effectively an extra spell slot, IF this is too powerful of a change you could limit its effectiveness to a level 3 slot (what level slots you have when you acquire this ability at level 6