PDA

View Full Version : The "- - - Updated - - -" feature.

Logic
2015-03-05, 12:01 PM
Sometime in the past few months, I've noted that some posts contain an "Updated" note as shown below. As someone that frequently edits one's own posts, how does this feature work?

I'd be interested in playing

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be interested in playing

Rawhide
2015-03-05, 12:20 PM
Uhh... use - - - Updated - - -?

TheCountAlucard
2015-03-05, 01:00 PM
Uhh... use - - - Updated - - -?Uh, Rawhide, I think he's referring to what I suspect is a glitch that comes up in threads from time to time. A post or two of mine did that last month, actually (but I just went in and edited out the silver "Updated"). IIRC, it mostly showed up when I inadvertently double-posted.

Rawhide
2015-03-05, 01:11 PM
Uh, Rawhide, I think he's referring to when it comes up in a thread unintentionally. A post or two of mine did that last month, actually (but I just went in and edited out the silver "Updated").

Simple answer: You can't. You'll have to manually put it in like that.

Complex answer: It's part of the accidental double post prevention measures. It'll only trigger if you accidentally double post in a very short amount of time on certain forums.

TheCountAlucard
2015-03-05, 01:13 PM

Complex answer: It's part of the accidental double post prevention measures. It'll only trigger if you accidentally double post in a very short amount of time on certain forums.Looks like you posted a reply at the same time as I edited my post to guess at something similar. :smalltongue:

Logic
2015-03-05, 01:33 PM

Complex answer: It's part of the accidental double post prevention measures. It'll only trigger if you accidentally double post in a very short amount of time on certain forums.
Without testing this, that seems to be the answer. So thank you for sating my curiosity.