PDA

View Full Version : Binder Pact Augmentation Abilities

thompur
2015-03-05, 12:33 PM
I'm playing a Binder in a home game. I've just reached 2nd level, and need to choose a Pact Augmentation ability.
My first reaction was to take the +5 HP, but I have an 18 con and we get max HP.
What have other Binder players in the playground taken in the early levels?
By the way, it looks like I will be taking the roll of tank for the party as everybody else is a spell caster or ranged.

A Tad Insane
2015-03-05, 01:26 PM
Just so you know, you can change which one you have every day.

The +1 saving throw is good at low levels, as it affects all your saves. The extra insight ac would help with low level tankiness, or the initiative to, well, initiate

Zaq
2015-03-05, 02:19 PM
None of them are likely to change the way you play the character . . . they're not big enough to really be character-defining. So long as you're marginally aware of your situations when you're taking them (e.g., don't take the bonus to attack rolls if you're not planning on attacking anything, and don't take energy resistance to acid when you're going up against Salamanders), you can't really make a bad choice.

The Viscount
2015-03-05, 10:20 PM
I haven't yet used the energy resistance because in my campaign I don't typically know enough about my upcoming enemies for it to be useful. I usually go with initiative (because I have bad luck with initiative rolls) or saves (because it applies to all).