PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need advice on where to put a +1 to an ability and if there is a feat to go with it

Glarnog
2015-03-05, 03:14 PM
High Elf Evoker 6
Str 10
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 18
Wis 12
Chr 8

Has a +1 boon from a godling to spend on any ability, except Dex. Are there any good plus +1 Int feats for an Evoker? Or any good +1 feats to any stat but Dex for him in which case I guess use my 8th level for int and then 12 for where ever the odd one goes?

Thanks

Myzz
2015-03-05, 03:23 PM
Resilient Con? +1 Con, and proficiency with Constitution Checks?

Keen Mind? +1 Int, Cool memorization things.

Linguist? +1 Int, 3 Languages and create unbreakable ciphers?

Observant? +1 Int or Wis, +5 passive Perception (and Passive Investigation), Read lips?

Those are the ones I would consider...

I'd ONLY do Resilient Con if I was NOT planning on getting War Caster... Keen Mind and Linguist are really RP stuff, but are cool RP stuff to go along with your high Int...

Observant is probably the most useful of these if you dont take many hits (which hopefully your not) which means not needing to concentrate through damage... But your Wisdom probably sucks... Which this could offset???

Easy_Lee
2015-03-05, 03:34 PM
I'm a fan of Resilient con just because con checks are not something you want to fail. I would personally take +1 INT, get +1 INT and CON at your next ASI, and take Resilient CON at the ASI after.

Glarnog
2015-03-05, 03:37 PM
The character is not currently planning on taking War Caster. Though he did just loose all 4 fingers form one hand... So need to see how the Dm feels that affect casting.

Glarnog
2015-03-05, 03:38 PM
And thanks. Those are some great ideas.

TrexPushups
2015-03-05, 03:40 PM
The character is not currently planning on taking War Caster. Though he did just loose all 4 fingers form one hand... So need to see how the Dm feels that affect casting.

And that is why your mother told you to never juggle scimitars...

Glarnog
2015-03-06, 10:40 AM
She should have told me to not steal jewels from a goddlingess of Torture, Execution and Flagellation, even if the theif isn't up to the job. :) However at least I was wearing clean underwear.

TrexPushups
2015-03-06, 10:54 AM
She should have told me to not steal jewels from a goddlingess of Torture, Execution and Flagellation, even if the theif isn't up to the job. :) However at least I was wearing clean underwear.

And that is why she likes your older brother better. Not only does he have common sense dear, but he has already settled down and had some grand babies.

When are you going to give up that dreadful adventuring and meet a nice girl?

Glarnog
2015-03-08, 03:13 PM
Well she didn't like that greenhaired human girl I brought home. Besides I'm only 115. I think 250 sounds about right to start to think of taking the plunge.