PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Ford seriously injured in plane crash

-Sentinel-
2015-03-05, 07:08 PM
More info here (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/harrison-ford-injured-plane-crash-n318301)

He was the one piloting the plane, and flew alone. The plane crash-landed on a golf course. Supposedly, his state has been stabilized.

I hope he'll be okay. :smallfrown:

Rakaydos
2015-03-05, 07:31 PM
More info here (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/harrison-ford-injured-plane-crash-n318301)

He was the one piloting the plane, and flew alone. The plane crash-landed on a golf course. Supposedly, his state has been stabilized.

I hope he'll be okay. :smallfrown:

It'll be ok. He's done this, like three times in the past 10 years... plus all the times he pretended to do it onscreen.

Cikomyr
2015-03-05, 08:18 PM
Have someone offended the Nerd Gods?

TheThan
2015-03-05, 08:57 PM
the first question that comes to mind is this:

Were the doctors that treated him golfing on the course when the crash occurred?

Because that would be both awful and awesome at the same time.

Berserk Mecha
2015-03-05, 10:00 PM
Was there a snake in the plane? I heard that he really hates snakes.

Traab
2015-03-05, 10:05 PM
Was there a snake in the plane? I heard that he really hates snakes.

You might even say he is tired of all these nerf herding snakes on his nerf herding plane?

Lurkmoar
2015-03-05, 10:08 PM
It's not the years, it's the mileage. Hopefully he'll recover well.

It's never cool when your childhood big screen heroes start succumbing to mortality.

AdmiralCheez
2015-03-05, 10:30 PM
It's never cool when your childhood big screen heroes start succumbing to mortality.

Yeah, I don't think the world can handle the loss of Spock and Han Solo/Indiana Jones in the same week. Especially if you believe in the rule of threes regarding celebrity deaths. I hope he pulls through.

EDIT: Okay, I just read the article. Apparently he's okay, just a little banged up, which is a lot better than I initially heard. And this isn't the first plane crash he's been in? The man really is Indiana Jones!

Nerd-o-rama
2015-03-05, 10:42 PM
Let's run down a list of the man's characters:

Indiana Jones: every plane he's in crashes
Jack Ryan: afraid to even get on a plane
President James Marshall: crashes Air Force One after tossing dozens of people off of it (death optional)
Han Solo: surprisingly never crashes. It's getting the damn thing off the ground that's the problem

Cristo Meyers
2015-03-05, 11:00 PM
EDIT: Okay, I just read the article. Apparently he's okay, just a little banged up, which is a lot better than I initially heard. And this isn't the first plane crash he's been in? The man really is Indiana Jones!

He's been known to fly out of his home to look for lost hikers and campers, the guy really is a living example of 'can't make this stuff up' sometimes.

Palanan
2015-03-06, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by TheThan
Were the doctors that treated him golfing on the course when the crash occurred?

In fact, one of them was (https://gma.yahoo.com/harrison-ford-plane-crash-described-golfing-spine-surgeon-130331212--abc-news-celebrities.html).

Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers
He's been known to fly out of his home to look for lost hikers and campers, the guy really is a living example of 'can't make this stuff up' sometimes.

So true. He also backpacks in the Brazilian rainforest when he feels like it.

CarpeGuitarrem
2015-03-06, 11:50 AM
A: that's amazing
B: I can only imagine what it's like to be one of those lost hikers

Legato Endless
2015-03-06, 05:46 PM

Well, depending on the amount of time elapsed, possibly too stressed to really appreciate the meeting.

Mmm, that's unfortunate. Hope he gets better soon.

nyjastul69
2015-03-06, 07:05 PM
Let's run down a list of the man's characters:

Indiana Jones: every plane he's in crashes
Jack Ryan: afraid to even get on a plane
President James Marshall: crashes Air Force One after tossing dozens of people off of it (death optional)
Han Solo: surprisingly never crashes. It's getting the damn thing off the ground that's the problem

Truth really is stranger than fiction. I'm happy his injuries are not life threatening. I wish him a full and speedy recovery. Thank you OP for bringing this to my attention.

TheThan
2015-03-06, 09:14 PM
In fact, one of them was (https://gma.yahoo.com/harrison-ford-plane-crash-described-golfing-spine-surgeon-130331212--abc-news-celebrities.html).

So true. He also backpacks in the Brazilian rainforest when he feels like it.

:biggrin:

Ok that just made my day.

Talya
2015-03-09, 03:53 PM
A couple broken bones, lacerated scalp.

Nothing life threatening...he's lucky. They said it was a rather skillful landing for not having any engine power.

Ford's already talking about needing to get back in the air...

YossarianLives
2015-03-13, 09:17 PM
The article doesn't mention if Chewbacca was hurt. I hope he's okay...

Brother Oni
2015-03-15, 03:51 AM
With Leonard Nimoy and Terry Pratchett passing recently, I'm not sure the fandom could take the loss of another legend.

Here's hoping that bad things doesn't happen in threes...

Killer Angel
2015-03-15, 05:52 AM
With Leonard Nimoy and Terry Pratchett passing recently, I'm not sure the fandom could take the loss of another legend.

Here's hoping that bad things doesn't happen in threes...

Why are you challenging the Fate Gods?

Talya
2015-03-17, 11:58 AM
"Fly, yes. Land, no."

brionl
2015-03-18, 12:43 PM

Yahbut, the causality is the other way around. This guy on the golf course, happened to be a doctor. I mean, what are the odds of that?

It's not like he crashed in front of his primary care physician or something.

Hawriel
2015-03-20, 08:16 PM

I remember a news story years ago where this happened. The injured hiker was being put into a civilian chopper. When it took off he looked up at the pilot who turned around to check on passenger and the medic with him. I think there was a medic. The hiker told reporters that it was the best thing ever to be rescued by Han Solo.

The Glyphstone
2015-03-21, 11:13 AM
The article doesn't mention if Chewbacca was hurt. I hope he's okay...

Were their any moons in the vicinity?