PDA

View Full Version : Is this game real or did I dream it?

Jeivar
2015-03-06, 10:12 AM
I seem to remember a coworker mentioning a multiplayer game, in which teams manage and battle on board steampunk airships, the crew apparently filling various roles. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Feo
2015-03-06, 10:24 AM
Guns of Icarus Online ?
I only watched a review of it so I am not certain but... .

factotum
2015-03-06, 10:25 AM
Pretty sure that's it, yes--can't think of any other game that remotely fits the description.

Jeivar
2015-03-06, 02:32 PM
Ah, that's it. Thanks. Good to know my brain isn't playing tricks on me.

Eloel
2015-03-06, 06:08 PM
Guns of Icarus Online ?
I only watched a review of it so I am not certain but... .

Is that a steampunk airship version of Puzzle Pirates, or am I misreading into this?

MickJay
2015-03-06, 06:57 PM
Is that a steampunk airship version of Puzzle Pirates, or am I misreading into this?

No, it's a straight-up airship combat game. Four crew members per ship, two teams, 2-4 ships per side (depending on the mission map). Good fun overall, but good crew communication is a must for actual enjoyment (and effectiveness)...

NEO|Phyte
2015-03-06, 09:48 PM
Don't recall how steampunk it was, but there's the ut2k4 mod Air Buccaneers, as well as the indie Unity 4 engine game by the same name, by the same devs.

Knaight
2015-03-07, 12:15 PM

It's not even slightly puzzle based. The way you pilot is by changing the direction of the ship, the way you shoot things is by aiming in their direction and firing, the way you repair things is by moving to where they are in the ship and using the relevant tool.