PDA

View Full Version : Picking Rituals

Laserlight
2015-03-06, 10:52 AM
In the Temple of Pelor is a library of rituals, and in the library is me -- two of us, actually, my mage and the bard. The library only contains rituals that Pelor would approve of ("We could create Vampires of Pelor!", was, alas, shot down without mercy).

We are Level 6, and we can learn one ritual each (need not be the same one); we can pick nine others as scrolls. "Anything within reason" and the GM tends to be flexible as far as what "reason" includes.

We will have limited access to components (just disenchanting loot) for the next couple of levels.

The bard already has Disenchant and Linked Portal (and yes, Portal is Level 8 and she learned it when she was L5--an example of "flexible").
My mage already has Spirit Fetch, Make Whole, Tensor's Disk, Pyrotechnics, Transfer Enchantment, and Enchant Magic Item.
Neither has Heal or Religion trained; I have Nature.

tl;dr What ritual would you learn?

Excession
2015-03-07, 03:54 AM
Some sort of divination ritual. Commune With Nature, Read Omens, Hand of Fate, that sorry of thing. You, and your DM, can think of it as "we're confused oh mighty Pelor, which way is the plot?"

Leewei
2015-03-09, 11:36 AM
Raise Dead is level 8, and would be tricky to master, but is certainly worth having. Maybe get this on a scroll or two?

Phantom Steed is a great 6th level ritual, especially if you have a high Arcana check. On a 40+ check, you get overland flight at speed 20 for your party for a day.

DragonBaneDM
2015-03-09, 12:15 PM
I forget, do you need Heal training to cast Comrade's Succor? Cause if not that's my recommendation!

Laserlight
2015-03-11, 10:51 PM
I forget, do you need Heal training to cast Comrade's Succor? Cause if not that's my recommendation!

It's a "Heal (no check)" and is a good one--a couple of our more brash melee guys tend to run out of surges well before our squishies do.

Phantom Steed is also a good idea--we're more in the "Arcana result 20-29" range but that lets you ignore difficult terrain, which would help us.

Thanks!