PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question Question re: copyright content

Farmerbink
2015-03-06, 11:47 AM
In a recent discussion of one of my games, two players discussed the ever-present awkwardness that is martial combatants with multiple possible weapons and combat modifiers.

The OOTS comic in which Durkon "remembers" his bonuses and clobbers an orc comes to mind. Can I link to/copy that comic into a post to share with my game-mates for amusement's sake? I'm quite certain the material is protected by copyright laws, but am unsure whether or not linking to it (from within the same domain) is a problem?

I'm thinking "better safe than sorry," so I appreciate a Mod's input.

Rawhide
2015-03-06, 11:53 AM
In a recent discussion of one of my games, two players discussed the ever-present awkwardness that is martial combatants with multiple possible weapons and combat modifiers.

The OOTS comic in which Durkon "remembers" his bonuses and clobbers an orc comes to mind. Can I link to/copy that comic into a post to share with my game-mates for amusement's sake? I'm quite certain the material is protected by copyright laws, but am unsure whether or not linking to it (from within the same domain) is a problem?

I'm thinking "better safe than sorry," so I appreciate a Mod's input.

You can link to the page it is on. Don't link directly to the image or try to embed it.

Douglas
2015-03-06, 03:22 PM
For extra clarity, this link (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0034.html) is fine. That same link would be fine even on another website completely unaffiliated with Order of the Stick.

Sith_Happens
2015-03-09, 04:01 PM
For extra clarity, this link (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0034.html) is fine. That same link would be fine even on another website completely unaffiliated with Order of the Stick.

Yup, as long as your friends are seeing the comic on this website it's good.

Castaras
2015-03-09, 04:55 PM
Mod of the Apocalypse: Question asked, question answered, thread closed.