PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Rave-Caster

JNAProductions
2015-03-06, 10:14 PM
What would be the best way to make a character capable of summoning a rave? I'm thinking of using spells like Thaumaturgy, Light, Darkness, Faerie Fire, Dancing Lights, and anything else I haven't noticed yet. What'd the earliest level I could get enough spells for a good rave, and as many as times as possible per short/long rest?

Two side-goals: Make it a single-class character, and make it Charisma based.

SharkForce
2015-03-06, 10:41 PM
bad news: you're going to run into major issues with concentration.

JNAProductions
2015-03-06, 10:46 PM
AFB at the moment, so what kind of spells can I use that do not require concentration and are properly raving?

Yorrin
2015-03-07, 12:11 AM
I was actually considering something similar to this as a Wild Sorcerer who focused on spells like Chromatic Orb, Color Spray and Prismatic Spray. To really play on the raver theme add in Hypnotic Pattern and Confusion, and since most of the rest of the spells you mentioned are on the Sorc spell list you've already got a goodly number of your spells picked. Get Thaumaturgy from Tiefling and pick up Faerie Fire via the Magic Initiate feat, if you need those two.

XmonkTad
2015-03-08, 12:33 AM
Why not play an enchanter and just make people think they're at a rave? Otto's irresistible dance?

TrollCapAmerica
2015-03-08, 12:40 AM
Instead of exploding a bunch of different spells why not just use some illustrate? They can be pretty much whatever you want