PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Tiger: The RPG?

Trevortni
2015-03-07, 12:17 AM
So I was sitting and watching Daniel Tiger with my son, when it hit me that the Neighborhood of Make-Believe might make for an interesting setting for an RPG (for the little ones, anyway). This got me thinking about what might go into a good game for the really little ones and what might be a good system to do it with. Or, for that matter, if someone has already been there before me.

So, parents, I ask you: have you done anything like this for your really little ones? What is a good age to start? Is it better to go one on one, or to get the future DM in a group? What systems and settings have you used? Are there any techniques you might have used to make the experience a learning experience as well as fun?

aspekt
2015-03-07, 12:42 AM
So I was sitting and watching Daniel Tiger with my son, when it hit me that the Neighborhood of Make-Believe might make for an interesting setting for an RPG (for the little ones, anyway). This got me thinking about what might go into a good game for the really little ones and what might be a good system to do it with. Or, for that matter, if someone has already been there before me.

So, parents, I ask you: have you done anything like this for your really little ones? What is a good age to start? Is it better to go one on one, or to get the future DM in a group? What systems and settings have you used? Are there any techniques you might have used to make the experience a learning experience as well as fun?

I found a neat game called Storytelling Dice(?). Basically you use oversized d6 with various images painted on each side. From there you create a story together.

I'm probably getting it for my young niece.