PDA

View Full Version : Crusader Question

Blackhawk748
2015-03-07, 11:58 AM
Ok, im currently playing a character with only 1 level of Crusader (itll be the only Crusader level he ever gets) and im a little confused about how i recover maneuvers. I get that at the start of Combat i get 2, then when my turn ends i get another one. Now the part that confuses me is when all of my maneuvers are "live" (so to speak), because it sounds like if i cant get another maneuver i take all of them and reshuffle them. Maybe i can better illustrate with an example.

I have 3 maneuvers granted and i have expended the other 2. My turn ends, and i didnt use another maneuver. Ok so now i cant be granted another maneuver, so my 2 expended ones are recovered. Now do i take my 3 granted Maneuvers and shuffle them in with the 2 expended ones and pull my 2 new ones out of there? Or do i just get the 2 expended ones back?

I fell that they could have written this better.

Edit: Unrelated question, i can use a Strike Maneuver as part of a AoO right?

ApologyFestival
2015-03-07, 12:36 PM
Ok, im currently playing a character with only 1 level of Crusader (itll be the only Crusader level he ever gets) and im a little confused about how i recover maneuvers. I get that at the start of Combat i get 2, then when my turn ends i get another one. Now the part that confuses me is when all of my maneuvers are "live" (so to speak), because it sounds like if i cant get another maneuver i take all of them and reshuffle them. Maybe i can better illustrate with an example.
Before you take your first action in an encounter, draw two maneuvers. At the end of each of your turns, draw one maneuver. If you must draw a maneuver but have none left to draw, re-shuffle your entire deck and begin the process from the start--draw two maneuvers.

No. Strikes are not melee attacks, they are special abilities. They have an initiation action of either a standard action or a full-round action.

You can't use a standard action strike as an attack of opportunity, just as a wizard can't use a standard action spell as an attack of opportunity.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-03-07, 12:48 PM

I would just like to note that counters are normally what do this; they tend to be immediate actions and you can use them then.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-07, 12:50 PM
Before you take your first action in an encounter, draw two maneuvers. At the end of each of your turns, draw one maneuver. If you must draw a maneuver but have none left to draw, re-shuffle your entire deck and begin the process from the start--draw two maneuvers.

No. Strikes are not melee attacks, they are special abilities. They have an initiation action of either a standard action or a full-round action.

You can't use a standard action strike as an attack of opportunity, just as a wizard can't use a standard action spell as an attack of opportunity.

Thank you, that clarifies everything wonderfully. Also the second part makes me sad, but i guess that makes sense.