PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable Misfits IC

sonofzeal
2015-03-07, 10:33 PM
http://img.crazyhdsource.com/wp-content/cover/files/Misfits%20S04%20720p%20WEB-DL.jpg

It was a rather dark and excessively stormy night. There'd been a lot of stormy nights - and non-stormy nights for that matter - since you'd found yourself caged here. And just as many days too, you presume, though you can't say you've ever seen a sun.

Memories are blurry.

It's hard to remember, now, whether you even had a life before this place at all. Heck, for all you know, you were born here. Or... made, here. You feel as if you once knew, but that's all gone now. Still, you're pretty sure of your name at least, so that's something. And you know in vivid detail every minute of the routine here - sleep, the lights brighten, a small meal, quiet mutterings outside the wall of force barring your cell, a large meal, a humanoid figure with pale-grey skin and black robes standing by your cell observing you, a period of unconsciousness you can never clearly remember starting or ending, a small meal, the lights dim somewhat, and then sleep again.

Is it possible you've never had a life outside of this? Is it possible that there IS no more to life than this? Is it..... oh, hey, the lights are out!

For the first time you can remember, the lights are out. Not dim, but black here, with only a faint glow from outside your cell.

You feel your way around your cell. Yep, everything (such as it is) is still there... except the wall of force. That's gone entirely. Stepping out of the cell now would mean an end to the only life you can clearly remember, with all the risks and horrors that implies. Still. What else is there to do? What worth is there in staying? What wonders and rewards and adventures might await along with the risks?

You step out, and a new life begins.

For this game, I recommend typing in-character narration and speech in the main post, and include a spoiler for any rules descriptions and OOC clarifications. It's appreciated if you include things like links or book references for unusual abilities you haven't used before. Any questions, or corrections to a mistake I or anyone else might have made, can go in the OOC thread.

For now, you're all exiting your cells into roughly the same space. Whoever posts first, exits first.

To those without darkvision or low-light vision: there's currently just enough illumination outside the cells to see outlines and basic shapes. You can tell that a half-golem ape is larger than a mermaid which is larger than a hedgehog, but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a hedgehog, a cat, and a shoe.

The light's coming from far down a hallway of sorts in what we'll refer to as "South" for convenience if not for accuracy.

The Bandicoot
2015-03-07, 11:31 PM
808 walks out slowly and immediately drops to the floor, cringing and cowering from a blow he expects to come. When one doesn't he slowly stands up to his full height and stretches his non-golem limbs, shaking them out a bit. For now he doesn't speak, simply peering about and making curious grunts.

IZ42
2015-03-08, 12:21 AM
Despite the treatment he recieved at this place, Brussel's irrepressible nature takes over as he hops out of the cage. He looks around and spots an ape-like figure, not dissimilar to the one of his Companion, Clyde. Unable to distinguish anything beyond the black and white shapes of the figure, he trundles over. Brussel does note the relative shine of the Ape's arms, but thinks nothing of it Due to the similarity of 808 and Clyde, I'm having Brussel assume you are Clyde, as his darkvision tells him you're an Ape, nothing more.

~Corvus~
2015-03-08, 01:22 AM
Andraste, used to the silent solitude of her cell, had stopped receiving food long ago when it had first started rotting, and then the rot gave way to a mold, and eventually there was only a small mold to keep her company.

She has little memory of what her past is or was. She simply knows that one day, she was no longer in the *sanctum* that she'd been for so long. {Gnome} What are these..memories? Wh-- {Gnome} As she speaks those words, a flood of images bombards her mind. There are old and young men, grubby, unshaven, and a few women, and they're talking excitedly about her, and she was a guard, no a host to a tower and there were others like her, and she was one of them. There were--no those images are vague, merely impressions. She'd belonged to the Tower, she'd loved it, and it had been her place to protect. She'd done what the bearded-ones said. Many, many orders. She'd been a great guard. They had relied upon her. Andraste felt an incredible feeling of loss. What went wrong? She didn't remember.

And then she was here, where time became irrelevant. {Gnome} Where is this place? What happened? Is anyone...?{Gnome} From the back of her cell, she sees vague signs of movement. There! She strode forward, out of her cell. A metal-armed ape, and...a winged bush creature? It certainly looked excited--contrasted to the cringe-motions of the metal-armed ape.

{Gnome} How long have you been here, bush-thing? {Gnome} When the creature doesn't answer right away she looks into the other cells nearby. The other creatures either aren't reacting or are too busy within themselves to react. Perhaps they don't understand

{Draconic} It pleases me to see you all. {Draconic}

{Dwarven} The Earth warms to your presence {Dwarven}

What other languages did she know? She had such trouble remembering. If her head wasn't stone, she'd swear it hurt. Perhaps it was another one of those Illusions those wizards did, and this time she'd believed it?

~Corvus~
2015-03-08, 01:42 AM
Nearly as an afterthought, Andraste turns away. The light reminds her of -- nope, it's gone.

{Elven}Fate has restored my words to me, and brought the light to my eyes.{Elven} Andraste smiled at that one. {Elven}Ooh, that one's sexy. The flow of words is so beautiful! Oh, I forgot how nice it is to talk! Oh look! That's not an illusion for sure!{Elven}

The stone statue takes some long strides down the corridor. Ooh, It is light. And not one from a torch either!

She thinks she hears a sound from behind her. Something about it makes her stand rigid--and she solidifies, becoming a column, facing the cells. She could see, alright, just to the edge of the dark cells, but to any other eye, she was just a statue in a stone column, of the color of stone the same as the walls next to her.

IZ42
2015-03-08, 01:44 AM
Not recognizing the other two languages but understanding the Gnomic, Brussel turns around right before reaching 808, to face what appears to be a talking statue, replying indignantly in Elven, with no indication of his suprise at a talking statue, "I am not a 'Bush Thing', as you called me, Miss! I am a Hedgehog, with an emphasis on the Hedge, and proud of it! You may refer to me as Brussel, however. Now Clyde, turn around and greet this lady!".

~Corvus~
2015-03-08, 01:45 AM
It must have been this...Brussel. Andraste is as still as the statue she represents.

The Bandicoot
2015-03-08, 02:14 AM
808 blinks incredulously at the newcomers and when he's ordered around he merely grunts. 'm not Clyde. he mutters aloud. He then tilts his head at the statue and I don't understand most of what you're saying

LuckyStrike
2015-03-08, 02:34 AM
A ducks head pops out of it's containment-area and carefully glances from left to right.

It pops back in. Moments later two duckheads pop out and look around curiously.

The head to the right turns to the one to the left and whispers something. His whispers are met with a kwack and a cackle from the other head who just barely seems to be able to contain his laughter.
Both heads turn as the great metal ape-monstrosity speaks and look at him plainly.
The left head starts talking and the right seems to be keeping an eye on everybody.

'Who would you be then?' He asks curiously in perfect common but for a slight lisp.

While speaking the body walks out into the open, reveiling both heads are stuck on the same body.

The Bandicoot
2015-03-08, 03:21 AM
I.....don't know he scratches his head but I'm not Clyde.

~Corvus~
2015-03-08, 04:20 AM
The statue observes that they're speaking languages of the...well, many of the visitors. Visitors of the tower weren't always the bearded wizards. But these creatures seemed somewhat harmless. Plus, two of them had seen her. Not the best of ideas to stay hidden.

The column that had been attached to the ceiling recedes and melds back into the form of the statue, and Andraste steps forth from her raised pillar, which seems to disappear as she steps. Preferring to address the hedgehog, she says
{Elven}Well, Brussel Hedge, I must say it's marvelous to hear someone else speak so nicely. Your voice speaks this language as if it's a part of you. Oh it's such a joy!!{Elven} Andraste gesticulates a thanking gesture to the hedgehog, and looks over to the ape.

I only heard you speaking this...strange language. I don't like it, it's so... the statue looks as if she is trying to grip something out of her reach. Banal.

The Bandicoot
2015-03-08, 10:40 AM
808 glares at the statue and lets out an angry grunt, swinging his metal fist at the wall. That is the language I speak and I do not take insults kindly. he turns around and starts walking towards the light.

Strength Check Against Wall: [roll0]

IZ42
2015-03-08, 01:49 PM
Jumping back a bit at the large crash, Brussel instead went a good five feet due to his wings. "Woah there, big guy. Now, lady, I have not received your name as of yet, and statue lady does not seem like the best of names for you. By the way, Ape... Golem... Metal Thing? That name doesn't fit you either, so I'm going to call you... Tarzan! That sounds just fine for such a big guy like you! Also, have any of you seen a large ape, just like Tarzan over here, but entirely organic?". Spotting Abagail for the first time, he says "Why hello, you fine... Two-Headed member of the duck species! What might your name be? And have you seen my dearest companion Clyde?"

The Bandicoot
2015-03-08, 02:20 PM
808 stops and turn around Until I've discovered or chosen my name, call me 808. he sighs and sits down against the wall, putting his face in his hands I think it's my experiment number........or something

~Corvus~
2015-03-08, 04:28 PM
Andraste is taken aback at the gorilla's affront to her comment. Solitude and confinement has made my manners lacking, she thinks. Perhaps I should keep my contrary observations to myself unless they are needed. Seeing 808 punch the wall only confirms her idea: she should definitely keep her ideas to herself. Perhaps this one was tormented as much as I was ignored. I mustn't judge.

{Elven}Brussel, then, hello, I am Andraste! That is, I think. It's been so long since I talked with anyone, it's such a joy to have someone to speak with! I'm afraid I don't know who Clyde is...is he a friend?{Elven}

TheThan
2015-03-08, 04:52 PM
Saedis of Atlantis
Saedis found herself in a small tidal wave of water as her force fall water tank disappeared. She washed up on the ground near the other occupants of the room.She was finally free of her captors, but not free of the accursed land. With no water to swim in, the Mermaid was literally stuck crawling on two hands.

She lifted herself up on her arms and looked around the dark room.
“wha-“ she begins before the dissipated water began to move, at first bubbling and churning, then it began forming up underneath her. Water isn’t supposed to do that. Suddenly she found herself swimming again; as this living water formed a perfect sphere for which she could be in. two white eyes appear, in front of her for a second.

Then suddenly Saedis grabs her head in pain.
“OOH” she says in reaction, then suddenly the pain is gone.
“I understand,” she says to the water

Noticing the other inhabitants of the room for seemingly the first time; the gigantic globe of water rolls forward under Saedis’s mental command.
“I am Saedis of Atlantis, this is Nemo, my companion, ally and guardian. We already know each other but we have never had the pleasure of actually introducing ourselves." She says in a confident voice to everyone present.

The Bandicoot
2015-03-10, 10:14 AM
808 looks at the assembled experiments and just sighs, standing up he makes a vague motion for the rest to follow him and starts walking towards the light again.

sonofzeal
2015-03-10, 12:03 PM
The hallway passes several closed iron doors with no obvious means of entry, and the only sound now is the soft pad of foot on tiled flooring*. The floor is absolutely smooth except for the almost imperceptible seams between tiles, and the walls and ceiling are just as precise.

Everything is spotless.

The light gradually brightens as you progress down the hallway, and by the time your hall ends at a T-junction, it's bright enough for everyone to comfortably read by. You can tell this because there's something to read - a surprisingly helpful and informative sign on the wall!

https://cdn4.iconfinder.com/data/icons/ionicons/512/icon-ios7-arrow-left-128.png Exit Cafeteria Administration Security

https://cdn4.iconfinder.com/data/icons/ionicons/512/icon-ios7-arrow-right-128.png Lithology Dianetics Gastronomy Transology

https://cdn4.iconfinder.com/data/icons/ionicons/512/icon-ios7-arrow-down-128.png Zenomorphology Chrysalids

* For Abigail, Brussel, and Octavia
There's absolutely no sign of the storm that was raging right before all this started. In fact, you've heard not a drop of rain nor clap of thunder since the lights went out.

LuckyStrike
2015-03-10, 01:26 PM
'Haven't seen this Clyde of yours.' Abigail says briskly to Brussel.

She didn't care for standing around either since the confined space and unknown elements around here could spell a short enjoyment of her sweet freedom.
In stead of answering any more questions or listening to the babble of others, interesting as she might find them, she follows 808 at a short distance.

As they arrive at the junction she becomes careful and sticks to the wall.
'Zenomorphology.. Sounds about right.' She says as she looks back for the others.

IZ42
2015-03-10, 01:28 PM
A faint hooting sounds from the back of the room they were leaving, and Brussel immediately flies back, coming back a few moments later with another ape, similar in size to 808 following behind him. "Everyone, this is Clyde, my lifelong companion, as well as heavy muscle when needed. Clyde, say hi to everyone."

The ape hoots and raises one hand for a second. He pauses momentarily on 808, looking mildly confuses as to why one of his brethren has metal arms, before shrugging and going back to his regular position next to Brussel.

TheThan
2015-03-10, 03:09 PM
Saedis of Atlantis

Saedis is amazed that Nemo is able to morph his size enough to fit through the door.

"Exit, we go to the left” Saedis says plainly,”Lets get out of here before whomever is in control of this place learns of our escape.”

The Bandicoot
2015-03-10, 05:55 PM
808's stomach rumbles loudly. He couldn't remember if he had gotten his daily feeding yet but he was hungry. Noticing that the cafeteria was in the same direction as the exit he decided to silently head in that direction.

~Corvus~
2015-03-10, 08:33 PM
Andraste suddenly felt a sense of great importance when lagging behind the group. She pressed her hand upon the wall near the sign and was surprised to feel her hand pass through the wall.

A voice boomed in her head; if she could have felt pain from such a thing she'd have cried out. Yes, I...understand. Yes, that would be my pleasure. She whispered for some reason, barely audible, and thought her response in her head as well.

Andraste walked effortlessly forward through the intersection, through the wall, and onward.

Who knew where she was going? The statue knew. And she could barely wait to serve.

TheThan
2015-03-11, 08:17 PM
Saedis of Atlantis

“Come on.” Saedis says, as she and Nemo begin to roll down the left corridor.

“I’ve been kept cooped up in a fish bowl far too long.”

sonofzeal
2015-03-12, 12:23 AM
The corridor left, like the one you just came down, is filled on both sides by doors without visible handle or hinges. In the clearer light though, you can see markings on the doors.

丅下正

丅下下

丅下一

Leaving aside the unfamiliar marks for the moment, progress down the hall is just as quick, and just as quiet, until you start approaching the intersection with another corridor. There's another sign, indicating "Cafeteria" to the right, "Administration" to the left, and both "Exit" and "Security" straight ahead... and sounds of movement somewhere not far off.

For Abigail, Brussel, and Saedis
You very definitely hear three pairs of feet approaching from the right, or "South". The steps are approaching, and will be here in perhaps two rounds.

TheThan
2015-03-19, 02:30 PM
Saedis of Atlantis

I think we should get moving, those footsteps could be anything and if we have to fight, I don’t want to be caught out in the open.

With that, saedis and Nemo roll further down the corridor towards the exit.

IZ42
2015-03-19, 03:51 PM
"Agreed. Clyde, follow me and the merfolk."

Brussel flutters his wings and flies off after Saedis.

sonofzeal
2015-03-22, 09:04 PM
You pass through the intersection, rolling merrily towards the exit beyond, only to be interrupted by a sudden scream of panic. Three of the bald, grey-skinned experimenters (one male, two female) gape in terror at the malignant saraband of fantastic nightmare parading before them. The male turns tail and flees, loses his footing, blatantly bruises his knee, and keeps on running with a slight limp. One of the females draws a small metal rod, possibly a wand of some sort, and clutches it in front of her in both hands, pointing it at Saedis as if it was a weapon. The other female simple slumps against a nearby doorframe, covering her head in her arms and whimpering in terror.

The Bandicoot
2015-03-23, 11:38 AM
808 tilts his head at the lady and puts both of his hands into the air. He then gently waves at her with his flesh hand and speaks quietly Hi

LuckyStrike
2015-03-23, 12:25 PM
Abigail flutters quickly behind 808 and tries to hide behind the big creature.

Both her heads are frantically looking left and right to see what's going on.

Hide:
[roll0]