PDA

View Full Version : Good published 5e ready adventures???

ShriekingDrake
2015-03-08, 12:44 PM
Can people recommend some good published adventures? The reviews of Hoard of the Dragon Queen have not been so hot, so I'm wary of purchasing it. But I'm looking to find some adventures I can string together to introduce some of the neighborhood kids to DnD over the next year.

If you could recommend adventures, and talk about the levels they are good for and why you liked them, I'd be obliged.

Madfellow
2015-03-08, 01:17 PM
Hoard of the Dragon Queen isn't great, but its sequel Rise of Tiamat is much better. It dispenses with the railroading and stops trying to kill the PCs at every turn. The only thing is that it throws adult dragons at the party before they're ready for them, so I'd advise swapping them out for young dragons in each instance. It covers levels 8 to 16.

Next month, Wizards is releasing Princes of the Apocalypse, which covers levels 1 to 15. A lot of people around here seem pretty hyped about it.

From what I understand there's a smattering of unofficial third-party stuff, though I can't vouch for the quality of any of it. Most of it only goes as high as level 4. Someone posted a link in another thread on this subforum; a quick search for "5e adventures" should find them.

Hope this helps. :smallsmile:

ShriekingDrake
2015-03-10, 06:49 PM
Thanks. I'll look forward to the sequel.

With luck others will have some recommendations to share, as well.

Nod_Hero
2015-03-10, 09:56 PM
Merric keeps an up to date list and has reviewed most if not all of them here:
http://merricb.com/dungeons-dragons-5e/the-great-list-of-dd-5e-adventures/

Madfellow
2015-03-10, 10:52 PM
Thanks. I'll look forward to the sequel.

The sequel is already out. :P