PDA

View Full Version : Player Help How do I build this Dvati ?

Drimoran
2015-03-08, 05:41 PM
Hello guys. I am here to ask for assistance at making a flavoured duality character wich would fit a Dvati roleplay. (I will start at level 10, with the LA+1 already payed)
Dvati are a strange race of humanoid creatures found in small enclaves scattered throughout the world and across the planes. All dvati are born identical twins, with the pair sharing a single soul between them. Dvati lore holds that their souls are so powerful that a single, mortal vessel is too weak to contain them. Thus, their minds occupy two bodies.
What I have figured out for now is that I will play a Cleric of Taiia. This god has two aspects, a creator one and a destroyer one, wich can be worshiped separetly or together.
Taiia is a sun deity, said to be the creator of the universe and of mortal life, as well as its ultimate destroyer. The sun’s rising every morning is a reminder of her favor and life-giving and sustaining properties.
I have alse seeing a prestige class with the following class feature:
At 4th level, a soldier of the light can summon a xag-ya, an outsider formed of positive energy. This xag-ya serves as a companion to the soldier and can communicate telepathically with him when it is within range and line of sight (though its thoughts are sometimes alien and cryptic). When the soldier reaches 8th level, he can summon an additional energon and add +2 HD (with all attendant benefits, including base attack bonus and saving throw bonus increases) to both xag-ya companions.
The problem is that the prestige class granting this features, requires you to be good, wich is not posible for a duality worshiping of Taiia. I think it would be really cool if I could get both a Xag-ya and a Xag-yi.
A Xag-Yi is the same as a Xag-Ya but negative. Can I summon both by any other means?

Now, I wanna make clear that I am not looking for optimization at any point, but to get this really flavored duality character. I would appreciate any suggestion you can make about this character building.

Thrice Dead Cat
2015-03-08, 06:26 PM
Malconvoker? Be good for the positive energy one and use your malconvoking to get the negative energy one, assuming it's an evil outsider.

Drimoran
2015-03-08, 08:12 PM
Malconvoker? Be good for the positive energy one and use your malconvoking to get the negative energy one, assuming it's an evil outsider.

I just checked, both are always neutral. But, How do I summon such an specific creature? They both have 5HD, and are medium-sized outsider incorporeals.

EDIT: So... Planar binding.

atemu1234
2015-03-09, 07:21 AM
I just checked, both are always neutral. But, How do I summon such an specific creature? They both have 5HD, and are medium-sized outsider incorporeals.

EDIT: So... Planar binding.

Yep, planar binding.

Surpriser
2015-03-09, 10:26 AM
The first thing I would do in your situation is ask my DM about it.
It seems very reasonable and probably easy to refluff the PrC for a duality-worshipping character, including the summoning of both Energon types.