PDA

View Full Version : Path of War and Tome of Battle

Crake
2015-03-09, 01:46 AM
Ok, so I want to include path of war into my 3.5 game (mainly for the solar wind discipline, love me some ranged action), but I was wondering, what is it's compatibility with tome of battle, should I bother with making them mesh together, or just let them be separate, or stick to a single one rather than use both?

The Glyphstone
2015-03-09, 01:49 AM
Are you playing 3.5? Use Tome of Battle and backport Solar Wind. Are you playing Pathfinder? Just use Tome of Battle, it's pre-converted and does pretty much everything ToB did but better.

Silva Stormrage
2015-03-09, 02:00 AM
Are you playing 3.5? Use Tome of Battle and backport Solar Wind. Are you playing Pathfinder? Just use Tome of Battle, it's pre-converted and does pretty much everything ToB did but better.

You mean just use Path of War if you are playing Pathfinder correct? I can't see how Tome of Battle did pretty much everything ToB did but better :smalltongue:

You could probably forward port most of the homebrew 3.5 disciplines as well if you wanted to.

Crake
2015-03-09, 02:41 AM
You mean just use Path of War if you are playing Pathfinder correct? I can't see how Tome of Battle did pretty much everything ToB did but better :smalltongue:

You could probably forward port most of the homebrew 3.5 disciplines as well if you wanted to.

I kinda want to make one of the NPCs I'm toying with into a warlord though, the whole gambit stuff just looks too fun to pass up.

Sacrieur
2015-03-09, 04:02 AM
I like the PoW classes better even though they might be more "flavored".

They just play better.

atemu1234
2015-03-09, 07:38 AM
I use both, though that seems to be a path taken by few.

It isn't that hard to port, but dealing with the consequences is the important bit. PoW is a bit more powerful, and using both in a game would mean some flavor contradictions, but still, when you enjoy it, do it, I say.

Elricaltovilla
2015-03-09, 07:47 AM
I've used both with Pathfinder as a base and haven't noticed any real issues. The PoW stuff is a bit stronger than the ToB stuff, but that's largely to keep pace with the general power creep of Pathfinder anyway.

Starbuck_II
2015-03-09, 11:16 AM
Well, Path has no Crusader.
ToB has no Marshal class (which is what Warder is)

Warder can't delay damage, but the Warder helps defend allies pretty well.

So allow ToB in a Path of War using game would be best.