PDA

View Full Version : New Dragon

DracoKnight
2015-03-09, 05:17 AM
I'm having trouble determining the CR for a dragon I made for my players to (eventually) fight. What challenge rating would this be?

Ancient Frenzy Dragon
Large Dragon, Chaotic Neutral
Armor Class: 24 (natural armor)
Hit Points: 213 (26d10 + 70)
Speed: 40ft. fly 90ft. climb 30ft.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________
Strength: 16 Dexterity: 30 Constitution: 24 Intelligence: 18 Wisdom: 20 Charisma: 26
Saving Throws: Dexterity Constitution Charisma
Skills: Stealth Arcana Acrobatics Perception
Damage Resistances: Lightning, Necrotic
Senses: Truesight 60ft. Darkvision 120ft. Passive Perception
Languages: Common, Draconic, Elvish, Orcish, Infernal and Dwarvish

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If the dragon fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.

Actions
Multiattack. The dragon can use its Frightful Presence. It then makes 5 attacks: one with its bite, two with its claws, one with its tail, and one with its breath weapon.

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5ft., one target. Hit: 2d10 + 10 piercing damage + 4d6 lighting damage.

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5ft., one target. Hit: 2d6 + 10 slashing damage.

Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: reach 15ft., one target. Hit: 2d8 + 10 bludgeoning damage.

Frightful Presence. Each creature of the dragon's choice that is within 120 feet of the dragon and aware of it must succeed on a DC 21 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for one minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, end the effect itself on a success. If a creature's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the creature is immune to the dragon's Frightful Presence for the next 24 hours.

Lightning Breath (once per turn). The dragon exhales a ball of lightning that travels 60ft., and then explodes in a 30ft. sphere. Each creature in the area of effect must make a DC 24 Dexterity saving throw, taking 26d6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Legendary Actions
The dragon can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time, and only at the end of another creature's turn. The dragon regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.

Detect. The dragon makes a Wisdom (Perception) check.
Tail Attack. The dragon makes a tail attack.
Wing Attack (costs two legendary actions). The dragon beats its wings. Each creature within 15ft. of the dragon must succeed on a DC 25 Dexterity saving throw or take 2d6 + 10 bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone. The dragon can then fly up to half its flying speed.

ReturnOfTheKing
2015-03-09, 07:41 PM
I'm not that good with 5e mechanics, so I'm not really in any position to critique. However, for this thread, I'd suggest that you specify the edition in order to get help from more 5e-savvy Playgrounders.

DracoKnight
2015-03-09, 07:57 PM
Updated the tags, but I also already got another DM to help me work out the Challenge Rating :D