PDA

View Full Version : Graft quick question

bootzin
2015-03-09, 06:42 AM
Hey guys!
I was reading through grafts, and a doubt came across me.. Do I have to remove the part the graft substitutes? Like.. Do I have to cut my arm off to pick the long arm graft? Or my legs to pick the fast leg?
And if I do, do I need to cut both of them off? Or could I have both long arm and Shovening arm, for instance?

atemu1234
2015-03-09, 06:45 AM
Hey guys!
I was reading through grafts, and a doubt came across me.. Do I have to remove the part the graft substitutes? Like.. Do I have to cut my arm off to pick the long arm graft? Or my legs to pick the fast leg?
And if I do, do I need to cut both of them off? Or could I have both long arm and Shovening arm, for instance?

Nowhere in the rules, insofar as I know, say the previous limb must be removed. I think I asked a while back, and got this response. Though you shouldn't use it to try and qualify for multiweapon fighting. Because when I did that, the DM threw a book at the back of my head.

Red Fel
2015-03-09, 08:52 AM
Remember also that just because there's no RAW reason you can't graft on as many extra limbs as you like (if memory serves), that doesn't mean you get extras of various things. For example, you might very well be able to wield seventeen swords in your seventeen arms, but you'll still take a dual wielding penalty (which you can offset with feats) and your number of attacks per round is still limited by your BAB.

So keep that in mind.

Necroticplague
2015-03-09, 09:05 AM
Remember also that just because there's no RAW reason you can't graft on as many extra limbs as you like (if memory serves), that doesn't mean you get extras of various things. For example, you might very well be able to wield seventeen swords in your seventeen arms, but you'll still take a dual wielding penalty (which you can offset with feats) and your number of attacks per round is still limited by your BAB.

Actually, the Multiweapon Fighting rules would allow you to gain extra attacks, albeit at penalties (just like how you can dual-wield for an extra attack with two).

Red Fel
2015-03-09, 09:08 AM
Actually, the Multiweapon Fighting rules would allow you to gain extra attacks, albeit at penalties (just like how you can dual-wield for an extra attack with two).

... Huh. I knew that Multiweapon Fighting (the feat) could grant extra attacks, but I thought all that was 3.0.

Color me surprised.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-09, 09:34 AM
Some of the eye grafts say they need to go into an empty socket.

atemu1234
2015-03-09, 09:35 AM
Some of the eye grafts say they need to go into an empty socket.

But they do not say that you cannot take a sharpened ice cream scoop to your forehead.

See, optimizing!

Maglubiyet
2015-03-09, 09:39 AM
But they do not say that you cannot take a sharpened ice cream scoop to your forehead.

See, optimizing!

I like where you're going with this...