Wisdom
+3

Charisma
+5

Skills: Nature, Insight, Persuasion, Survival

Level 4 ASI: Inspiring Leader Feat
Level 8 ASI: +2 Charisma

Equipment/Costs
You start with, most importantly, a mule and a cart. You'll need to buy some 2 gp barrels. You'll need some apple seeds. Finally, you'll need one agate worth 1000+ gp and a plot of land to get started.

Plant the seeds. Cast Plant Growth to grow them to full size swiftly. Awaken one tree. Work with this tree and become his (or her, if appropiate) friend and partner. Teach the tree to harvest the apples and crush them into juice, which you should collect in barrels and let ferment to sell as cider. The seeds will survive and should be given to the tree, as they are the tree's or his friend's babies.

Use Survival to live off the land. Feed the mule apple mash. Use Control Water or Create Water as needed.

Future goals:
Awaken more trees to harvest and juice apples faster, as well as added security.
Find/purchase some herbivores (horses, pigs, cows) to raise and sell, feeding them off the apple mash.
Open portals to new planes for more land and markets.
Teach Awakened trees the Druidic way, then let them fight dangerous beings in the Feywild and EPoE, eventually leveling enough to cast Plant Growth, Control Water, and Awaken on their own.
Profit!

Naanomi
2015-03-09, 06:38 PM
When expanding to the planar market, try Byopia or Arcadia... Both would be better than Celestia or the Inner Planes for a nice infinite fruit orchard

JNAProductions
2015-03-09, 06:39 PM
I'm pretty hazy on the 5E Cosmology, which is DM dependent anyway. I'll just edit it to planar markets.

Tvtyrant
2015-03-09, 06:48 PM
When expanding to the planar market, try Byopia or Arcadia... Both would be better than Celestia or the Inner Planes for a nice infinite fruit orchard

Would't infinite fruit render the cost if fruit 0? You want finite but large quantaties of fruit imo.

JNAProductions
2015-03-09, 07:00 PM
Infinitely expandable, not truly infinite. Then again, you also have a much larger market to sell to, so by the time the price starts dropping, you're shipping truly ridiculous amounts of apple products.

Also, very important step-get a horse, name her Applejack, and Awaken her.

Battlebooze
2015-03-09, 07:10 PM
I see one problem with your plan. If successful, you will undoubtedly draw the attention of the deadly Temperance Cult!

Beware of undead Carrie Nation and her +3 handaxe of mirror shattering.

Zyzzyva
2015-03-09, 07:48 PM
Work with this tree and become his (or her, if appropiate) friend and partner.

I think apple trees are multi-sexed; who knows what their idea of gender would look like. :smallconfused:

Also, since we're talking about apple tree sex now, whoa bad choice of last word there. :smalleek:

warty goblin
2015-03-09, 09:27 PM
I think apple trees are multi-sexed; who knows what their idea of gender would look like. :smallconfused:

Also, since we're talking about apple tree sex now, whoa bad choice of last word there. :smalleek:

Apple blossoms contain both male and female parts, so they wouldn't have a concept of gender, anymore than we quantify ourselves in terms of heartwood and sapwood. On the other hand the whole 'birds and the bees' talk wouldn't be a metaphor for an apple tree either. The bees are how sex happens, and the birds fly around eating your flowers; basically an airborne chirping castration.

JNAProductions
2015-03-09, 09:36 PM
Awaken eagles, to hunt the birds that might attack my trees? (Why yes, Awakening something is my answer for everything as a Druid.)

asorel
2015-03-09, 09:38 PM
That's certainly more productive than what I imagined when I saw the Awaken spell. I just thought, "Oh, look, the Druid can supplement my limitless army of walking/flying/etc. corpses with friendly mammoths. Excellent."

warty goblin
2015-03-09, 09:49 PM
Awaken eagles, to hunt the birds that might attack my trees? (Why yes, Awakening something is my answer for everything as a Druid.)

If one takes the view that any obstacle presented by other creatures must be flattened to maximize personal comfort and profit, sure. It's a very agriculturalist view, but isn't really screaming druid to me.

JNAProductions
2015-03-09, 09:52 PM
I and economics are to Druids as murderhoboes and killing are to Paladins.

If I was to fit it in the fluff, though, it'd be harmonizing between civilization and nature. Building a society out of nature, one that humans can be a part of. Also Awakening everything, so nature itself has a voice and a mind.

Naanomi
2015-03-09, 10:24 PM
Agriculturally minded Druids have been part of druid lore since at least 2e; doubly so in 3e when they could be Lawfull. The druidic farmer/fisherman/whatever is a fun take on the class to me

Nicrosil
2015-03-12, 09:29 AM
Once you get inter-planar travel, be sure to check the Earth plane for the agate needed for future Awakenings. Also, the druid trees would need a way of getting XP.

aspekt
2015-03-12, 10:29 AM
If one takes the view that any obstacle presented by other creatures must be flattened to maximize personal comfort and profit, sure. It's a very agriculturalist view, but isn't really screaming druid to me.

Actually that made me think just the opposite. But maybe my view of Awaken is a tad more liberal.