PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gathering Crafting Materials

JohnStone
2015-03-09, 08:52 PM
I am playing a witch that Crafts potions and the like...

I was wondering if there is a way to gather the so called "raw materials" using the survival skill, or knowledge nature skill. effectively allowing me to craft for free?

If not how else could i craft on the fly during an adventure without going to a city to buy said materials?

Ryulin18
2015-03-10, 06:44 PM
When you get to a town, buy a "supply". This is just purchasing all the things you'll need. I've done it before for scribe scroll's cost for ink and just wrote - "scroll Crafting supplies (XXXgold)"

Another idea would be to talk to the DM about a DC to gather. Something based off the Profession checks.

You can earn half your Profession check result in gold pieces per week of dedicated work.

PS. Maybe not Gold per week. Possibly 1/4 check gold during a rest?

Arbane
2015-03-11, 01:51 AM
I was wondering if there is a way to gather the so called "raw materials" using the survival skill, or knowledge nature skill. effectively allowing me to craft for free?

Ask your GM if you can use any of the monster-giblets from your kills. If they say yes, try and roleplay it "Ooo, Ogre Gall is great for strengthening effects!"

Deophaun
2015-03-11, 02:07 AM
See Profession (herbalist). Fluff the resulting gold as crafting components.

No, do not expect a lot of income from it.

deuxhero
2015-03-11, 03:12 AM
Foraging for raw material is supposed to be part of how your spell component pouch stays full, though that's pure fluff and doesn't require any training.

atemu1234
2015-03-11, 06:05 AM
See Profession (herbalist). Fluff the resulting gold as crafting components.

No, do not expect a lot of income from it.

Especially as you need to collect infinite amounts of lots of things to make a single spell component pouch.