PDA

View Full Version : Building a stronghold with magic

Spacehamster
2015-03-10, 11:33 AM
So reading a post about apple prices in d&d and using spells to run an orchard, made me think if you can build a stronghold using spells only, were thinking putting it in a desert using druid spells to make it lush but for the stronghold itself I'm not sure if there is any spells to magically create it. Palace/castle type building made out of stone I were thinking. :)

Gritmonger
2015-03-10, 11:41 AM
So reading a post about apple prices in d&d and using spells to run an orchard, made me think if you can build a stronghold using spells only, were thinking putting it in a desert using druid spells to make it lush but for the stronghold itself I'm not sure if there is any spells to magically create it. Palace/castle type building made out of stone I were thinking. :)
Wall of Stone plus Stone Shape - Wall of Stone is permanent if you concentrate for the full ten minutes, and stone shape would allow you to create stone panels or decorations or to put doors in your wall of stone...

coredump
2015-03-10, 11:43 AM
A new cantrip allows for excavating 125 ft^3 of dirt per round... help get that foundation going...

and a moat. :)

GWJ_DanyBoy
2015-03-10, 11:44 AM
Repeated castings of Fabricate or Stone Shape so long as there's a bunch of raw materials around.
Use Wall of Stone to create additional raw materials and, you know, walls.
Flesh to Stone for decorating and raw materials (Evil only).
Guards and Wards for home security.
Move Earth for landscaping.

aspekt
2015-03-10, 11:44 AM
Well a high enough level caster could use shape stone. As a druid I imagine they would create far more organic shapes rather than stone blick style building.

So for instance the walls would look more like sheer cliffs or a bluff face rather than a crenelated wall you would typically think of for a castle.

After that shape wood for doors or gates followed by any increased growth spell to add more plant life.

Spacehamster
2015-03-10, 12:24 PM
And once you have your exotic garden filled with fruits, plants and life you can cast awaken on a bunch of monkies and have them as your staff. :D monkey butlers ftw. :)

coredump
2015-03-10, 02:16 PM
And once you have your exotic garden filled with fruits, plants and life you can cast awaken on a bunch of monkies and have them as your staff. :D monkey butlers ftw. :)

Now to give them wings.....

GWJ_DanyBoy
2015-03-10, 02:19 PM
Now to give them wings.....

Brewing Goodberries into a drink might make an acceptable substitute for Redbull.

jkat718
2015-03-10, 02:42 PM
@coredump @PMGWJ_DanyBoy: Permission to sig?

Also, take a look at the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/elementalevil_playerscompanion) for spells related to the elements, particularly earth (and if you're in a desert, the water ones could be helpful, too).

GWJ_DanyBoy
2015-03-10, 02:56 PM
@coredump @PMGWJ_DanyBoy: Permission to sig?

Heh, be my guest :smallsmile: