PDA

View Full Version : githyanki necromancer?

Asuryan9
2015-03-10, 07:42 PM
So in the Mm I don't see an intelligence based githyanki. Would one of them being a necromancer be too out of the norm? Thinking about a villain for an adventure.

ChubbyRain
2015-03-10, 07:52 PM
Who cares if it is out of the norm?

Don't be afraid to do whatever the hell you want for your game. Throwing curveballs is a sign of a decent DM and mastering the curveball can be a sign of a great DM. Spamming curveballs will get boring though, so watch out.

But having a Gith-cromancer works just fine.

Naanomi
2015-03-10, 08:09 PM
Isn't thier leader a lich? Someone would have to be knowledgable...

Thrudd
2015-03-11, 09:23 AM
Isn't thier leader a lich? Someone would have to be knowledgable...

Yeah, but she murders anyone who gets close to approaching her power. There could be necromancers among them, but they would probably get murdered sooner than others, because you can't have another lich running around to challenge you...

Though it could be a good story line, that there is a githyanki necromancer with aspirations to overthrow the lich Queen, gathering allies. Probably hanging out somewhere that the queen has a hard time projecting her power. Players might get into the middle of a fight between githyanki factions, and githzerai might be trying to take advantage of this somehow, too.

ChubbyRain
2015-03-11, 09:34 AM
Yeah, but she murders anyone who gets close to approaching her power. There could be necromancers among them, but they would probably get murdered sooner than others, because you can't have another lich running around to challenge you...

Though it could be a good story line, that there is a githyanki necromancer with aspirations to overthrow the lich Queen, gathering allies. Probably hanging out somewhere that the queen has a hard time projecting her power. Players might get into the middle of a fight between githyanki factions, and githzerai might be trying to take advantage of this somehow, too.

Or the players run characters who work for the Lich Queen's (Un)Death squads?

RedMage125
2015-03-11, 09:22 PM
That was a plotline in Dragon/Dungeon Magazine back in the day (I wanna say Dungeon Magazine #100). You had playable Githyanki as a mini-campaign. "Lich Queen's Beloved" I think it was called.

At any rate, they did have Necromancers. And they had an arcane caster (Prestige Class) called a Ghustil that was their healer since they didn't allow for divine casters (I'd just use a Valor Bard with Healing Spells). They were also pretty fond of warlocks.