|||||||||||

Multiclassing
|||||||||||

Total
|||||||||||||

To start, I use neither.

asorel
2015-03-10, 10:25 PM
Yes, and yes. I play in two games, and DM one other. Feats and MCing are allowed in all 3.

Yorrin
2015-03-10, 10:26 PM
At my table I allow both but so far nobody has multiclassed.

Magic Myrmidon
2015-03-10, 10:51 PM
My group uses both.

Naanomi
2015-03-10, 10:53 PM
Both used and utilized at my table

Madfellow
2015-03-10, 11:01 PM
I allow both in my games. Multiclassing hasn't been used by any of the players yet, but feats have. Most of the character builds that I cook up involve multiclassing, but practically none of them use feats.

jaydubs
2015-03-10, 11:16 PM
Feats and multi-classing have been allowed in all games I've played in.

I have personally used feats, but haven't multi-classed.

ChubbyRain
2015-03-10, 11:18 PM
As a DM: Yes to both, though house ruled a bit so you could technically say no?

I play in a game that allows MC but not feats, I play in another game that allows feats but not MC, and I play in a game (this on is 1/month sadly) where there is no ASI but there are feats and MC.

Battlebooze
2015-03-10, 11:23 PM
Yes and yes in the game I play in.

Interestingly, though multiclassing is allowed nobody has done it.

TheOOB
2015-03-11, 01:07 AM
Yes and yes. My paladin is planning on taking a couple levels of fighter, but hasn't yet.

TrollCapAmerica
2015-03-11, 01:22 AM
More options the better imo

I don't care for multiclassing myself but the option is nice. Feats are too good and character defining not to use

Gryndle
2015-03-11, 01:34 AM
my group uses feats and multi-classing, but like some of the others have said, no one in our group has taken advantage of multi-classing yet.

jaydubs
2015-03-11, 01:46 AM
Actually, about half the people I've seen try multiclassing have gotten it wrong. Mostly because it doesn't work the same way as people assume it does (coming from 3.x usually).

jkat718
2015-03-11, 02:08 AM
I wasn't going to allow either in my first game, in order to help my players learn the system without the extra rules, but removed the restriction on feats because they're only level two and already understand the system well enough. I also opened up multiclassing as an option, but my players have something against it, so they haven't and probably won't. They're both technically allowed, though.

The other campaign I run is comprised of the more advanced players in the first group, so again, both are allowed, but multiclassing will probably not be used. I'm also playing a character in that game, though, and I might multiclass at some point.

So far, I've played in two 5e games so far. The first one, I joined partway through, and it ended shortly after. I'm pretty sure they didn't discuss either, as it was only intended to be a level one game, but they were using homebrew, so they probably would've used both. I guess ir doesn't really count, though.

The other game I played allows feats, but not multiclassing.

TOTAL: 3 for feats, 2 for multiclassing

Gwendol
2015-03-11, 02:49 AM
Feats and multiclassing are allowed, and encouraged.

Psikerlord
2015-03-11, 04:34 AM
Feats and multiclassing are allowed, and encouraged.

We dont use multiclassing. But we do use feats.

Kurald Galain
2015-03-11, 05:33 AM
1) Do you use feats?

2) Do you use mutliclassing?

(1) yes, and I would not be interested in joining a game without them.

(2) yes, but this is not a deal-breaker.

Mr.Moron
2015-03-11, 05:36 AM
I currently run a single game and am not using either variant. I'd probably introduce both in the next game I ran, but not strictly as written in the book.

Mandragola
2015-03-11, 05:44 AM
I'm in two games, both of which allow feats and multiclassing. As others have said, nobody has multiclassed so far and I don't think anyone's planning to. So far we've only had fears on variant humans, because we're not that high level.

Last night my paladin critted an ochre jelly with his maul, then critted again with the bonus attack from great weapon mastery. Splat!

Solaphti
2015-03-11, 06:23 AM
Absolutely yes to both.

I DM a game and play in another and there was never a question of either. By level 8, all the players in both games have at least one feat, and all but 1-2 of the 8 PCs have multiclassed at least once.

Grand Warchief
2015-03-11, 08:03 AM
Yes to both, it does suck though that feats are now tied to class level and not character level. I guess they wanted to discourage multiclassing :(

Myzz
2015-03-11, 08:29 AM
Game I play in yes to both... although I'm the only one to have multi classed

Game I run, yes to both... Everyone has feats, only 1 of the 4 players has chosen to MC.

JNAProductions
2015-03-11, 02:16 PM
Right, I think that's enough results.

Almost universally on GitP forums, feats and multiclassing are allowed. Thanks for participating, guys.

Daishain
2015-03-11, 03:21 PM
Both games I've played allowed both. First game, no one multiclassed. Second one, three already have, with one or two more considering it (large party of 7)