PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Tiny Tibbit of Doom!

WeaselGuy
2015-03-11, 12:39 AM
So, basically, I took this idea (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?326083-Giant-kitty-barbarian!) from a thread from last year, and showed it to my wife, and she wanted me to do it without the meldshaping (she doesn't really like MoI).

What I came up with was the following:

CE Mineral Warrior Tibbit Soulborn 2/Stoneblessed (Goliath) 3/Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian (with Goliath Racial Substitution) 4/Frenzied Berserker 10.

For feats, Power Attack, Cleave, Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage, Blazing Berserker, Frozen Berserker, and Extra Rage.

Thoughts?

WhamBamSam
2015-03-11, 02:43 AM
You can't really get rid of MoI, since the weird quirk of CE Soulborn 2 is what makes the "strongest Tibbit evar" trick go. The -8 to Str in cat form is explicitly a penalty, so CE Soulborn's Incarnum Defense just says nope.

My personal favorite application of that trick is Tibbit CE Soulborn 2/Binder 10, using Zagan to grapple as if Large, and the Weight Focus feat from the Fabulous Cats (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c) April Fool's article to step it up to Huge and with the benefit of Improved Grapple. From there out, just try to keep your BAB up and boost grapple with whatever you can. Sadly, Knight of the Sacred Seal isn't in the cards, as you have to be Chaotic, but things like psionic powers and soulmelds that boost grappling are potentially fair game.

You can do other Tibbit-y things that don't involve Soulborn. They make good Psions and if you can spare a feat on Surrogate Spellcasting, decent casters. I've seen people try to get away with using retractable claws for Iaijutsu Focus before (it requires a permissive DM, and is a huge stretch by RAW, but given that you could just flip a quickrazor you didn't plan on using for your attack anyway...). Basically, you just need to look into melee options that aren't dependent on Str. The simplest might be just loading up on Sneak Attack damage with Craven (scaredy cat anyone?).

WeaselGuy
2015-03-11, 03:54 AM
Sorry, I actually forgot a few things in the first post lol. When I showed it to my wife, she wanted me to make it work specifically with Barbarian, since her first D&D character was a Barbarian. I still plan on keeping the 2 levels of Soulborn, for the exact reason that you said, she just didn't want any meldshaping (which Soulborn doesn't get until level 4 anyways).

Vhaidara
2015-03-11, 09:44 AM
I also recommend some Warblade. Why? Because maneuvers don't really care about your size. The Iron Heart 9th (which you can actually get at 20 on this build) still does 100 damage. So the kitty can walk up to someone (while a tiny kitty), swat his head into the next country, then turns into a tiger.

Also, Tiger Claw focus into Bloodclaw Master.

WeaselGuy
2015-03-11, 11:42 AM
What would be some good enchantments to put on a Necklace of Natural Weapons, for a raging Tibbit?

Vhaidara
2015-03-11, 04:06 PM
Throwing and Returning are always a fun combo.

Collision is +5 damage for +2 cost.

Keen can work well with Tiger Claw

Vorpal means you literally rip people's heads off.