PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Master of undeath aka 10lvs to demi-lich

Azrael9986
2015-03-11, 01:54 AM
So I was planning ahead and wanted some input on this idea. is 10 levels too little? We do plan to go into epic level fighting almost anything including some elder evils that want to snuff out the world. So me being the necromancer of the group. I wanted to become a Demi-Lich. XD funny part being is it would be a floating childs skull. XD how epic is that.

Honestly don't know how to go about this. so lets wing it shall we.

Class: must be epic level caster
Special: Must be a Lich
Special: must have 8 gems worth 12k gold to use in final transformation.

HD:1D12
Saves: good will save
BaB:as cleric
Skill:4+Int mod

1:insight bonus to attack = hd
2:touch attack upgrade
3:Paralyzing touch
4:Fear aura
5:+5 int, cha, wis,
6:Resistances 20
7:Immunities, DR 30-
8:Magic immunity, turn resistance
9:Insight bonus to AC =HD, Spell like abilities,
10:Flyspeed 180(perfect) Size change as demi-lich, skill bonuses from lich change to +20, increase to +10 to Int, Wis, Cha, Trap the soul, phylactery transference,

or something like that.

ezkajii
2015-03-11, 10:59 AM
Well it looks like the class definitely isn't overpowered, the I think the ability progression makes sense. What is the incentive for a lich not to just perform the ritual and become a demilich, and instead put the 10 levels into the transformation?

Azrael9986
2015-03-11, 02:07 PM
If its that underpowered would you think adding spell progression would fix it? o-o or would that put it into the overpowered area?

ezkajii
2015-03-11, 02:22 PM
Actually now that I think about it, the LA would likely be higher than the template's CR adjustment of +6, so maybe the added bonus of getting add'l HD, skill points, improved BAB and saves makes up for it.
One thing that I might do is, rather than having each ability coming online in full at different levels, start with a smaller version that then upgrades into the full one. So, insight bonus equal to 1/2 HD at first, then later equal to HD. You kinda did with the mental stat bonuses.
I do wonder, though, why not just become a demilich? Why stretch it out like this?

Azrael9986
2015-03-11, 03:12 PM
I felt it was a little easier to get people to be okay with levels to get a template then it is to get them to just take a large LA. Due to lack of HD, Saves, Bab, spell progression, skill points, and things of that nature. plus then they have to eat several levels of static. It bothers some people it makes them feel like they are stunted compared to the group. even though it makes most abilities stronger. This way they at least get feats every 3 levels to

ezkajii
2015-03-11, 04:24 PM
Isn't it your character?

Azrael9986
2015-03-11, 05:05 PM
Yes but apparently the gm and the basher cleric changed the basher into what I am. So he wants in on the demi-lich thing too. he doesn't like the LA but if the DM likes the class he might think about taking it. He still hits things more then me. but he likes what lich gives out power wise. so he wants to use it instead of the fist of hextor modified for eberron setting or whatever the cleric PrC was that makes you smash things better.