PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Advice needed: Crowd Control oracle?

Arbane
2015-03-11, 04:04 AM
I've got an Oracle of Battle, level 7 so far and close to level 8, and I've been doing reasonably well as an 'Oraclezilla' of the 'buff and attack' variety. The problem is, my current group is a bit overstocked on direct-damage-dealers - we also have a two-handed Ranger (and his pet), a (fairly ineffective in combat) Rogue, a Monk, we're adding a blastomancer Wizard, and the Witch's player is swapping her out for a Gunslinger.

We've managed to avoid needing a healbot so far, and I'd like to do something a bit more interesting than just buff.

So, working forward, what spells/feats/whatever should I be looking at to make the rest of this group effective without elbowing them out of the way? I'm already planning on taking Blessing of Fervor at 8th level, and I've got Prayer & Bless as AoE buffs.

I'm still thinking of taking Cornugon Smash for my next feat, since I do get attacks in every so often anyway and Shaken is a decent 'free' debuff.

Geddy2112
2015-03-11, 09:35 AM
Your battle mystery is going to give you wall of fire at 8, which is decent for battlefield control. At 12 you will get bull's strength, mass but the party might already have enhancement bonuses to strength. If you are looking to buff everyone, take the battlecry revelation, which is a better AoE than prayer or bless and hits skills/all saves.

Another 4th level spell to consider is aura of doom so you can debuff enemies.

Arbane
2015-03-11, 07:10 PM
Your battle mystery is going to give you wall of fire at 8, which is decent for battlefield control. At 12 you will get bull's strength, mass but the party might already have enhancement bonuses to strength. If you are looking to buff everyone, take the battlecry revelation, which is a better AoE than prayer or bless and hits skills/all saves.

Another 4th level spell to consider is aura of doom so you can debuff enemies.

I've been thinking about taking that revelation, or possibly the Battle Cry (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/battle-cry-combat) feat - in my experience, rerolls on saves are better than +1s.

I picked up Bull's Strength (regular) for my own use - so far, I don't think anyone in the group has a +str item yet. (We're currently short on loot, but working on fixing that situation.)

Are there any good cleric/oracle buffs that give unusual bonus types? Most of the ones I've seen are +morale or luck to hit, +deflection to AC and +resistance to saves, so it's hard to stack them.