PDA

View Full Version : This is my Boom Stick!

tomandtish
2015-03-11, 05:34 PM
So, Ash versus Evil Dead (http://screenrant.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-tv-show-cast/)is apparently happening on Starz later this year. I'm cautiously optomistic. Anyone else interested?

danzibr
2015-03-11, 09:31 PM
Haha, this is awesome. Burnt out, washed up ol' Ash. That'll be nice. I don't see how they can ruin it.

Reminds me of River City Ransom 2.

wobner
2015-03-12, 04:38 AM
cautiously optimistic is a good way to put it. I love bruce campbell, though i regret having ever watched "my name is bruce" *shudder*. It would be nice to see him playing something other than a washed out drunk, though he does it so well. (still peeved we never got to see him as barnabas in dark shadows, certainly couldn't have done any worse.)

despised the Evil Dead remake despite being a fan of jane levy and quite optimistic, and i am not a fan of hercules, xena, spartacus, spiderman, or really anything sam raimi has done with the exception of the original evil deads, so that puts a damper on my optimism

I can't seem to find any real details on the story, just the "30 years later," blurb, and i am at a loss as to what they would come up with. Has anyone else had any better luck? Armies of darkness was entertaining, but an entire t.v. series of that would get stale quick! Ash being Ash can only carry the show so far.

lets see, deadites are back ofcourse. Lucy lawless is trying find the source and blames ash, thats fairly overdone. mysterious butt kicking girl sidekick, overdone. The illegal immigrant sidekick he continually threatens to have deported is atleast somewhat unique, but has the potential of being horribly offensive. and thats it... hard to pass judgement with so little to go on.

amusing, imdb lists lucy lawless as being in 3 episodes, and bruce campbell in only two. so they are worhtless.

yeah, cautiously optimistic it is, waiting anxiously for more information.

tomandtish
2015-03-12, 04:57 PM
despised the Evil Dead remake despite being a fan of jane levy and quite optimistic, ...

Have to agree that I was disappointed in the remake. To me the biggest problem was the tone change about 2/3rds of the way through. Up until that point they were playing it very serious. It then suddenly switched to the kind of camp gore you got from the originals. The flip kind of left me ... meh.