PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Goblin Cleric of Maglubiyet

Blackhawk748
2015-03-11, 06:30 PM
So for fun, and possible later use, i want to make a Cleric of Maglubiyet. Now he will be a Goblin, this is not negotiable, and i may go in to Ordained Champion, as Maglubiyet is a god of War i think i can convince my DM that this is ok. Now if he does get used it will most likely be in RHoD, so i assume he'll be starting at level 5. Now other than Ordained Champ, i have no idea what im gonna do with him.

Things that are not ok, DMM: Persist, abuse of Planar Ally, abuse of Gate, hell most things that are considered "cheesy".

Now that being said, DMM: Extend is good to go as are multiple other things, just be aware that my DM will optimize to a similar extent to our party. So if im a Cleric with WF Shield and Imp Shield Bash, my DM will have out opponents be on a similar level.

So with that out of the way, lets make a War Priest!

Edit: Also Roleplay suggestions are greatly appreciated

Eloel
2015-03-11, 06:45 PM
Just never let your cleric know what Maglubiyet means.

If you're not married to DMM, I could suggest Favored Soul for the more "I fight for Maglubiyet" approach.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-11, 06:47 PM

If you're not married to DMM, I could suggest Favored Soul for the more "I fight for Maglubiyet" approach.

It only means that in Turkish :smalltongue: and i thought about Favored Soul but the lack of turn/rebuke hurts to much.

Eloel
2015-03-11, 07:30 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?172910-Articles-Previously-Appearing-on-GiantITP-com&p=9623145#post9623145) might be interesting for a Goblin Cleric. It's not WotC, but it's as official as homebrews go :smallbiggrin:

Blackhawk748
2015-03-11, 09:23 PM
I have something vaguely resembling a build!

Goblin Cleric 4/Ordained Champion 5
Domains:Destruction, War (why Maglubiyet doesnt have this to begin with is just wrong) and Trickery (as my bonus Domain)

Feats
1st Wild Cohort (Wolf)
3rd Mounted Combat
5th Ride By Attack (for Destruction's Domain Power, as ill be getting more smites later)
6th Spirited Charge

So in general ill be riding around on a wolf (eventually a Dire Wolf) and whacking things with my Battleaxe and in general having a grand old time. SO tips or good spells to go with this?

bloodystone2
2015-03-11, 10:25 PM
Roleplay ideas: the clutz comic relief, the god of war, the religious elistist, the silent eyes, and the punisher

Clutz comic relief - He's a goblin, meaning people would assume that he's weak. Why not play onto that. Good at bluffing and preforming and seems like he wouldn't really fit being a Cleric of Maglubiyet. This might be a good front for the other ones.

The god of war - The cleric is a sadist through and through, possibly a sadomasicist if you're willing to have self-mutilation in your character. Try hard hitting, protection domain, tanky goblin of death. Bonus points for having improved sunder and shredding through your enemies armor as they begin to become terrified.

The Religious elitist - The cleric HATES other clerics. Can't stand them. He's willing to murder his way through waves of clerics for a shot at the god they worship. Bonus points for lots of knowledge (religion) and the ability to speak celestial.

The silent eyes - Death/protection domain Cleric that plays like a rogue. Sneaky, lots of traps and other odd objects and probably likes to stabby stabby for his god. Doesn't talk, makes him seem more dangerous than he is (though he does have justification) Bonus points if you sacrifice someone every dungeon.

The punish is a mix between the God of War, Religious Elitist, and Silent Eyes. Imagine a tanky god, going cleric hunting, never talks and is the archetype of Lawful Evil. He is the true dominator. Bonus points if he does something completely crazy occasionally. Like attempting to eat an enemy instead of bashing their face in with his shield or suddenly pulling out greek fire in the middle of a torture chamber.

Maglubiyet
2015-03-11, 11:29 PM
:redcloak:

Blackhawk748
2015-03-12, 05:56 AM
I believe Maglubiyet is pleased :smalltongue:

Roleplay ideas: the clutz comic relief, the god of war, the religious elistist, the silent eyes, and the punisher

Clutz comic relief - He's a goblin, meaning people would assume that he's weak. Why not play onto that. Good at bluffing and preforming and seems like he wouldn't really fit being a Cleric of Maglubiyet. This might be a good front for the other ones.

The god of war - The cleric is a sadist through and through, possibly a sadomasicist if you're willing to have self-mutilation in your character. Try hard hitting, protection domain, tanky goblin of death. Bonus points for having improved sunder and shredding through your enemies armor as they begin to become terrified.

The Religious elitist - The cleric HATES other clerics. Can't stand them. He's willing to murder his way through waves of clerics for a shot at the god they worship. Bonus points for lots of knowledge (religion) and the ability to speak celestial.

The silent eyes - Death/protection domain Cleric that plays like a rogue. Sneaky, lots of traps and other odd objects and probably likes to stabby stabby for his god. Doesn't talk, makes him seem more dangerous than he is (though he does have justification) Bonus points if you sacrifice someone every dungeon.

The punish is a mix between the God of War, Religious Elitist, and Silent Eyes. Imagine a tanky god, going cleric hunting, never talks and is the archetype of Lawful Evil. He is the true dominator. Bonus points if he does something completely crazy occasionally. Like attempting to eat an enemy instead of bashing their face in with his shield or suddenly pulling out greek fire in the middle of a torture chamber.

Also these are great. Im probably gonna go with God of War and Religious Elitist, should be fun.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-12, 06:32 PM
*terrible Prof. Farnsworth Impression* GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!

My DM has approved me having the War domain and me taking Ordained Champ. Also he has given Maglubiyet more domains! They are: Trickery, Tyranny, Competition, Destruction, and Evil. He had Strength on there but i traded it for War.

May have to swap Destruction for Competition, those are nice spells.

Zaq
2015-03-12, 07:54 PM

It only means that in Turkish :smalltongue:

*Checks Google Translate*

Wow. I learned something new today. Gotta love GitP, and I mean that with full sincerity.

Are any of the other main D&D gods words in other languages?

afroakuma
2015-03-12, 11:11 PM
Edit: Also Roleplay suggestions are greatly appreciated

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?350307-So-You-Want-To-Kill-A-Goblin-%28Fluff%29) may or may not be of help to you.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-13, 12:29 AM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?350307-So-You-Want-To-Kill-A-Goblin-%28Fluff%29) may or may not be of help to you.

As always Afro, most enlightening.