PDA

View Full Version : Saves vs Psi

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-11, 07:09 PM
I dont know psionics very well at all, but is there any classes that give a bonus to saves vs psionic attacks? Thanks to X to Y, I have a full list of cha to saves classes, but I see nothing about psionics there. It does not have to be cha specific, but I am looking for an ability modifier bonus, not a simple +1,2 or 3.

claypigeons
2015-03-11, 07:28 PM
Psionics attacks are just like any other attack/ability.

Each power that offers a save requires a Fortitude, Reflex, or Will save, just like spells. The description blocks for spells and powers are set up the same way, and the info is offered there.

Creatures with "psionics" as Su or Sp abilities also offer saves, and the info should be somewhere in the stat blocks

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-11, 07:36 PM
yes, but the reason I ask is some classes (such as hexblade) state only vs magic

In a world where psionics and magic are split apart, that does not help much vs psionic attacks.

Blackhawk748
2015-03-11, 07:43 PM
yes, but the reason I ask is some classes (such as hexblade) state only vs magic

In a world where psionics and magic are split apart, that does not help much vs psionic attacks.

Worlds where this is true kinda suck, as Psionics doesnt have a ton of splat support.

Troacctid
2015-03-11, 07:49 PM
Well, anything that gives Cha to saves vs. everything would work, since that includes psionics. So...Paladin?

claypigeons
2015-03-11, 07:52 PM

A Fort save is a Fort save. Each power or ability states what kind of save it offers.

Anything that raises your [SAVE] works against anything that targets that save, unless it states otherwise (such as the stated Hexblade ability). Great Fortitude works against spells and poison. Lightning Reflexes works against a dragon's breath, a Wizard's fireball and traps.

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-11, 07:55 PM
Well, anything that gives Cha to saves vs. everything would work, since that includes psionics. So...Paladin?

of course I have all the normal suspects, but you can never have too much cha to saves ya know :P

I find good is better then evil for cha to saves,(pally, arcane dullest, warlock, a couple classes from unapproachable east, and more)
while evil has blackguard, hexblade, warlock, PoT variant pally, and I think I am forgetting one too.

I find that adding cha to saves twice, and cha to ac twice will make you nearly unstoppable, but even just adding it once can add a scary high bonus.

claypigeons
2015-03-11, 08:01 PM
I find that adding cha to saves twice, and cha to ac twice will make you nearly unstoppable, but even just adding it once can add a scary high bonus.

Force of Personality to remap Will saves to Cha, and completely forget about Wisdom (unless of course you need it for something).

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-11, 08:11 PM
ya, most of the time I never take 4 levels in a Paladin type class to get spells, so WIS takes a back burner. If I am going for saves, then just like sneak attack - you go ONLY for saves - and AC if the focus is abusing CHA like a dominated succubus :P

Psyren
2015-03-12, 12:53 AM

The point is not to split them, that's why transparency exists as the default rule :smalltongue:

If you split them, you run into many problems, and this is one of the smallest.