PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Seeking optimizers for blue magic

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-11, 07:21 PM
Ive been toiling over all my books for about 2 weeks now in attempt to make all sorts of builds and classes, and I find every time I make a new build, my own skills at building get a little better.
One thing for sure however, is that I always read what others have to say about the class, from tips, guides, troubles, ect.

Ive been quite serious about how strong my builds are for playing in a world of overly strong players, undead, and gods, so my focus has been on being the best at whatever it is my build should be doing.

Then I saw one book over in the corner that I have never used - a book that is often barred from use, so I never got to play with it - Encyclopaedia Arcane: Nymphology.
Glancing over the spells, feats, and classes, I thought for sure there has to be some combo, some nasty, game breaking assortment of classes, races, feats, or spells to be both fun to play, great to make the players laugh, and even better to tick the DM off at times.

So let me ask - what are some of the most crazy combos you guys have come up with using content from this book?
Just as a side note - nearly the whole party is gender ambiguous right now, in a house of poly people, so things that screw with gender are simply going to be gold!

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-11, 07:37 PM
Ok so I found a template for creature of lust, and if I am reading this right, it has no LA....

Is this true?!

Also, I have some fey templates I can use, but are there any good succubus templates, or savage species progression for succy?

edit:
PrC wise
The Seducer gets +2 CHA at lv 1 as well as +2 for cha related checks
The Peeping Scryer at lv 5 gets a perma still spell on all spells he casts, as well as scrying bonuses and the ability to overcome scrying defenses

feat wise
Sensual Magic lets you use your cha instead of your int for the saves of your spells (holy crap!)

This seems to be everything of note out of this book

Seclora
2015-03-11, 08:21 PM
Lilitu, Fiendish Codex 1. It's the evolved Succubus. They get cleric casting based off of Cha as a racial feature. If you are the DM, this is the villain you use in that sort of campaign. If you're a player, talk to your DM about building a Savage progression.

Belt of Gender Changing also comes to mind.

Afraid I don't quite play at that sort of table. It's quite the interesting book though, must admit.

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-11, 09:16 PM
thanks for that source, I will check it out.

The game is not built around the book, in fact nobody has ever played anything from it either
The DM said that everything in the 3.0-3.5 world is game, so I will take him up on that.

I think im gonna dip into mystic pimp for easy gold in towns, as well as grab that +2cha.
Not 100% about the anti scrying ability tho, as great as it is, sadly there are far better PrC's to choose from.

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-11, 09:24 PM
Lilitu, Fiendish Codex 1. It's the evolved Succubus.

I think I just wet myself reading that progression.....
How did I not ever know about this?!
This just may be the most bad ass evil template ever!

Seclora
2015-03-11, 09:28 PM
I think I just wet myself reading that progression.....
How did I not ever know about this?!
This just may be the most bad ass evil template ever!

Best poison ever. Is it any wonder every Succubus tries to become one?

Cruiser1
2015-03-11, 09:44 PM
Ok so I found a template for creature of lust, and if I am reading this right, it has no LA.... Is this true?!
The Creature of Lust template isn't LA +0, but rather its LA is not mentioned. It does say the creature's CR is +1, so one should assume the LA is at least +1, since it gives Outsider type, +8 in stats, and an extremely powerful at will battlefield control special attack.

In that sense it's similar to the powerful Unseelie Fey template from Dragon Compendium: No LA is listed, but the example creature (which notoriously have bad stat blocks, even in official WotC publications) has no higher LA, so people often assume it's LA +0.

thecrimsondawn
2015-03-11, 09:53 PM
The Creature of Lust template isn't LA +0, but rather its LA is not mentioned. It does say the creature's CR is +1, so one should assume the LA is at least +1, since it gives Outsider type, +8 in stats, and an extremely powerful at will battlefield control special attack.

In that sense it's similar to the powerful Unseelie Fey template from Dragon Compendium: No LA is listed, but the example creature (which notoriously have bad stat blocks, even in official WotC publications) has no higher LA, so people often assume it's LA +0.

ya, that one is on my platter to play with too. I was thinking about a half Unseelie fey, half succubus, magic blooded, creature of lust lol :P

Sadly the first thing I found when I was googling the page number was http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1104.0

When I found out that was homebrew I was a bit sad and dug out my codex, and was still not disappointed by what I found :P