PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder DD

boriss283
2015-03-12, 03:28 PM
Hello there. I want to create sorcerer/Dragon Disciple character there. Some think like melee caster. But i have few problems with it. So, i want to make melee caster. So i need to choose melee weapon. Ofcourse sorcerer with draconic bloodline have 3+charisma modifier round per day with 2 claws, but this is not anought. I have idead choose tengu with bait attack and take trate with 2 claws attacks. Also i have question about boosting my AC. Sorcerer is not profienced with any sorf of armor plus spell failury. How can i boost my AC with out Armor spells and Ring of protection ? And what feats should i take for my melee sorcerer/DD ?

GreyBlack
2015-03-12, 03:38 PM
Hello there. I want to create sorcerer/Dragon Disciple character there. Some think like melee caster. But i have few problems with it. So, i want to make melee caster. So i need to choose melee weapon. Ofcourse sorcerer with draconic bloodline have 3+charisma modifier round per day with 2 claws, but this is not anought. I have idead choose tengu with bait attack and take trate with 2 claws attacks. Also i have question about boosting my AC. Sorcerer is not profienced with any sorf of armor plus spell failury. How can i boost my AC with out Armor spells and Ring of protection ? And what feats should i take for my melee sorcerer/DD ?

If you want to play a Dragon Disciple, might I recommend the Bloodrager instead? It's more of a front line fighter type that would lend itself to up close and personal fighting while maintaining your concept of "Caster with dragon blood".

Failing that, Tengu Are automatically proficient with all swords, so a Greatsword may be your best bet. Boosting AC shouldn't be too much of an issue at higher levels, with items like Bracers of Armor that can boost it.

boriss283
2015-03-12, 03:53 PM
I prefer to make sorcerer/DD, because he may cast highter spells and he know more spells.
Do you think better take Greatsword insted of 2 claws attacks ?

Geddy2112
2015-03-12, 03:54 PM
I second a Tengu and greatsword, and you can use your dragon claws as backup. Greatsword is better than the d3 tengu claws, and the dragon claws grow in power as you level. Bracers of armor are great at higher levels, but before you can afford them darkleaf cloth will bridge the gap. It is leather armor with no spell failure, and since the check is 0 you don't have to worry about not being proficient. Mage armor is a spell in your bloodline and will give you +4 over the +2 darkleaf, but you have to cast it so up to you on what you want. Either or will hold you over until you can afford decent bracers of armor. Also get a mithral buckler, as it has no ACP or spell failure and is a shield bonus. If you claw/claw bite or cast you lose it, but it is still handy to have. Dodge is another way to boost your AC, albeit not much.

boriss283
2015-03-12, 04:02 PM
About darkleaf. It decrease Spell failury by 10% to a minimum 5%. So leather armor still will have 5% spell failry. ANd may be it is better to take human and spend 1 feat to martial weapon profience instead taking tengu ? Oo
Can u advice me some feats ? oO

GreyBlack
2015-03-12, 04:11 PM
About darkleaf. It decrease Spell failury by 10% to a minimum 5%. So leather armor still will have 5% spell failry. ANd may be it is better to take human and spend 1 feat to martial weapon profience instead taking tengu ? Oo
Can u advice me some feats ? oO

Honestly, no to the human thing. You'd have to wait until level 3 to take Martial Weapon Proficiency, and that would only give you one weapon. Also, for armor, you aren't proficient with armor at all, so you would take huge penalties to all sorts of things by wearing any armor, in addition to the spell failure chance.

EDIT: I went stupid on the "wait until level 3" thing, thought you need BAB+1 to take it like EWP. Derp. Rest of my comment stands.

Psyren
2015-03-12, 04:19 PM
Tengu is a waste here because DD is already giving you a bite attack. I would use a different race instead, or trade your Tengu's bite for something else.

Geddy2112
2015-03-12, 04:22 PM
Oh whoops! Did not see that! Well, you can still have the haramaki or silken ceremonial from the eastern armor, only a +1 but it is cheap out of the gate, then you can buff with mage armor as needed, and finally just get bracers.

If you go human and your gonna pick a weapon, get something nasty with reach, so you can hit from a distance(not worrying about low AC or casting defensively) then drop the polearm/reach weapon and grow claws as a free action to do melee. Plus humans are a good choice all around.

Arcane strike is a nice early upgrade that is good all game, and you will rarely have a use for swift actions. For claw fighting, take weapon focus and then improved unarmed strike and feral combat training. Then you can look into style feats like dragon style, snake or crane are also good depending on what you want to do in combat. Intimidating prowess is great because you are a CHA caster, have intimidate as a class skill and your strength is gonna be through the roof. Power attack is OK but your BAB is a bit low so your call on it.