PDA

View Full Version : Miko v. Ogier the Dane

Duke Malagigi
2007-04-10, 01:44 AM
This is a thread modeled slightly off of Lord's Roy VS Aragorn thread.

Let's start at the begining.

Here are the Rules. A} D&D rules B} A maximum of one enchanted blade each {AKA Cortana, and possibly Miko's blade} armor up to and including chain mail. C} Help is permitted but only if both sides recive aid. D} No magical items as always.

Also, who would get along better with the Order of the Stick, Miko or Ogier.

See this link (http://www.celtic-twilight.com/charlemagne/bulfinchs_ch/bulfinchs_loc_c24.htm) for information about the legendary Ogier the Dane.

malagigi
2007-04-10, 08:32 PM
My thought is Ogier's stat block is probably not too different from Roy's. That being the case, if Roy was a Paladin would that last fight between the two of them been different (upto Roy taking a stunning kick to the face)?
Maybe.

Does Ogier have a level of viking (perhaps we can say barbarian, or is there a viking class out there somewhere)? Does that make a difference in the outcome?
Maybe.

Who wins? With what the knowledge at hand, I'm inclined to give it to Miko.
Maybe.

Of course if Ogier gets to bring in the real Paladins, and Miko gets to bring in 11 Paladins, the 12 peers of Charlie hand the 12 best in the Sapphire Guard their twiggy butts.

Who gets along better with the OotS?
At this point the waters are so poisoned it's a struggle to come up with any quasi-heroic character who wouldn't get along better with the OotS than Miko.

Jazzvader
2007-04-11, 03:57 AM
from what i've read i think it would be Ogier who won

Elliot Kane
2007-04-11, 01:41 PM
Having read some of the legends in question, I'd give it to Ogier, hands down. No offence to Miko, but Ogier is probably the second or third most powerful of the Twelve Peers. He can take down small armies.

malagigi
2007-04-11, 05:09 PM
I guess the approach I was taking was, if I reduce Ogier to a ~14 lvl character, what would his stat block look like? How would a lvl ~14 paladin/barbarian/?-Ogier stand up against a ~14 lvl paladin/monk-Miko. There's a 2E supplement putting the peers of Charlemagne into AD&D that I saw years ago. I can't remember any of the stats, but that's the sort of translation I was trying to track.

If we want to put a epic level Ogier against a lvl ~14 Miko, there's no point to making a comparison; the comparison is absurd on the face of it.